Chemical splash

Um, how did you splash acid on your eGo?

I had my ego on my lanyard (forgot to take it off) and had an accident with acid based clog disolver. I have chemical burns to my face (including my eye lid), shoulders, neck, chest, ear, and arm. It actually ate through my shirt and bra to burn my chest. It also ****** up my hair.

I guess it was mixed a little too strong.

Thank Goddess the burns are relatively minor. The burn on my face was bad enough that it's an open wound though.

This could have been much worse! I just dove for the closest non-contaminated water, starting with my eyes. Contact was short, this should heal without scarring - except maybe the little bit near my eye. I am thankful my eyes and vision are ok. Hurts like a son of ***** though!

So the ego sat, with acid on it, the whole time my injuries were being tended to. When I got back to it, I cleaned it, chucked the cartridge that was on it (not taking chances with the part that has the stuff I'm vaping!), and not a mark on it! The lanyard's chrome part has some pitting, but the ego itself is perfectly fine.

Edited by HelloMiakoda

All I can say is.......OOOWWWWWIIICHHCHH!

Glad you came through relatively in one piece though!

Understatement of the year! I could feel it disolving my skin! Once it started eating in, it was hard to wash it out! I didn't give a crap my roommate saw me topless. I would have tossed that shirt no matter who was there! I couldn't get the acid off fast enough!

Edited by HelloMiakoda

Understatement of the year! I could feel it disolving my skin! Once it started eating in, it was hard to wash it out! I didn't give a crap my roommate saw me topless. I would have tossed that shirt no matter who was there! I couldn't get the acid off fast enough!

Once upon a time, I was on an e-mail listserve for people with bipolar. One woman on there, her wife didn't want to mess up her shirt when she was cleaning the oven. Their son was at school, so she stripped her top off while she was spraying oven cleaner in the oven. Yup, you guessed it, she ended up with chemical burns on her chest. If she had thought maybe to throw on maybe some crap shirt, she would have been protected, but it hit her skin instead.