How Do You "prime" A New Atty, And Why?

fatalis

Hi guys!

I've been hearing so much about how you have to prime an atty to "break" it in when it's new and I have absolutely NO idea how to do this? Can someone please educate me on how to do this and is it only with certain models or all of them? Also, what happens if you don't? Thanks! :huh:

Priming a atomizer just means getting some juice on it before you vape on it, basically atomizers are not going to work like they will after you have used it for a while. The 'priming' time varies from model to model.

If you don't have juice on a atomizer before you vape on it you run a risk of burning it out.

You will essentially 'prime' a atomizer through regular usage :) .

i think your confusing to terms fatalis. Let me explain each one

1. Prime: The act of puffing on an ecig a few times before taking a drag/hit. This is done to get the atomizer warm. Only ever done on an automatic battery. (You wouldn't prime a manual battery because you can just hold the button down for a second before taking a drag)

2. Break in: The act of using the atomizer for a little while. After being used for say 8 hours, your penstyle atomizer should be broken in, working at it's full potential.

I have also heard it used in reference to placing a couple drops on a new or newly cleaned atty to 'prime' the heating element. Applying a couple drops to a new atty helps with some of the new atty taste.

I have also heard it used in reference to placing a couple drops on a new or newly cleaned atty to 'prime' the heating element. Applying a couple drops to a new atty helps with some of the new atty taste.

I've heard this as well. Vaping a dry atomizer will damage it.