How long does your vape gear last

How long does your vape gear such as batteries, MODS, atomizers, clearomizers, tanks, replacement parts like coils and wicks, etc. last? I have not been vaping long enough to have any input except I change out my Viva Nova replacement wick/coil about every 3 weeks. I don't know if it really has to be changed at that time but the juice starts not tasting so good, kind of burnt taste. So I figure that is a good time to take her apart, clean her up real good and put a new wick/coil on. Then fill her up with some fresh juice and I am in vaping Heaven.

My batteries last a few days each. Ce4 clearomizers a few weeks but I clean mine in a vodka bath that gets rid of any flavor left behind from juice. Anytime I changer flavors I let it soak in vodka over night then dry for a few hours and fill then vape. Clean your battery contact with alcohol and q tips periodically. I have some wicks that are over a month old that did not vape well until the vodka bath now they work better than new. Keep your juices in a cool dry, dark place and always shake before you fill. Ultimately I believe it depends on a per person situation on how long your gear lasts. hope that helps and welcome to vt.

Edited by Love2VapeDaily

Thank you Lovetovapedaily. You said your batteries last a couple of days, then I assume you charge them. But what kind do you use and what is their whole life time before you have to throw them away?

A typical Lithium Ion E-Cig battery will last about 300 charges. Alternating batteries like I have with a 30-36 hour battery life I estimate they will last about 1.5-2 years. I alternate through 4 batteries so I expect them to last around 2.5-3 years as a group of 4. All are just estimates. Some may die before others as I do not have any specific rotation or anything like that. If you have 1 battery that you charge every day the life expectancy should be around 300 days.

With coils the answer is "it depends". With my flavors I vape at higher voltage the coils last about 2-3 weeks. I have a couple coils that have been in 6 weeks but its hard to tell since I change flavors so much. The coil in my Spearmint tank, a 1.8ohm is the same one as when I got that liquid and that was about 5 weeks ago.

• 3 months later...