Side effects

My husband and I have switched from nasty cigarettes to the eGo electronic Cigarette. We have been using the e-cig for 2 months now. I have had no problems with it. And as far as I know my husband doesn't either. However, today he was rushed to the ER having a severe panic attack. This is the first time he has had this problem. And we are unsure of the cause. He was wondering if it may be a side effect of switching to the e-cig. I don't think it is, but I figured I would ask to make sure. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have suffered from panic attacks for years. In my experience they have become less since I have quit smoking. I have not read anything about panic attacks being a side effect of vaping so far. They are not fun for sure but can be controlled. I wish your husband well, the first one is the scariest.................

• 2 weeks later...

I have an anxiety disorder that surfaced about 6 months ago for no apparent reason. Had been prescribed Xanax then Klonopin then back to Xanax. Was taking 3-4 a day just to get through work. Tried everything. Started a vitamin regimen, started eating healthier, cut aspartame out of my diet, meditating etc... but was still having attacks daily.

Today marks my 2 week mark of dropping the analogs and haven't had an attack in over a week and haven't taken more than one Xanax any day since, the last few days I have taken none. For me I think dropping the analogs have helped in this regard.

Edited by bcartervol98

I have an anxiety disorder that surfaced about 6 months ago for no apparent reason. Had been prescribed Xanax then Klonopin then back to Xanax. Was taking 3-4 a day just to get through work. Tried everything. Started a vitamin regimen, started eating healthier, cut aspartame out of my diet, meditating etc... but was still having attacks daily.

Today marks my 2 week mark of dropping the analogs and haven't had an attack in over a week and haven't taken more than one Xanax any day since, the last few days I have taken none. For me I think dropping the analogs have helped in this regard.

I had quit analogs nearly four years ago when stress got me started vaping at the beginning of this year. I was on Xanax and other anxiety drugs too. I've gotten off the pills, so vaping does seem to help.

• 2 weeks later...

In my humble opinion, I don't think the attack is related to ecigs. I had a few issues on my vaping journey...like not getting out of bed, watching tv continuously & eating more than usual, but after 6-8mo the depression subsided. I checked out all possible health related issues & have not come across panic attacks. Has he suffered panic attacks before vaping or is this new?? If this isn't something new, then I would say it's safe to assume there's absolutely no correlation between vaping & panic attacks. Also, may want to check to make sure the milligrams are around 24mg. Again, in my opinion, anything higher than that, could be dangerous.

Edited by jen_haynes