iClear16 not firing on itaste vv

I have a few iClear16 tanks. They all worked on my iTaste initially, however one of them has suddenly stopped working. When I check the resistance using the iTaste it reads NON. The tank still works on my vgo though (which has an 808 to 510 adapter on it).

Following the advice given by others I have tried pulling the centre post in the battery up and also tried the same with the post in the tank. Neither works for me so I was hoping someone could maybe suggest another reason for this problem.

I only ask because I think that error means either the coil is not making contact or is too low a resistance for the device to work. The only time this happened to me was with a T3S. Wouldn't fire on my Vamo but would on a std Ego. I replaced the coil and it fixed the problem. Some batteries have low resistance cut offs and some do not.

I just noticed. When I screw on the working tanks they get tighter at the bottom until they are comfortably on. With the one that isn't working, it is fairly loose until the skirt is all the way down. So maybe something has moved and its not screwing on enough. I think I need to take it apart and study it more.

I just noticed. When I screw on the working tanks they get tighter at the bottom until they are comfortably on. With the one that isn't working, it is fairly loose until the skirt is all the way down. So maybe something has moved and its not screwing on enough. I think I need to take it apart and study it more.

Itaste mvp is extremely finicky on the contacts..

A little update on my problem.

So I played around a bit, cleaned the battery repeatedly, pulled the pin up some more (up to 10mm), stuck the clearo on, still nothing. Resistance was NON, didn't fire. Other clearomizers still working fine...

So I bit the bullet and cleaned out the tank and took it apart. I took of the coil and just attached the base. Bridged the connection with a wire and tested the resistance, which came up as something like 0.2ohm. So the base connection is fine. I reattached the coil and sure enough the resistance measurement came up NON, signifying a break in the circuit in the coil.

I played around with the coil some more and tried screwing the coil on really tight. Eventually I got a resistance measurement. Something like 3.6ohm although it's a 2.0ohm coil, but it was something.

So I put it back together, stuck in some cheap juice and tried it out. It's working again. Eventually it stopped working and then I finally noticed the actual problem; the coil was bent a little. I think this was causing a problem with the connection between the coil and the base. So I played around with it and straitened it up and that got it working again. It's been working since.

I also solved the issue with the resistance measuring high sometimes. I have some CE4s which seem to be cheap clones. They seem to be pushing the pin down slightly further than is comfortable for the iclear16s. If I pull the pin up the iclear reistance measures properly even if I interchange them. As soon as I put a CE4 on I have to adjust that battery pin again.

• 1 month later...

The same thing happens to me with one of my iClear 16's. It will only fire with the iClear 16 that tightens with a few extra turns towards the battery. If I use a different one, it turns and tightens normally. The odd one out of the pack seems to be the only one that fires and it's the one that requires a few extra turns. Which also makes the center pin have more pressure on it. So, if I lift the center pin, the others will work, but if I use the tank that will work even if the pin is pushed down just a tad bit, it works. So in summary.

The odd iClear 16 (one of them) works but needs to be tightened a few extra twists kinda like it has extra threading.

The others that I have won't fire (they don't touch the center pin) unless I pull up the center pin very lightly and then not put the odd tank on

Any solutions? If you understand this, plz let me know. If you don't, reply quick so I can explain it differently. :)

(I have an iTaste vv) and 5 iClear 16's