needin some help with making cartridges last.....

Hey peeps this is a follow up regarding the fish tank filter for re-stuffing used cart stuffing.It worked out fine no problems with burning or anything,just make sure when you re-stuff then refill that you completely refilled the cart to the bottom by pulling out stuffing "carefully" and making sure the juice reached the bottom of the cart otherwise only the top half will be filled and cart won't last long.It takes some time for juice to reach bottom because material is new and not broken in yet.My brother also tried out some polyester material,its like pillow or cushing stuffing and that seemed to work good also.There is a video on youtube that shows how to re-stuff.I've noticed that all re-stuff material is usually made of polyester and make sure its flame resistant.Hope this helps.

Hey everyone this is a re-re follow up regarding the cart filter,using the material without compressing it together i found the cart did'nt last to long, but to get on with the post, i am still using the fish tank filter which can be purchased at any fish store (but it is the plain white filter for tanks with a built in filteration system,it is plain white with no carbon in it and it has a layered look,its about a inch thick and can be bought in sheets) what i do is peel about 1/3 of the layer off and i put it in between a towel and press the layers together with an iron cause if you use it as is then the juice does'nt hold very well and the cart does'nt last very long. So after that is done i pre-soak the ironed piece of material in water for about 24 hours to break it in so it can get use to holding liquid and after that i just take it out of the water put the material in between a towel and put pressure on it to dry it ,then cut and use, i've been using these carts for about 5 days now and only twice in roughly 50 carts have i got a little juice in my mouth,but that only happens if you overfill.After the 2nd or 3rd time you refill the cart, the material soaks in the juice really good.I use johnson creek smoke juice and other brands of e-juice in case anyone was wondering what kind of juice i've been using.It works really good and there is no burning of material in case you were wondering.I hope this helps someone looking for some answers to the cart material questions.

Edited by bigsponge

So overall do you think it's worth the work? Does it work better than the default material that comes with the carts?

Yes , it definately works better than the default material,well at least for me.The default material does'nt last long for me at all cause i use to be a two pack a day smoker and i take monster hits, after about 7-10 hits the default is going empty so its worth it for me .I changed out all the default material on all my carts,oh by the way i have the RN4081/NPRO style e-cig.But overall it works great and the carts last alot longer.It really does'nt take that long to prepare the material,the hardest part is the pressing and i only press with the iron for about 10-15 seconds but i should have mentioned in the earlier post that i use steam when i press,it helps to press it faster.Hope this helps someone.

• 2 months later...

Today I replaced one of my 510 cartridge fill with a very soft multipurpose sponge. Using scissors I cut it slightly shorter than the existing poly fill material and Pushed it a bit lower down in the cartridge so it doesn't actually touch the atomizer. This material has a lot less mass and wicks very well. I can put much more fluid in the cart by compressing the sponge with a paperclip allowing the sponge to expand and compressing it again and repeat, and am getting massive hits and a longer cartridge life. With the sponge pushed lower than the original filler I am also not getting the burned fill taste on longer draws and since I don't know what material the sponge is, that is probably a good thing.

I inject with a syringe, as well, so the stuffing gets fully saturated. When away from home, of course, as one hesitates to pull out a syringe in public (I want neither the social scrutiny nor the public safety hassles), I carry juice in 4ml bottles with an eye-dropper and top off as needed. A paperclip helps to work the stuffing and let air trapped in the bottom of the cart escape, allowing more liquid to enter, but you can get by with just dripping with a dropper.

Unless the cart stays fully saturated, flavor and vapor quickly diminish... and I'm sure it helps keep atomizers from burning out if the cart stays filled with juice. If it puddles a bit on top, I don't worry, I figure it's like dripping on the atty in that case. I keep a folded paper towel on my desk to clean up any juice that squirts out the sides of the mouthpiece when I press it back on the atty. By keeping the battery end of the ecig low and drawing gently, I have little problem with sucking in juice. And I suppose I've gotten used to the taste, anyway, so it's not the end of the world if I get a bit of juice in my mouth, I just wipe it off and keep on vaping.

I figure I go through about 10ml of juice a day, as two 30ml 24-strength bottles won't quite get me through a week. So I'm still spending less than half on juice that I once spent on analog cigs. I may well go to 36mg and dilute with glycerin, I just haven't done so yet.

Yes, vaping is a lot more involved than smoking. You can't beat just pulling out a cig and lighting up for simplicity, but the extra muss and fuss of vaping is a small price to pay for the benefits and advantages. I just consider it a new hobby, and take enjoyment in the activity.

I was doing a gig the other night in a bar that allows smoking. There I was, surrounded by smokers, an environment which if I had been quiting smoking I would normally have wanted to avoid, but I felt very at-ease, not the least tempted or discomfitted by the smoke around me. Vaping has totally replaced smoking for me, and I'm just glad to be on the other side of the cigarette paradigm.

Vaping so totally transcends smoking in every way, I find it mindboggling that anyone would object to the activity. But there's no dirth of nincompoops out there, is there....

I too still use a syringe to refill carts but I have gone to using teabag paper for filler.  Just cut open a teabag and cut it lengthwise and roll it up and slider 'er into cart till it fits a little loose.  As soon as you juice it up, it fills the cart.  I have had absolutely no juice into my mouth for at least a month of doing this.  I tried coffee filters as suggested to me but found that teabags work better.  Try it you might like it.  Plus they last a really long time, before they need replacing.  They are cheap that's for sure.  and when I am out I don't need a syringe at all i just drip a couple of drops right on top and can see it seep into the teabag filling I rolled up and put in cart.   :D