Blu - Seriously?

I've been happily vaping my eGo C for a year now - with lovely juices from Pink Spot. (Current faves are Banana Nut Bread and Cinnamon, they blend nic 0 and 12 for me to get a 6.) I have a charger at home and at the office, a spare battery so I always have two assembled ecigs = two flavors ready to vape with the extra batt in the charger, and a nice little hard-side carrying case to hold all the hardware and two or three to-go juice bottles. Life is good.

Today a friend gave me a Blu Premium starter kit. (Somebody had given it to him, and he's never been a smoker.) What a bunch of marketing hogwash! Does anybody in this universe actually want to sync their ecig to their Facebook? Or have their pack start flashing and jiggling when another Blu is within shouting distance? I can't believe anybody would be dumb enough to buy based on these "revolutionary features."

And am I reading the directions correctly -- Can you not store an opened cart other than assembled to a battery, continually switching off the batteries? So you can only vape one flavor at a time until the cart is empty? The pack only has one slot long enough to hold an assembled ecig. So even if you wanted to buy an extra unit, you'd have to buy & carry a second pack to go with it! Bummer.

Oh, the flavors that came with --

Peach Schnapps - the box is clearly marked "no nicotine" - haven't tried it yet, have to finish the cherry first...

Cherry Crush - the box has NO indication of nic or no nic, but nic isn't on the ingredients list so I'm assuming it's no nic - mild, not bad.

But why would anybody pay the higher price for these carts, when you can buy jugs of juice and a handful of empty tanks & silicone caps for a fraction of the cost? And Blu's flavor choices are so severely limited.

All in all ----- MEH!

And another thing... It would be nice if the directions said "THIS hole is for charging the batt, THIS is how you insert the batt into the hole, and THIS is the hole to store the assembled ecig." Instead, you have to hold the pack up to a light and peer inside, or just keep poking pieces in holes until something happens..... (Yeah, I know how that sounded.)

They are not our first choice ,but those kind get people started vaping and then they reach out to us and we skool them.Those features sound as silly to me as some of the features on the top sellers on the forums.Different strokes I suppose.Its all good.

"Does anybody in this universe actually want to sync their ecig to their Facebook? Or have their pack start flashing and jiggling when another Blu is within shouting distance?"

Talk about marketing to kids and/or teenagers!!

While they are owned by a Big Tobacco company, and their product has its faults, Blu gets props from me for a number of reasons. They have a public presence that Joye, SmokTech, Boge, and Vision do not. Hell, all those television commercials prompted my girlfriend to nag me about my smoking to the point I was ready to track down Stephen Dorff, and punch him in his ruggedly-handsome face, LOL!!! Blu is where a lot of new Vapers started their research. Though, not everyone is an internet dork like ourselves, and will not think of turning to forums for support in theory decision to quit smoking. Those vibrating packs synchronized to social media could be useful for new users to get in touch with other potentially new or experienced Vapers. Thereby, giving these Blu users a sense of community, and a network of people to turn to for help and support in quitting smoking. Kind of like a VaporTalk offline....

On a plus note, the Blu cartridges, while expensive in comparison to buying juices and refilling, their Vanilla is one of the best-tasting I have used. I got started with Blu, and I got the premium kit because of the charge indicator - nothing to do with the social aspect. Being able to see how much charge was both in the pack and when the battery was done, was awesome. And there is something to be said for the convenience of having 5 carts and 2 batteries always charged.

I have moved to Joyetech eGo and clearomizers, but I do still get some Blu vanilla for emergencies. Just in case i have run out of juice while out and about.

I also started with blu, only disposables though and when I decided that an e-cig would be enough to make me quit smoking I bought an Inferno starter kit from Volcano. I'm seriously considering going to the Johnson Creek website and asking them which flavor blu uses for their classic tobacco carts, I really liked them and would love to fill a tank or two with it :yes

I also started with blu, only disposables though and when I decided that an e-cig would be enough to make me quit smoking I bought an Inferno starter kit from Volcano. I'm seriously considering going to the Johnson Creek website and asking them which flavor blu uses for their classic tobacco carts, I really liked them and would love to fill a tank or two with it :yes

I'm pretty sure it's Johnson Creeks "Domestic" tobacco juice. I got all three of their VG tobacco juices (domestic, Tennessee Cured, and Silverthorn) and domestic is pretty close. I think the JC has a bit more flavor.