The bolt, Vivi nova...

I would first suspect the coil.

Are you making sure the coil is primed before starting to vape it? If you start to vape before juice is allowed to saturate the coil the first time you fire it up, you could potentially burn the wick/coil giving a bad flavor that is difficult to remove

Do you have another tank you can try the juice in ? I have a caramel apple here that tastes bloody horrid in the Mini Nova but in my Davide its amazing.

I find the Novas like a lower voltage I'm not sure if you change the voltage on your setup. Maybe try a different coil as well.

When I use mine occasionally I fill it up to just under the plastic tip that fits on the head itself. It has rarely ever leaked for me. I do notice though like Jeff pointed out that this tank works best when its full. At the moment I have a .9 ohm rebuilt head with a cotton wick and it works splendidly. Thank God for a micro coil because as soon as I get any weird taste I pull out the old cotton, dry burn a few times and replace the cotton. Good as new. In fact this head has been in this Nova for about 4 weeks or so.