Atty Life Expectancy?

jiffy

How long should I expect my atty's to last? I have had 2 that I use for about a month now and they seem to be producing less vapor than before. Is this average or on the low end. I could be exaggerating about the lack of vapor production but it seems to be true.

I was planning on a short boil in water to clean them if the consensus is that they could be dying with a months use.

Some people get them to last as long as 3 months. But to be honest I change mine out once a month :)

I wish - I have the worst luck...see cleaning atty thread

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1891-just-resurrected-3-dead-cold-atomizers/page__st__8

An atomiser, in my experience, only performs at it's best for two or three weeks, after that the performance starts to drop. I do nothing with atomisers, I screw one on and vape it until it dies or the performance drops enough to notice - typically around three weeks.

Ive been using my original 510 and 801 attys for almost 2 months now. They are kickin just as good as when i first got them. :thumbsup: If your attys are bogging down i would toss them in some boiling water for about 10mins and let them dry out overnight. On average unless you get lucky it seems attys dont last much longer than a month.

Ive been CHAIN vaping mine for about 3 to 3-1/2 weeks now. I had one that I thought died, was getting next to no vapor. So I boiled it and it seems to have come back to about 75 %. Mind you, I switch back and forth from my USB passthru to my "wireless" during the day, so Im actually working 2 attys a day. I have a spare that I rotate in every 3-4 days, to give one a break for a few days. Other than the 1 that took a dump, the other 2 are still billowing clouds. Keeping my fingers crossed till payday.

I still haven't had any luck with bringing these things back from the dead... The ones that I have tried to, never come back strong enough for it to be enjoyable.

Still at $10 a pop, if I even get a week or two out of them is still far cheaper than 5$ a day for tobacco.

Still waiting to see what the most effective cleaning method is. So far it sounds like boiling has worked for some.

Boiling brought my first one back for the most part, but I'd read in the cleaning thread either here or on another forum that Crest mouthwash, the blue kind had the best results as far as cleaning the gunk out. Apparently the solution would turn green and you'd have little bits of gunk in the bottom of the container and that would signify the best result. I suppose I should reference this, but I, for the life of me, can't remember where I saw it. -_-