SID not firing on RBA.

I used .20 nichrome wire to rebuild my Vision Eternity RBA. I recently picked up a SID by smoktech.

The atty fires on a Vision spinner, but not on the SID. Spinner fires hot at 4.3 volts, but the SID claims "low load".

Why does it fire on the Spinner, but the SID won't fire it? It seems like a reasonable resistance from the 4wraps of wire...

I am not very good at ohms/watts/resistance...I am still pretty new at recoiling, but what I am doing seems to be working.

Any ideas guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but you do need to check your ohms. Don't just cross your fingers and hope. ;) There are devices out there you can buy where you just screw your atty onto it and check the ohms.

3777-1_1.jpg

http://www.madvapes.com/cartomizer-and-atomizer-ohm-meter.html

At $20 it is cheaper than replacing the SID do to a bad wrap.

Will pick a Ohm meter up today when I visit a B&M I have been ordering from in another part of the state. Day Trip! I saw they just got them in.

I see coils where the wraps are touching, is that a short? How are people doing microcoils then?

What Is a short when it comes to RBAs?

I am hoping to be able to rebuild my protank coils soon. I have done a few, but none really successfully. My RSST with silica wicks have been unsucessful.