Truck Driver with Questions :)

SnowHawke

Hi all, I was *very* glad to come across this forums. You have already answered many of my questions. But of course, I have more.

My husband and I are over the road truck drivers, We see "home" (really the truck is home) about twice a year. This makes running down to my local store impossible. We started out with the ecigs you can get at truck stops. However, this became expensive very quickly. We then moved to vapor x. We came across the gourmet vapor web site and started ordering juice there, and refilling the ecigs. Then we tried the vapor x tanks. WoW! the taste was fantastic. However, they charge $25 a pop for their tanks. And from what we could tell, there was no cleaning them. The tanks only lasted about 7 days. That was a bit more then I wanted to spend.

We now have the eGo-T batteries but have an old tank system we got with them. It's plastic and not like anything I can find on any website. So maybe something that is no longer made?? The "tank" has the top as park of it and you slip it inside and onto the rest of it. Honestly, that is the best way I can explain it. The problem is, it's like sucking air. Or you get a faint plastic taste and nothing else. Lots of vapor though. Not what I want, I want the throat hit, and the taste.

So, I have been looking at the CE4's. From what I can tell, it should fit our batteries, and I am hoping that it will give it hit and taste. Can anyone tell me if I am right on this?

Also, I keep seeing the term "Dry Burn" used in here. Did you dry burn it,,,,or,,,,You need to dry burn it. What does this mean please?

Any info/advice will be most welcome :)

A Vivi Nova tank or a CE4 style clearomizer should treat you pretty well. It will work with your existing ego batteries.

A dry burn is just any time you fire a attomizer with no eliquid in it. This generally a VERY BAD idea as if the wicking material burns it will taste terrible and there's really no way to get rid of that taste.

Usually, the only time people suggest you dry burn is if you're cleaning out your clearomizer with water, dry burning can evaporate the water as sorta of faster dry method. I just squeeze a paper towel over the wick and let any leftover water work it's way out as i vape it.

The Viva Nova Tank is excellent, as are the CE4s, and I use both. I have also added the Kanger ProTanks to my mix, as they are Pyrex...as you probably read the flavored juices may crack your plastic based tanks (finally happened to me this week!).

I had not realized it was the flavored juice that caused them to crack. I have just ordered 12 of the CE4s, and if we have problems with those, we will look at the Kangers. Thank you.

btw, I love the scuba pic :)

Usually it's the juices with high cinnamon and/or high citrus that will crack a tank. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't so your mileage may vary.

As Dan said above about the dry burning, just recently I've started dry burning my atomizers before using to get rid of the stuff they put into it to keep the bridge wet. Other than that, with clearomizers, I never dry burn. It's all too easy to burn the wick and you don't want to go there. The taste is nasty! :)

Hi and welcome to VaporTalk!

Here is a map of vendors across the US that might come in handy during your travels. Some are B&M (brick and mortar stores) while others are online stores only. I hope it helps. Good luck!

edited to include link :facepalm:

Edited by Uma

Hi all, I was *very* glad to come across this forums. You have already answered many of my questions. But of course, I have more.

My husband and I are over the road truck drivers, We see "home" (really the truck is home) about twice a year. This makes running down to my local store impossible. We started out with the ecigs you can get at truck stops. However, this became expensive very quickly. We then moved to vapor x. We came across the gourmet vapor web site and started ordering juice there, and refilling the ecigs. Then we tried the vapor x tanks. WoW! the taste was fantastic. However, they charge $25 a pop for their tanks. And from what we could tell, there was no cleaning them. The tanks only lasted about 7 days. That was a bit more then I wanted to spend.

We now have the eGo-T batteries but have an old tank system we got with them. It's plastic and not like anything I can find on any website. So maybe something that is no longer made?? The "tank" has the top as park of it and you slip it inside and onto the rest of it. Honestly, that is the best way I can explain it. The problem is, it's like sucking air. Or you get a faint plastic taste and nothing else. Lots of vapor though. Not what I want, I want the throat hit, and the taste.

So, I have been looking at the CE4's. From what I can tell, it should fit our batteries, and I am hoping that it will give it hit and taste. Can anyone tell me if I am right on this?

Also, I keep seeing the term "Dry Burn" used in here. Did you dry burn it,,,,or,,,,You need to dry burn it. What does this mean please?

Any info/advice will be most welcome :)

no on the ce4 go with the ce5 they are rebuildable or a nova get a passthrough battery or an evic charge while you use and diet coke and flamable liquor for cleaning