Will I Get My Fix Right Away?

nemesis

i think tobacco smokes have lots of other chemicals in it that i'm addicted to

is that even true? or are the chemicals (besides nicotine) non addictive

anyways bottom line question will i get my fix right away from an e-cig? i think either way i'll get used to only feeling just nicotine :)

thanks

Hey Nemesis, I smoked 2 packs a day for 30 years and tried every method to quit to no avail. When I picked up my e-cig I knew I was done smoking analogs for good. I don't even feel like I need one any more. The throat hit seems to help alot along with the vapor that is given off. I wish you lots of luck and I am fairly sure you will enjoy vaping much more than smoking.

i think tobacco smokes have lots of other chemicals in it that i'm addicted to

is that even true? or are the chemicals (besides nicotine) non addictive

anyways bottom line question will i get my fix right away from an e-cig? i think either way i'll get used to only feeling just nicotine :)

thanks

I found that I got my nic fix right away; it's the rest of the habit you have to reassociate your brain with. ie; the pack of cigs in your pocket, the lighter, where you have to go to smoke etc. The rest of the junk in cigarettes didn't seem to be addictive for me, just the nicotine. It takes a week or two to get used to vaping in lieu of smoking, but after that it's all win win.For the first month of vaping I kept wanting to go outside, and my wife finally said, dude you can vape in the house, what are you doing? I find now that I crave certain flavors of juice now and again but don't miss any of the 4000+ other chemicals, especially all of the tar! Talk about breathing better.

And i concur with Chris, you definitely have to WANT to quit. That's the key...

Good luck to you, and happy successful quiting to you!

BTW - welcome to the forum!

Edited by Hawk

ok thanks guys

ya that sounds good to me :)

for some reason this e-cig thing sounds too good to be true, seriously imagining vaping in malls and everything just makes my mind cry haha

just awesome

ok thanks guys

for some reason this e-cig thing sounds too good to be true, seriously imagining vaping in malls and everything just makes my mind cry haha

just awesome

For what its worth, I actually DIDNT want to quit. What really caught my attention at first, was the "smoking alternative" angle. I LIKED to smoke ( or so I thought at the time ). NO one wouldve taken the bet that I would actually quit. THATS whats so great about it, they got me off analogs, and I wasnt TRYING to get off them. But, that in mind, you have to know going in, it is NOT exactly the same as smoking. It IS as freaking close as you could possibly get though

ok thanks guys

just awesome

I tend not to vape in enclosed areas like malls or whatever because I don't feel like explaining to everyone who complains that I'm smoking in the mall... or just keep it on the down low and hold in the hit 'til no vapor is released from the lungs.

I bought my first kit on a Tuesday. I still had a pack left, so I vaped a low nicotine juice and finished my pack by Fri 8-7-09. Since then I haven't needed an analog cig. I wanted one, but I just took a few drags off my e-cig and poof!!! craving gone.

Like keenan, I enjoyed smoking and this is the best alternative to it.

Give it try. You won't be disappointed.

And remember, we are here to help you. All of us have done it with the help of vaportalk and all it's members, you can too.<---Did that sound chezzy????? :blink:

If it's the investment you are worried about, some suppliers offer a satisfaction money-back guaranty.

-TheGreen

Nemesis,

I have to say that after a few weeks of vaping, I prefer it, and that is after over 20 years of smoking. I have had to "settle" for analog cigarettes twice since I started vaping because I ran out of E-juice once, and I left my Ecig kit at work once. It was no big deal though because it just wasn't nearly as satisfying as vaping (I still have a half pack of Marlboro lights in my dresser drawer, but no desire to light up).

I also don't have that daunting fear of falling off the wagon and going back to analogs because I enjoy vaping way more.

Yes, you should want to quit smoking for all of the obvious reasons, and yes there are a lot of things to learn and get used to, but in the end, I think you will find it was well worth it.

Chris

To answer your first question, in my research I haven't seen anything to indicate that you are addicted (physically) to anything other than nicotine.

I think vaping solves so many issues with quiting. One I realized this morning is that you can control it vs a patch. If you need more nic, then you vape. When you don't you can stop. You can't control a patch or even a gum like that. Add in that you get all the physical feedback like blowing smoking, putting it in your mouth, holding it, etc. and I can't think of any other way I could have quit.

But I still miss the smell! Strange, huh?

Oh, it helps if you get a banner like the one below. It gives you positive feedback. Click on mine and you can add your own.

Edited by jmhester

To answer your first question, in my research I haven't seen anything to indicate that you are addicted (physically) to anything other than nicotine.

