Got my Ecig kit yesterday

Hambone

Hello all,

I'm new to the vaping world. I'm hoping to quit smoking which I know may come as a shock to those of you on here as it's such a unique and foreign concept. Joking aside (that was actually a joke), I'm curious about a couple of things.

1) I have started the journey by going with GreenSmoke ecigs which have pre-filled cartomizers and so far I really like them (did a lot of research before going with the brand also) but I was wondering what vape veterans think of the non-mod or plug and play type like these (as opposed to the fancy mod type hookah devices that you fill with e juice). Do you guys have any thoughts on whether these are a good option? Other thoughts?

2)Throat hit is actually kind of scratchy and heavy for me which is somewhat bothersome. I'm hoping that this will not be a big problem as I get more used to the ecig versus standard "analog" smokes. I'm not a heavy smoker (lights... about 5 a day) but I still have a very hard time quitting 'cause I'm in the Army Reserves and have a little of the monkey see-monkey do, social smoker mentality. I'm committed to giving this a full effort to switch to ecigs only but that scratchy throat hit is disconcerting.

Thanks

Alot of us have started with those cigalike type devices, they did help me get started. Most of us figure out along the way that going with a refillable tank style device offers a huge improvement in options for flavor, throat hit, nicotine level, etc... Read around in some of the threads on the forum here, there's alot of information here for you.

Good luck with your attempt to quit smoking and welcome to the forum.

Hello all,

I'm new to the vaping world. I'm hoping to quit smoking which I know may come as a shock to those of you on here as it's such a unique and foreign concept. Joking aside (that was actually a joke), I'm curious about a couple of things.

1) I have started the journey by going with GreenSmoke ecigs which have pre-filled cartomizers and so far I really like them (did a lot of research before going with the brand also) but I was wondering what vape veterans think of the non-mod or plug and play type like these (as opposed to the fancy mod type hookah devices that you fill with e juice). Do you guys have any thoughts on whether these are a good option? Other thoughts?

2)Throat hit is actually kind of scratchy and heavy for me which is somewhat bothersome. I'm hoping that this will not be a big problem as I get more used to the ecig versus standard "analog" smokes. I'm not a heavy smoker (lights... about 5 a day) but I still have a very hard time quitting 'cause I'm in the Army Reserves and have a little of the monkey see-monkey do, social smoker mentality. I'm committed to giving this a full effort to switch to ecigs only but that scratchy throat hit is disconcerting.

Thanks

Don't know about the Greensmokes brand, but will say anything to help leave the tobacco ones behind is going to be better for you. In time, I wouldn't be surprisd to hear you've switched to one of the entry-level battery and tank systems. You'll find many more choices available as to taste/flavors, probably less costly and more convenient than searching out and buying a certain prefilled carto, and, provided you have someone in your area capable, you can have your flavors custom tailored to your taste/hit/nic level preferences.

As to switching being a big problem, all you have to do is figure out for yourself which is better for you. Since you've decided to try "the other side", I assume you've already figured it out. Now all you need do is stick with it. I smoked a pack+ for 50 + years. Got my first e-cig, put down the stinkies the same day and haven't looked back for over 8 months. If I can do it, you can too. Tell yourself you're setting a good example for everyone else. Afterall, "monkey see, monkey do" works both ways. Who knows, you just might convert some of those around you. Plus, I'm sure your CO would be happy about less cig butts laying around. Police Call was always a pain.

Oh yeah, welcome to VT. Plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks here to offer support and advice.