Possible to create flavors from scratch?

MoeFunk

I am planning to start making my own juices. Looking at the recipes I see that they all use pre-made artificial flavors from companies. This is just so extremely disappointing. I do not want to be in this boat.

Someone told me of a particular vendor, the Vapor Chef, who creates his own flavors from scratch. I was told that for is flavor Honey Peary, he will go to the store, buy honeydew melons, pears, strawberries, extract the juice and use that as a base. I don't know if this was BS or not, but looking online I have yet to find a single example of anyone doing anything like this, and on the chef's website there is no mention of this. If it is possible I would really love to learn how to do flavorings along this line.

So my question for anyone who might know... Is this kind of thing possible? Or are we at the mercy of just using artificial premade flavorings and just mixing them together?

I have read of companies using natural or organic flavorings and would like to look more into that. Virgin Vapors claims to have organic juices. How do they make them or where can I get organic flavors? Just looking to see what the possibilities are. Any help at all would really be appreciated. A link or a search term, or any advise on how to proceed?

Thank you for reading.

I'm with you, I have just read of some adding stevia extract to their flavors, but I don't know what they are putting in the flavor I don't really want to put it in my lungs.. They say essential oils are a no no.. One the points of getting off cigs is to stop putting chemicals in your body. I eat clean & Paleo. Coffee sounds good, maybe I can make a coffee stevia blend.. Then try mint tea, or other flavors of natural things boiled down strong. I got the glycerin from Walgreens and put an essential oil in it, but now they tell me that the oil is bad.. So time to start over...

I have been cutting back on nicotine and want to start using a nicotine free blend that I make my self.. I now need another vapor pipe so I can keep my nicotine fix handy till I Don't need it any more... Already regular cigs are starting to seem nasty to me.. The last time I tried one I threw it away after half.. Yuck. LOL.