I think vaping solves so many issues with quiting. One I realized this morning is that you can control it vs a patch. If you need more nic, then you vape. When you don't you can stop. You can't control a patch or even a gum like that. Add in that you get all the physical feedback like blowing smoking, putting it in your mouth, holding it, etc. and I can't think of any other way I could have quit.

But I still miss the smell! Strange, huh?

Oh, it helps if you get a banner like the one below. It gives you positive feedback. Click on mine and you can add your own.

Thats interesting, that you still miss the smell. For 35 years, the smell never really bothered me, which used to tick me off when other people complained about it. But now, my wife still smokes, and the smell drives me nuts. I dont say anything, as Im a former culprit, but I NEVER thought I would be the one complaining about the smell. Its ONE thing that makes me NOT wanna go back to analogs

cool thanks guys

ya i think i'll like them, the smoke is harsh and i know vapor won't be as harsh

i believe i'll be a converted person :)

the only thing i wish is that i could stop by at my corner store and pick up supplies heh

oh well im gonna just order some supplies each month

i would buy a load of supplies but i may want to switch to a new e-cig and stuff

also once i get my e-cigs ill do that banner thing it's kewl :D

Edited by nemesis

cool thanks guys

ya i think i'll like them, the smoke is harsh and i know vapor won't be as harsh

i believe i'll be a converted person :)

the only thing i wish is that i could stop by at my corner store and pick up supplies heh

oh well im gonna just order some supplies each month

i would buy a load of supplies but i may want to switch to a new e-cig and stuff

also once i get my e-cigs ill do that banner thing it's kewl :D

One thing I would stock up on at first is juice. Youll use that no matter what e cig you switch to, and it SUX to run out.

Be patient nemesis. For me after smoking for more than 30 years the learning curve took about a week of a few smokes and a few vapes. In no time I found myself craving the great taste of the vape ! A tobacco/coffee mix is just... Heaven ! The tough part is getting the right unit and juice for you. But, with the help of all of these kind folks on the forum, you'll get dialed in and then....... smokes, what smokes ?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH, the VAPE !!!

One more opinion. I smoked for 34 years and had no problem whatsoever giving them up when I started vaping. I don't think I really wanted to quit, but after giving vaping a try, I didn't want to go back. And that was from day one. There was no adjustment period for me at all. I'm one of the ones who can't stand the smell of smoke anymore and that is just amazing to me. I've had a problem here and there with atomizers and batteries and had panic attacks thinking I couldn't vape and might have to resort to an analog. My solution to that was to buy a whole bunch of supplies. lol I really can't taste the difference between all the flavors of juice - and would really like to - but even that isn't a problem for me. I do hear that someday I may be able to, but even if I don't, I'll stick with the vaping. I feel so much better, can breath again, etc. And it's only been a month for me.

One more opinion. I smoked for 34 years and had no problem whatsoever giving them up when I started vaping. I don't think I really wanted to quit, but after giving vaping a try, I didn't want to go back. And that was from day one. There was no adjustment period for me at all. I'm one of the ones who can't stand the smell of smoke anymore and that is just amazing to me. I've had a problem here and there with atomizers and batteries and had panic attacks thinking I couldn't vape and might have to resort to an analog. My solution to that was to buy a whole bunch of supplies. lol I really can't taste the difference between all the flavors of juice - and would really like to - but even that isn't a problem for me. I do hear that someday I may be able to, but even if I don't, I'll stick with the vaping. I feel so much better, can breath again, etc. And it's only been a month for me.

Hang in there I did the same thing.Bought a kit stopped smoking cigs same night and converted to vaping and worried that my E-cig would break so I ordered another kit to have as a backup.Now I have 4 different kinds.Would probably not by the first two again.I have plenty of stuff to keep me going now.

As for taste have you tried menthol flavors I would be really surprised if you couldnt taste that!!

Good Luck and Hang in there....

Thats interesting, that you still miss the smell. For 35 years, the smell never really bothered me, which used to tick me off when other people complained about it. But now, my wife still smokes, and the smell drives me nuts. I dont say anything, as Im a former culprit, but I NEVER thought I would be the one complaining about the smell. Its ONE thing that makes me NOT wanna go back to analogs

I still like the smell of smoke from the analogs, but actually trying to smoke one again, is NASTY!!! I have tried smoking when drinking at clubs, etc.. and I cannot even finish my cig. It taste like ****!!! So, that is a good thing rolleyes.gif

Same as like a lot of other folks, didn't want to quit, got an ecig for the novelty.Pack a day smoker for almost 40 years and now haven't had a cig going into my second month. Still have 5 packs unopened but don't even want one! Vaping is the best!