I-Chybrid...a game changer?

post-18408-137807231426_thumb.jpg

Every so often, there comes along a device that could be considered a "Game-Changer." Now, I am not an e-Cig expert, nor do I play one on TV. However, in my opinion, the I-Chybrid has the potential to fit that title.

Priced at under $40, this little gem has it all. The i-Chybrid combines looks, functionality, and ease of use into a compact, light weight, and sturdy package.

Under the Hood

post-18408-137807295588_thumb.jpg

The i-Chybrid is made of aircraft aluminum construction with solid brass contacts. The unit is outfitted with an attached I-ATTY, which features a Pyrex tank.

post-18408-137807332651_thumb.jpg

Unlike the Z-atty, which this unit is designed from, the I-ATTY is super simple to set up. The lip around the edge of the top deck can be a bit of a pain to work around, but once it has been acclimated to, the end user should have little trouble working around it.

My only complaint here is the air hole placement. Stock, the air hole is dangerously close to the top of the atomizer cover. At 1.2mm, the draw might be a bit loose for some people. For me though, I usually just cut to the chase and drill out my Gennys to 1/16th inch, which puts the bottom of the air hole just below the atomizer cover, and is subject to condensation buildup underneath.

post-18408-13780745546_thumb.jpg

Tinkerers take note: Later on, I'm going to try sanding the bottom of the cover to get the placement back to where it should be. If this works how I want, I will be updating this thread.

Battery Chamber and Switch

The chamber holds a single 18350 battery, and does not have any extension tubes available. Though the i-Chybrid is well built, it is still anodized aluminum. Therefore, it is prone to scratches in the finish, and will dent if not properly stored.

The button design is a bit annoying to work around. But, the switch has a good throw, and does not require a locking ring. So, the unit can be set down without firing.

post-18408-137807545581_thumb.jpg

Performance

The i-Chybrid, being constructed of aluminum is already highly conductive. Add in the brass contacts, and you have a recipe for a great vape with little voltage drop.

post-18408-1378076042_thumb.jpg

Using a fresh AW 18350 IMR at 4.19 volts, the i-Chybrid experiences a mere 0.38 volt drop under a 0.8 ohm load. That number compares with just about any of the high-end devices currently being sought after.

Final Thoughts

The i-Chybrid is simply a great device. I carried it around unprotected in my pocket all day yesterday. At work, in the car, around the house, and around my neighborhood. No sign of leaking, misfires, scratches, or dents.

For under $40, you will not find a better deal anywhere. The unit comes with a bag of spare parts, a small screwdriver, a spare pre-rolled wick, and a length of coil wire. The atty also comes with a pre-installed wick and coil.

Get yours while they last at:

www.101vape.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. So, here's a quick update on the i-Chybrid. Apparently, the tank is NOT glass / pyrex....or if it is, then it is of crap quality, and finding a replacement tank should be of the highest order upon ordering one of these devices. This is because my tank cracked halfway through my third tank of tiramisu from OMG e-liquid. The tank protector was on the whole time, and the unit was properly stored while lugging it around. Needless to say that I am quite unhappy. Not only did that render my new mod useless after only having it for less than a week, but the e-liquid that was wasted was fairly expensive and quite tasty, I might add! I will be sending 101vape an email regarding this matter, as well as trying to find a replacement tank, and will update this thread once those issues have been resolved.

Edited by CascadianExotics

Well... I certainly hope you find a solution to your issues with the device. It almost sounds too good to be true for a second... the under $40.00 was the part that shocked me the most! Could it possibly end up being one of those deals where you 'get what you pay for' type of thing? I hope not for your sake...

Nice write up.

But:

The i-Chybrid, being constructed of aluminum is already highly conductive. Add in the brass contacts, and you have a recipe for a great vape with little voltage drop.

As with most things the total resistance of a PV is the resistance of its weakest point.

​There seems to be this unwarranted love of brass contacts. Copper is the standard by which electrical materials are rated (IACS is the abbreviation for International Annealed Copper Standard) and conductivity ratings are expressed as a relative measurement to copper. With copper as 100 aluminum is listed as 61% as conductive (61 IACS). How about brass? It comes in a rather poor 28% (28 IACS). Definitely the weak link.

Sounds like all aluminum would be the way to go.

Food for thought.

It sounds interesting but personally I'd be very hesitant to call it a game changer. No detailed specs are offered on the site the op linked to. I have no idea what it is or is not capable of or compatible with. The price listed is now $47 and change.

As far as conductivity goes, a 0.38 volt drop under a sub-ohm load is still nothing to sneeze at. Not necessarily an unwarranted love of brass, but rather having my butt kicked by a really great vape!!!

Why I call rhe Chybrid a game-changer is because it's a good mod, and a great hybrid at a stellar price point. The quality may have a couple quirks. But this early in the game, this device will force other manufacturers to produce a quality product at the sub $50 price point. Kind of like the Sigelei mechanical mods. They are cheap, well-built, and getting better all the time.

