Tw 801 Attys And The Vp1

Maybe somebody can help me.

Been vaping for about 3 weeks, and I bought a VP1 from Vaprlife and a 5 pack of 801 attys from Totally Wicked during the 30% off sale.

In an average day I go through 2 VP1 batteries 2 801 manual batteries and 5ml of liquid. It seems like a lot, and I don't vape continuously all day, only 10- 20 puffs every half hour. (I used to smoke a pack a day)

In the VP1 a fully charged battery will give me 5 - 10 good slow drags, then the vapor production drops off and the battery in the VP1 is dead within about 2 hours. I have a pair of manual 801 batteries and they give good vapor for an hour and then it drops off till they die at the 2 hour mark. If I drip, 2-3 drops will give 3 puffs before it tastes burnt. If I use more than that the atty starts to gurgle and it leaks.

Is it the attys? I have been through 4 of the 5 pack. I ordered some low bridge attys from awesome vapor to see if it helps.

That's super unusual. Not only should the VP1 not be dying that quickly but you should get way more that 2-3 hits of a couple drops of juice. You might have two defective products; but, I'd say for sure you got a bad batch of attys. I've heard a bunch of horror stories about attys from there. Sorry for the trouble you're having!

The batteries on the VP1 should last about 4 hours, even with pretty constant vaping. I would speak with Jeso about this matter and see what he thinks.

Jeso sent 2 protected and 1 unprotected battery. I am testing all 3. It's starting to look like the protected batteries are not fully charging. They only stay on the charger 20 - 30 minutes before the light turns green. The unprotected takes about an hour to charge.

The TW attys, are they low or high bridge?

Do you have your VP1 unit in your pocket while not vaping and perhaps not noticing that the button is being pressed continuously while sitting or standing in a certain position?

I had my e-cig in my pocket while helping a friend move and didn't realize every time I was bending down to pick up a box my e-cig button was being pressed and slowly killing the atty and using the charge in the battery... I didn't realize it until it felt like my leg was on fire... I burned up the atty, and singed some leg hair :P

Edited by elem187

After testing the 3 batteries I got, I found:

The unprotected battery lasts about half a day for me. I was not using it because I wanted to charge it when I had time to watch it carefully. The protected batteries are a mixed bag, one lasts longer than the other, and both do not charge fully. I assume the protection circuit is defective and is stopping the charge early.

I'm going to buy some unprotected Ultra Fire 10440's and test with those.

I got my new attys from Arno, and they work much better that the ones I got from TW. I will report later about the amount of juice I am using with them.

You could be flooding the atomizer, which would result in crappy vapor I generally blow my attys out ever 10 drips or so just unscrew place on paper towl and blow through the mouth-piece end until liquid stops coming out re-drip and your good to go you would be surprised at how much liquid ends up in there these things are like black holes sometimes, give it a try.

• 2 months later...

Got my VP1 about 3 weeks ago, batteries (protected) take about 2-3 hours to charge. I have not gone through 2 batteries in 1 day. Heavy day of vaping one will last about 6 hours. Light day - all day. I do tend to add a few drops of juice per session. no where near 5ml a day though.

Hey Pendarus - It could be the batteries and probably is as I have had some similar things happen with a battery here or there, although I think it might be the batteries and you may have gotten juice in the holes on the VP1 either that or flooded things in which case you just need to blow out the holes in the VP1 with compressed air and clean the both contacts on the atomizer and on the unit. The juice that we use is very very non-conducive and can cause issues like that. Hope that helps some. :)