New to sub-ohming,any advice?

So ive ben vaping now for about two months and like most things that i get into i gata go full throtel.. i recently started to venture into sub-ohm and i no that i should respect it and deff pay atention to ALL the do's and dont's..

Ive got the 30 amp sony's otw and have a e fest 30 amper now..of corse i have an ohm reader for this and realy want to b as safe as i can!! I know that stressing bateries is probably the main thing i should try and avoid and id like to pick up a mutimeter to see whats the bat voltage before and after i use it..

So anyway,i guess im asking for your opinion's on safety mainly and any other things that could be important to know..

Thanks for the help VT...

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the one, very underwhelming test of the Sony US18650VTC3 vs the Efest 30A I'd say the Efest is also just a re-wrapped Sony.

Efest makes but also re labels many cells, the mAh is often the clue.

Can you guess whats under the hood?

Efest 18650 3100mAh
Efest 18650 3400mAh Li-ion
Efest IMR 18650 2250mAh
Efest 18650 2600mah
The first 3 are are Panasonic and the last a Sanyo.
Take a look at my Sony test post.
The now ignored AW IMR18650/1600mAh, (Mr AW rates them at 15C - 24A) will also totally embarrass the Sony US18650VTC3. Anyone doing high drain comparison tests should always compare them to the original beast.

I've been doing some sub ohming for quite awhile now. my only suggestion is to never go below 0.3 ohms. i know its safe with a 30 amp battery but its just my own personal advice. make sure you have PLENTY of airflow to the coils or they will just get too hot to vape.

and i get my batteries from bevapehappy.com if you are interested. they have 15 amp and 30 amp batteries.

Will,

So, you're saying the best bet to go with is aw imr 18650/1600 mah? Just wondering because I already ordered 2 Black Efest 18650/2250 mah flat-tops. I know they're just rewrapped Panasonics. Did I do bad, good, or meh?

In that mAh CLASS like the Sony US18650VTC3 or the 2nd tier MNKE (another cell with fancy specs) the AW1600mAh is the best choice. Too expensive though.

In general these 2000mAh cells are the best high drains and are what I would recommend, for the sub ohm crowd. Great price too.

2x-Samsung-SDI-18650-20R-INR18650-20R-2000mah

The ones you got are not really ideal for sub ohming.

Here's a 7A test, I'll call it about equivalent to a .5Ω atty, BTW I compared it the Callie's 2250 (Panasonic) the traces are identical.

Pan22_Sam_7A.png

Useable, but the Samsung is the better choice. At 10A the gap widens considerable more.

In that mAh CLASS like the Sony US18650VTC3 or the 2nd tier MNKE (another cell with fancy specs) the AW1600mAh is the best choice. Too expensive though.

In general these 2000mAh cells are the best high drains and are what I would recommend, for the sub ohm crowd. Great price too.

2x-Samsung-SDI-18650-20R-INR18650-20R-2000mah

The ones you got are not really ideal for sub ohming.

Here's a 7A test, I'll call it about equivalent to a .5Ω atty, BTW I compared it the Callie's 2250 (Panasonic) the traces are identical.

Pan22_Sam_7A.png

Useable, but the Samsung is the better choice. At 10A the gap widens considerable more.

Thanks Will,

I'm gonna order both the expensive aw and the samsung you suggested. You're expertise is appreciated!

I'm running mnke 18650's in my sub ohm build. Might try out the sonys with the higher amp draw rating.

Dont know if its me or not but it seems like when i use the sony (c4) it almost has a burnt taste compeared to the 1600 mha high drain e-fest..gata keep vaping and find out..seems like the sony deff has power!! Running it on an igo-w with a half ohm coil.

a burnt taste will not have anything to do with your battery. your battery just fires you set up, choosing the right battery will determine a safe circuit depending on the ohm's you'll run.

you might have a burnt taste due to different reasons

- you have a hot spot in your coil

- you're pulling dry

- your cotton got burnt [if you're using cotton that is]

without a picture of your build or what you're doing, we cannot narrow why you have a burnt taste

a burnt taste will not have anything to do with your battery. your battery just fires you set up, choosing the right battery will determine a safe circuit depending on the ohm's you'll run.

you might have a burnt taste due to different reasons

- you have a hot spot in your coil

- you're pulling dry

- your cotton got burnt [if you're using cotton that is]

without a picture of your build or what you're doing, we cannot narrow why you have a burnt taste

Posted Image

Hopefully this will help.. i dont think there is a hot spot and it is cotton.. the taste wasent super burnt mabe just slightly.might b time to change the cotton? It was just wierd cause when i put the sony in is when i noticed it..mabe it was just a dry hit or just my CRAZY TASTE BUDS?

Most of the time just 2 or 3 second rip's is enough but sometimes ill go for a super fogger..deff not making the cotton to tight,i always make sure that it goes back and forth with some resistance but not to tight..

It might just be that im not juicing it fast enough..not use to useing so much juice..subing deff goes threw it!!

Yeah I've noticed to that some flavors when sub ohming taste burnt no matter how much juice you put on it.

I think this COULD be because some flavors may not be able to take the temperatures that sub ohming at 3.7 volts puts out. At least, I know my 555 has problems on a 2.5 coil going much above 3.7 volts - it just doesn't like to get that warm, and tastes burned. Has ever since I started vaping the 555 from this supplier.

i just started in the dripping world with a k100 and a patriot clone atty, now i rebuilt the existing coil in it cuz well it sucked now its at a .4 ohm and burns beautifully ive been dripping my adv 555 from mt baker and the taste is GREAt. using ekowool and a flat ribbon kanthal (which im out of) so going to move onto a 28 gauge while my ribbon is in the mail.

i just started in the dripping world with a k100 and a patriot clone atty, now i rebuilt the existing coil in it cuz well it sucked now its at a .4 ohm and burns beautifully ive been dripping my adv 555 from mt baker and the taste is GREAt. using ekowool and a flat ribbon kanthal (which im out of) so going to move onto a 28 gauge while my ribbon is in the mail.

Try twisting the two wires up together when u get more ribbin..sence i started useing it i havent used anything else!! What baterie you using for subing??

• 2 weeks later...

Geff, can you post a pic of that? I'd like to give that one a try. How is it on flavor&vapor

how do I go about posting a picture without a URL?

flavor is really nice, favor is okay

im still getting used that that low of an ohm with the throat hit because I cant take pulls longer than a couple seconds. my lowest build before this was a 0.5

the build is so warm

I don't know how I feel about it