101vape also has coupon codes that substantially lower the price.

well i think it is irwink. Not necessarily by itself but seriously look at the market. All of the high end mods (minus a select few) are either cloned or being cloned. We are able to obtain these mods that realistically should work just as well as the regular one without all the ******** of buying it for $200+. I realize the market is driving these mods but really? why is it that someone can mass produce these and sell them for $20 a pop and sell tons of them.. but the "real deal" is only releasing 50 at a time? Other then a poldiac and an empire i REFUSE to pay that kind of money for a mod. I bought 2 nemesis clones... and if i have them for 3 weeks... or 3 days... and they break... im out 40 bucks... if i have a real nemesis and it breaks... im out 185+ depending on what model i buy.... i could buy 10 of these clones at the same price for 2 real ones... im not interested.

All im saying is with the clones... the options are becoming available for everyone even on a limited budget. THAT my friend, is a game changer.

well i think it is irwink. Not necessarily by itself but seriously look at the market. All of the high end mods (minus a select few) are either cloned or being cloned. We are able to obtain these mods that realistically should work just as well as the regular one without all the ******** of buying it for $200+. I realize the market is driving these mods but really? why is it that someone can mass produce these and sell them for $20 a pop and sell tons of them.. but the "real deal" is only releasing 50 at a time? Other then a poldiac and an empire i REFUSE to pay that kind of money for a mod. I bought 2 nemesis clones... and if i have them for 3 weeks... or 3 days... and they break... im out 40 bucks... if i have a real nemesis and it breaks... im out 185+ depending on what model i buy.... i could buy 10 of these clones at the same price for 2 real ones... im not interested.

All im saying is with the clones... the options are becoming available for everyone even on a limited budget. THAT my friend, is a game changer.

Well then I guess we'll see how it plays out, won't we?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Finally found replacement glass tubes for the I-ATTY at Venerable Vaping. So, I ordered a couple, along with an I-ATTY just in case they didn't fit the Chybrid.

And, they fit!!! So, my fave el-cheapo mod especial will be back in action after a thorough clean following its long period of inaction. Pics to come!!!

I've seen a lot of devices called game-changers over time. I've read other owner reports about this device in other forums. Not close to a game-changer imo. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
So are you saying cheap clones can't be game changers because they are rip offs of the original? It's just a name just like tommy Hilfiger or banana republic... In fact the 200 dollar ea mod got side swiped by a clone with similar building specs but spectacular battery discharge. Now what I don't like about clones is when they do the same laser signatures like the trident clone.. I think some renaming would give the original owners the credit they deserve.. I think all mech mods should be open sourced and not some "members only club", that has the biggest wallet.. The key solution is getting more smokers off analogs and if vaping is a avenue they wish to try, I think if we up the price tag , they may just stick to analogs.. Edited by thvapor

So are you saying cheap clones can't be game changers because they are rip offs of the original? It's just a name just like tommy Hilfiger or banana republic... In fact the 200 dollar ea mod got side swiped by a clone with similar building specs but spectacular battery discharge. Now what I don't like about clones is when they do the same laser signatures like the trident clone.. I think some renaming would give the original owners the credit they deserve.. I think all mech mods should be open sourced and not some "members only club", that has the biggest wallet.. The key solution is getting more smokers off analogs and if vaping is a avenue they wish to try, I think if we up the price tag , they may just stick to analogs..

Tell me where I stated that. I don't care if it's a clone or a totally new device.

IBTanked sells custom cut tubes, but only in 3 packs. http://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-tubes/15mm-20mm Very good vendor BTW.
That was the first place I checked. The I-ATTY tank is an unusual size and thickness, and none of their custom-cut stock fits the criteria. Speaking of tank thickness: I GIVE UP!!! This tank made it 24 hours before cracking. Either something with the unit is over-stressing the glass, or I'm doing something wrong with putting it together. So, I have one more spare tank and will try again. If this one breaks, I will no longer be able to recommend this product or the standalone I-ATTY. For $40 more than what I have already spent on the Chybrid and I-ATTY standalone, I could have had a Richman Hybrid. Or an iHybrid Pure for $20 more. Steve = not Happy!!!! :angry: Edited by CascadianExotics

• 2 weeks later...

Got one more thing to try, then I'm done!!! In fact, no one should have to buy extra things just to make a brand-new device work properly. Hopefully,the RSST o-rings will work to hold the tank tight, but not stress the glass. Furthermore, not be a complete hassle to slide the glass tank over... As for the Rainbow Elite: I am getting pretty put out with cheap Chinese crap. Don't get me wrong, because I love my Sigelei mechs, and my el-cheapo RDA's. Even my RSST still performs well. But, after this experience, I think my next hybrid / genny purchase will be in the above $100 range. Not meaning to be an "elitist" statement, per se. Rather, I'd prefer to have a quality-made device.

Edited by CascadianExotics

• 3 months later...

i agree 100 % not only saving money but opening the world of "high end vaping" to everyone. Without clones anyone without deep pockets would be stuck with an ego battery and evod tank. You know if the original designers would produce more of there products and stop being so money hungry they would be able to compete. There would be no need for clones. But that's my opinion, who am I to tell them how to make their money.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines