Im a beginner, I need help, save me from doing something stupid!

Cristian

Hey whats up,

So l quit cigs and started vaping and now I want to save even more money and make my own juice...

To put it simply I need to know 2 things and I dont want to die...

I bought USP VG AND PG concentrates 1 quart each

120 ml 100mg nicotine 100%pg - bought from ejuice4u.com

and an assortment of flavorings from ebay..

I also bought the test kit from eliquidtest.com and I tested my nicotine just like the guy on the video..

I tested it using 12 drops of bromothymol but the final result was 123mg nicotine

I tested it again with 15 drops of bromothymol and the result was 107mg nicotine

Which one should i go with?

and how do I dilute the whole 120ml nicotine to 18mg nicotine all at once? Just being around it scares me

The size of your drops is probably not consistent I would guess accounting for the difference. Both numbers are close enough I would go with the 120 the supplier quoted. As far as diluting it that would be purely mathematical, if you add enough PG and or VG to double the volume of liquid you would half the nicotine concentrate to half the 120 mg. Math makes my head hurt so you will have to figure it out from there.If you are shooting for 18 mg final peoduct you have to allow for the flavoring so will want the unflavored liquid to be higher than the target.

Edited by mcquinn

Personally I go with not over thinking things. Use some basic math skills to calculate how many parts of this and how many parts of that combine for the total desired nic strength and pg/vg mix. Personally I then calculate 15-20% of that total and add that amount of flavoring. The flavoring end of things is going to vary widely from person to person of course.

I don't use drops as a measure. Way too variable and thus inaccurate. I use a graduated vessel of which there is a wide variety. A simple measuring cup is a graduated vessel for larger volumes though I don't advocate you use one. A graduated scientific vessel of desired volume would be best imo but there are a lot of things that fall between those ranges. For smaller volumes a syringe would be good.

It's not rocket science.

Very glad you are being cautious with the nicotine liquid. so long as you treat it like any medication or toxic chemicals in you house, you will be just fine.

not any help with nicotine testing, I've never gotten around to that.

using a calculator will help a lot with any mixing needs. 120mg nicotine to 18mg....4.5ml nicotine + 25.5 PG and/or VG = 30mls of 18mg

Because my dood its safe to test your nicotine from what I've read people get stronger stuff then what they pay for...

A few more questions if I may..

1)Is the percent of flavoring you put in your juice generally the same? Between 15%-20%?

2)what if I add vitamins? if you use vitamins how much do you add?

3) And my original question if anyone has ever tested their nicotine...Is there a limit to how many drops of bromothymol I should use? the video didn't give a definite answer and he wasn't testing 100mg nicotine.

Also for whatever its worth I appreciate the advice everyones giving me, its helped, thank you!

Edited by Cristian

No worries, that's what the forum is for.

For me, I usually use flavoring at about 25-30%. Some flavors are stronger than others....it's really about personal taste.

I have never added vitamins or what not....I'm thinking the heating element would kill any benefit....

Because my dood its safe to test your nicotine from what I've read people get stronger stuff then what they pay for...

1)Is the percent of flavoring you put in your juice generally the same? Between 15%-20%?

3) And my original question if anyone has ever tested their nicotine...Is there a limit to how many drops of bromothymol I should use? the video didn't give a definite answer and he wasn't testing 100mg nicotine.

Also for whatever its worth I appreciate the advice everyones giving me, its helped, thank you!

1) After the recipe is developed, yes it's the same. My recipes range from 0.35% to 35% total flavoring. This may seem counter-intuitive, but too much flavoring can mean less flavor.

2)I would never add vitamins to my juice. Too much frickin' research to find the flash points, possible compound forming with a heat catalyst, and coil gunking. Besides, I've seen the volume of vitamins I swallow and even going through 30ml's a week, there is no way I can vape enough that I would get any benefit from a tiny amount of vitamins in my juice.

3)I test it by mixing it down and tasting it. The nicotine tests were not available when I started mixing and developed my own technique which concentrates more on flavor, but if it is off too far, I think I'd be able to tell. (4mg/ml difference in my finished juice is something I notice)

K dood.