Hi I am a fairly new to Vaping but I need some help...

I have an ego-t e cig. I have no clue about most of the differences between tanks, cartermizers, juices and what not. I have only used stardust tanks, and one time a vision tank that you can change out the wic. My problem is I have been using mine for 2 months now i quit real cigs about a month ago. But recently i have been having awful chest pains. I know it is in my lungs. I have had many different chest pains so I know this is not indegestion, gall bladder or heart pain. I saw on another thread someone mention using 100% vg juice? Why would the type of juice matter? Also what is the difference ? And last question will that juice work for my ego-t??

Thank you so much to all who reply!

Welcome to the forum!

The juice makes a difference for a couple of reasons, one, some people find they are sensitive to PG based liquid (which is usually the standard base mix) it usually gives quite a harsh throat hit as that was at one point the largest request from smokers. Thus, it gives that "kick." Over time though some have found they don't like the feeling or that it gives them the feeling their chest is tight. Thus enters VG e liquid. VG is a different base and tends to be smoother and much less harsh.

Something to keep in mind is that nicotine itself, if taken in large quantities can give you nasty heartburn, worse than you may have felt in the past. (Nicotine in high doses has been shown to cause GERD in certain individuals) In some people nicotine can weaken the lower esophageal sphincter (the muscle that controls the opening between the esophagus and stomach) and prevents the acid-containing contents of the stomach from entering the esophagus.

I would suggest picking up some VG e liquid (The Vapor Talk store just started carrying VG liquid as an option) and also, try stepping down the strength. If you're on 24mg, perhaps think about moving down to 16mg. If the thought of stepping down makes you worry you might relapse then instead try to take some breaks in between heavy vaping. This will help ensure you're not ingesting nicotine too quickly. (Remember while the delivery is the same lung method, vaping itself is a bit different than smoking) :)

EDIT: And yes, VG liquid will work in your eGo T. Though, 100% VG may cause it to clog. Vapor Talk VG e liquid is 70/30

Thank you for replying. I have dropped down on my nicotine level and it was hard. I smoked a pack a day previously and am now on 18mg.

Something to keep in mind is that nicotine itself, if taken in large quantities can give you nasty heartburn, worse than you may have felt in the past. (Nicotine in high doses has been shown to cause GERD in certain individuals) In some people nicotine can weaken the lower esophageal sphincter (the muscle that controls the opening between the esophagus and stomach) and prevents the acid-containing contents of the stomach from entering the esophagus.

In reply to this, i appreciate this info for the sack of knowing something new! :yes

BUT I am positive this isn't them problem. Not to get to personal but between to pregnancies and having to have my gallbladder removed I have a clear knowledge of this type of pain! Which coincidently would be very similar to what pregnant women experience due to hormones softening that sphincter and adding to the heartburn fun!

I am ordering some pure vg juice tonight hopefully that will help. I have no clue what the concentration is that i have been using but it is really thin so i am guessing it has more pg. I am hoping this solves my chest pain problem! As well just for clarification i did have test run and all was clear including an ultrasound. So thats what brought me back to looking at the ecig.

Again thank you for replying it was very helpful!

What Chris said. :)

Also, if you get 100% VG juice and it's too thick you can add a drop or three of distilled water into the juice to thin it out a bit. 100% VG tends to be pretty thick and can cause the wicks not to absorb the juice well, which could end up giving you a burned taste when vaping. Only use a drop at a time, it's easier to add more than to get the juice too thin.

Welcome to VT. :D

Thank you for replying. I have dropped down on my nicotine level and it was hard. I smoked a pack a day previously and am now on 18mg.

In reply to this, i appreciate this info for the sack of knowing something new! :yes

BUT I am positive this isn't them problem. Not to get to personal but between to pregnancies and having to have my gallbladder removed I have a clear knowledge of this type of pain! Which coincidently would be very similar to what pregnant women experience due to hormones softening that sphincter and adding to the heartburn fun!

I am ordering some pure vg juice tonight hopefully that will help. I have no clue what the concentration is that i have been using but it is really thin so i am guessing it has more pg. I am hoping this solves my chest pain problem! As well just for clarification i did have test run and all was clear including an ultrasound. So thats what brought me back to looking at the ecig.

Again thank you for replying it was very helpful!

You're very welcome! In that case I would definitely give VG a go and see how that works for you, you may just be sensitive to PG. :)