Kanger AeroTank

Dual or single coil? Looks interesting, though. But MOSTLY I don't have much problems with my Kanger airflow, unless my coil is going out (or actually, in a couple cases, the airflow got really really tight with a dying coil).

With all the people drilling out their KPTs, they probably figured that an adjustable tank would be the next best thing. I'm thinking it'll probably be a dual coil, but we will eventually find out. The KPT3 has been getting a lot of complaints so far. Kanger needs to just keep it simple.

Funny you should mention it. I have the KPT 2, after my KPT1 was broken. I haven't really enjoyed the KPT2 as much, and I think it's actually because of airflow.

I'm using the same 2.5 Ohm atomizer heads in it as I used in the KPT1, but I have to dial down the voltage on my Vamo to 3.7 or 3.8, otherwise it just burns the juice. (By burn I mean it tastes burnt and harsh, not that it uses it up faster). With the KPT1 I was vaping the same atty head at 4.3. What I've found through minimal experimenting is that if I only screw the KPT2 on just so it's barely making contact, I get good airflow and a better, consistent vape. As for drilling it out, I'd have no idea how to do that.

I welcome an adjustable airflow KPT.

Edited by DarthVaper

People modify their KPT tanks by drilling out the airholes that are right above the 510 threads. With the increased airflow, there is less flooding and burnt/dry hits, along with the looser draw.

Another reason for Kanger making this tank could be due to the KPT not working with certain mods that don't have air channels, mainly mech mods. With the airhole now being exposed above, rather than under the tank at the threading, it can now be used with any mod that uses a 510 connection, regardless if it has channels or not.

Funny you should mention it. I have the KPT 2, after my KPT1 was broken. I haven't really enjoyed the KPT2 as much, and I think it's actually because of airflow.

I'm using the same 2.5 Ohm atomizer heads in it as I used in the KPT1, but I have to dial down the voltage on my Vamo to 3.7 or 3.8, otherwise it just burns the juice. (By burn I mean it tastes burnt and harsh, not that it uses it up faster). With the KPT1 I was vaping the same atty head at 4.3. What I've found through minimal experimenting is that if I only screw the KPT2 on just so it's barely making contact, I get good airflow and a better, consistent vape. As for drilling it out, I'd have no idea how to do that.

I welcome an adjustable airflow KPT.

That is sooo not right - 3.7 volts with 2.5 resistance, that's only 5 1/2 watts. Have you tried these tanks on more than one device? I had a similar situation happening with my MVP, and it turned out the problem was my MVP. You'll get a higher voltage amount off an eGo stick battery fresh off the charger.

That is sooo not right - 3.7 volts with 2.5 resistance, that's only 5 1/2 watts. Have you tried these tanks on more than one device? I had a similar situation happening with my MVP, and it turned out the problem was my MVP. You'll get a higher voltage amount off an eGo stick battery fresh off the charger.

No, I haven't, Spydre. I only have the Vamo and some eGo batteries (old style, non-VV). Funnily enough, my last device was the MVP (the first one).

I don't buy a lot of devices. I use the eGo's as backups and have one main device with some bells and whistles. I have also considered that the problem is the Vamo, but the KPT1 worked fine on it. The Vamo has been dropped a couple times since then, so . . .

No, I haven't, Spydre. I only have the Vamo and some eGo batteries (old style, non-VV). Funnily enough, my last device was the MVP (the first one).

I don't buy a lot of devices. I use the eGo's as backups and have one main device with some bells and whistles. I have also considered that the problem is the Vamo, but the KPT1 worked fine on it. The Vamo has been dropped a couple times since then, so . . .

Sometimes it can happen what seems like over night. First, try out all the tanks on your eGos - fresh off the charger so you are likely getting 4.2 volts. If they are good there, take a few of your tanks to a local B&M, explain your problem, see if they will let you use YOUR tanks with one of their display models of any variable voltage device, even if it's a twist (some B&M's use Twists or Spinners as the batteries for their samplers, since so many people use VV/VW).

I was lucky, because hubby vapes, too, and I was able to test my tanks out on his Provari. And I could test HIS tanks out on mine - his tanks that worked fine on his Provari tasted burned on my MVP, my tanks that tasted burned on my MVP at anything over (depending on whether I set it by voltage or wattage) 3.3 volts or 6 watts, tasted fine on his Provari at at least 4.4 volts on the 2.5 ohm coils.

How long ago did you switch over to the KPT 2 over the original?

Thanks for the advice, Spydre. I tried my KPT2 (which I received in the mail maybe three weeks ago) on my eGo batteries fresh off the charger and didn't get much vape at all. Back on the Vamo at 3.8 - 3.9 I'm getting a decent result. Go figure. Hey, at least I'm not using up my batteries as fast! There's always a bright side.

Unfortunately, I don't have a B&M near me. Will continue to fiddle and switch in a new head in a day or two. But there are so many tanks out there and more coming along every week it seems (Like the AeroTank above!). If I'm still unhappy with the KPT2, I'll try something else.

Thanks for the advice, Spydre. I tried my KPT2 (which I received in the mail maybe three weeks ago) on my eGo batteries fresh off the charger and didn't get much vape at all. Back on the Vamo at 3.8 - 3.9 I'm getting a decent result. Go figure. Hey, at least I'm not using up my batteries as fast! There's always a bright side.

Unfortunately, I don't have a B&M near me. Will continue to fiddle and switch in a new head in a day or two. But there are so many tanks out there and more coming along every week it seems (Like the AeroTank above!). If I'm still unhappy with the KPT2, I'll try something else.

Very true. Davides are SIMILAR to the Pro Tanks, but different, and there are a couple of other glass tanks out there as well. The advantage of Davides is they take the same coil as the Kangers, so more places carry the coils.

I forgot to ask, are you using genuine Kanger coils? I mean, does the box actually say "Kanger" on the end flap (and usually will say "Coils for the Pro Tank, Evod, and Unitank on the front). If you are doing everything mail order, I would think you are getting genuine, though.

I would say sometimes you get bad batches of coils, but if you are changing them out that frequently, I would think that if it was that, you didn't get a bad batch, you got a bad LOT.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines