2 Burned Out Dragon Atty's From Truesmoker

I think I've mentioned I bought my mother 2 Dragon/401 kits from Truesmoker. Well, last week all of a sudden the light on the battery wouldn't go out and it heated up the atty terribly. To the point it was glowing "red" Then finally it went out, but of course its totally ruied. Well yesterday the SAME THING happend again with the other one. Since she I bought her 2 kits, she still has one however but this is very odd with it happening on two of them. This can't be an isolated incidence. I think I'll post this also on the other chat forum and see what people say.

I contacted TRUE SMOKER about this and said I wanted to return the kit with the 2 burned out atty's and batts for a REFUND. Well they emailed back saying they would exchange the parts. I don't want an exchange because I've still got another kit from them. Its been UNDER 30 days also. What do you all think I should do? I've also gotten pretty dissapointed with the dragon this past week anyway. It's not working nearly as well as it used to. (I know this because my mother was complaining to me that it wasn't drawing very good, so I tested it for her) But then this overheating mess happens with two of them, that's really odd. I suppose I could dispute the charge with my credit card company, but I would rather this be worked out with the supplier and they simply refund my money, afterall I'm not returning both kits, just the one with the 2 burned out attys and ruined batt.s So, please give me all your opinions on the matter.

Well one of the issues the M401 (which is what the dragon is) has always had was the sensor on the batteries. They work a little different than other batteries do. (That's why sound will often set them off) It's a different sensor inside. I personally would have removed the atomizer once I noticed the light wouldn't turn off. It's why I don't really use them to be honest. I've been waiting for some manual batteries to come in from True Smoker for review but have yet to see them.

Either way each suppliers has their own return policy. Most suppliers offer 14 days on parts and usually do not offer refunds.

You know what I'd do? I'd ask JD if you can get some manual batteries in the new kit instead. Those should work MUCH better than the auto batts. I doubt you would run into this issue again with manual batteries.

Actually, this happend to me with my M401 manual battery. I think I might of dripped to much and the juice got into the battery. The light wouldn't turn off, so I took the atty out but the light continued on so I broke it after a minute. I've burned a couple M401 attys out, but I think it was from misuse.

Edited by NeRo9k

The dragons/401's I have came with manual batteries. Maybe I wasn't clear about how they burned out. My mother had been vaping, and had sat it down on a table, then she noticed it was smoking, she called me over to see it andI picked it up and the light was on and the atty had turned fire red. There was no noise or anything. Then yesterday, same thing, there wasn't enough warning where you could screw off the atty because it was too hot to touch. Bottom line is i just think they are a piece of junk. I checked and truesmoker says nothing I can find on their website about returns. BUT generally speaking, if you buy something from a store and it breaks, usually you can get a refund or exchange within 30 days. Most everyone offers a 30 day warranty if not much more. Since its been only like 3 weeks, I want a refund. We still have another entire kit, so its not like they didn't make any moeny off me.

Oh wow on the Manual really? That sucks. :( Not sure what to say in that case, sounds like the battery is defiantly defective. Well I hope you work everything out with JD. Again most ecig suppliers will only offer a 14 warranty (with the exception of Janty) To be honest I'm not sure what JD's warranty is. Keep us updated on how everything goes!

I've ordered a few things from truesmoker. One item I ordered was the dragon passthrough and it was defective when I got it. I emailed JD right away and he was really quick replying back. He offered to send me a new one, I just had to send the defective one back. I decided I didn't want the passthrough anymore, so I asked if I could just exchange it for some juice and he was ok with that.

So I guess if he won't give you a refund, you could possibly just ask for replacement parts that equal out to how much the kit is. Extra batteries, atomizers, juice, passthrough? Just throwing out another option for you. Hope everything works out.