What Do You Do For A Living?

Hey guys, just thought I'd start a post to try and get to know everyone better. I was just curious what types of skilled peeps we have here on Vapor Talk. So my question is...... What do you guys do for a living?

I myself am a Tattoo Artist of 5 years how about you? :thumbsup:

Well, Im the guy whos had a lot of different jobs, but now, not so much. Heres the short list. U.S. Navy Quartermaster (navigation) on a destroyer, EMT in New York (Great job, LOW low pay), Manager of a warehouse for an industrial pipe and fitting supplier for 14 years. That was my last job, GREAT money, great people. Just dissapeared overnight with the economy last year, along with 60% of my 401k. Now, looking for work.

Edited by keenan

Waiter for 3 years.

Combat medic in the army for 9 1/2 years.

EMT/Paramedic for 1 year.

Licensed Practical Nurse for 4 years.

Hospital furniture salesman for 4 years.

Car salesman for 2 years.

Oil field roustabout for 1 year.

Bull Dozer, Haul Truck, Scraper, Loader, and Blade Operator for 4 years.

Currently a Registered Nurse specializing in pediatric ICU and trama. 3 years.

I'm also the founder and past-president of our local poker club and card room.

I've been playing poker since I was 15 years old.

Punched a cop when I was 17, Sentenced to 4 years in the Navy,became a corpsman.

Got out and became a paramedic,worked Detroit,Oakland Ca,and Tampa.

Went to nurse school and did 15 years in ER's around tampa.Got burned out and am now doing home health,I'm now thinking that was a mistake and am currently looking for somthing I want to do. Nursing has cahnged latley and is more about paper and protocol than patients.I'm actually thinking about becoming a paramedic agian,It's just that the pay stinks!

Punched a cop when I was 17, Sentenced to 4 years in the Navy,became a corpsman.

Got out and became a paramedic,worked Detroit,Oakland Ca,and Tampa.

Went to nurse school and did 15 years in ER's around tampa.Got burned out and am now doing home health,I'm now thinking that was a mistake and am currently looking for somthing I want to do. Nursing has cahnged latley and is more about paper and protocol than patients.I'm actually thinking about becoming a paramedic agian,It's just that the pay stinks!

Hey Seaspine, not too far from ya, Lakeland. We have similar stories, except I did EMS in NY. And Im an old salt too, USS King DDG 41, QM2

I started to work when I was 10 yrs old with my own company removing snow for my neihbors and land scaping too. Did very well as in 3 yrs I made over 5k and was then able to do what I wanted. but as for a real paying job read on.

First job was land scaping(at 15). From there I was a cook in a drive in. after that I was in the Army, Tenth Military Police Battalion, did my basic in Fort McClellen and AIT. Then to (almost went) Germany (should have gone) but grandma got real sick, ended up in 5 diff. forts around the states and settled in Fort Stewart Georgia. after getting out, (which I regretted doing. should have made it my career)I was in Shipping for a company that rebuilt Master Break cylinders and tranny's. After 1 1/2 yrs I went into electronics as an assembler and built a lot of products that are being used today on the cell phone towers (Yes, thats y ur reception sux). After 16 yrs of that I went into selling Fords for 3 months then to Home Depot for 5 yrs. In there I stkd and helpped customers in Kitchen and Bath for which I was then moved to Race track. after 1 yr doing that I moved to Kitchen Design which I helpped my store grow dramatically. Moved to SC and still was with HD doing KD . After 2 yrs I went to a small company and did Kitchen Design for them. Worked in the field and learned more then I knew I could. All the aspects of desiging and installing and building custom cabinets of which can and cannot be done in a home. Amazed at what I learned from doing that and relized that HD designers really do not care how they do things (but a few do). So much more to the design than just designing. So, I did that and now after doing that 4 2 yrs I got hurt and am now disabled. I can never do what I did b4 due to my disc's in my back and just from over time the aurthritis really got bad. So as the weather turns, so does my joints. So here I sit, alone in my home and writing in forums. Which is nice and for something I believe in. Avery good cause, the e-cig and hopfully, I pray, that all people that use analogs will understand what we do and switch.

Edited by stubear62

Full time student (will eventually be teaching High School Chemistry and Physics - if I can shake enough of the rust off my math) and Mr. Mom. My wife supports the fam for now while I slave away cooking, cleaning, and raising our 1 yr old daughter.

I'm a software developer and freelance web designer. I specialize in .NET and iPhone development. I started programming at the wee age of 13 or 14, so I've been doing it for about 18-19 years or so (about 10 years 'professionally' though).

Research Statistician and Psychometrician for a healthcare survey company. My degree is in applied experimental and human factors psych, but I focused on the research and quantitate side of things, so I do lots of math.

Before that I spent 7 years in the defense industry doing a lot of modeling and simulation work for Navy and USCG contracts, mainly helping to design more efficient crews for new surface combatants.

Shane