Homemade Ejuice Tastes Like Crap.

Depending on the flavor(s) used, I know a lot of juices have sweeteners or sour flavor added to them along with the rest. I also know that a lot of nicotine makes a bad taste too.

I used the following ingredients

50% VG

50% propylene glycol with rose sent in it. (That's what I could find at walmart).

Watkins brand rum flavoring.

corn syrup for sweetener

What am I doing wrong?? :yes

I would say your biggest mistake was buying supplies from Walmart. Rose scented oil can't taste good. There are tons of DIY suppliers out there. Hopefully someone will suggest a few for you here.

I totally agree. Your mixture might smell good, but doesn't taste good. Try picking up some sweetener online as well instead of corn syrup.

:ninja:

Edited by ninjabatgirl

Ok first off not all PG and VG is created equal it took us months of trying all different types until we found the ones that actually taste right and have no additional additives. Some of the VG brands out there can be sourced from the Jatropha Plant which can be seriously dangerous see the link below

http://www.fda.gov/InternationalPrograms/InternationalCommunications/ucm311479.htm

You should only use a specific PG from Dow company as it dosent contain Diethlyene Glycol

You should only use a specific VG from Procter and Gamble as these are sourced from palm plants only and will not cause peanut allergies.

You use Sucralose as the sweetener because its not effected by the heat of vaping and dosent change into something else when heated. It exits the body the same way it goes in and will not effect your blood sugar. No one know if any of this stuff is safe to vape but this is a common sweetener that nearly everyone uses and has used for a long time

See the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucralose

You should only use water souluble flavors from reputable flavor companies who are aware that people are using these flavors for vaping and have made sure to remove diacetyl and related diketone and / or are indicating which ones have which so you can avoid them. Also they should be freely willing to answer your questions and have nothing to hide

Read this article it explains all about it: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/flavorsworkshop/custard.html

Read the safety section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacetyl

You should never exceed 25% flavor concentrations (preferably 5%-10%) and its recommended not to exceed 24mg of nicotine in any of your mixes.

Never vape anything oil based it will collect in your lung tissue and cause damage.

If any of your mixes make you cough or gag or cause severe sore throat you should toss it out and not use it. Stay away from that flavor as you may have an allergic reation to it.

Hope this all help you and others

Your Welcome,

Of course thats just information we have acquired over the years from reading and researching this on forums and online. There are different schools of thought so you will find some variations on the above and quite a bit more information as you read through different things. There is a lot of uncharted territory when it comes to DIY what is good to use and not.

There are some good sites for recipes one is called the Vape Book here: http://www.thevapebook.com/

It's actually quite fun to start making some of your own flavors and cost effective. There are a number of good shops online selling the right stuff and everything you need to successfully do this.

Good Luck

The first thing I'm going to do, is I'm going to buy the base pre made and add my flavorings according the recipe book stated above. :yes

Yeah, there are easier ways to DIY. One method I would use is to purchase unflavored PG in double the strength of what I would be vaping and when I mix I would know that I would use 50% of that in the final mix. That leaves me room for flavor and VG. ----Flavoring makes up anywhere from 5% to 25% (depending on the flavor or combinations of) and the rest can be VG.

There are many other ways to DIY and other places to purchase supplies also. The VG at Walmart is good. It is sold as skin protectent, it is 99.5% pure and USB and is clearly marked as Glycerin. You can also use a food grade glycerin that you might find sold locally. Both pharmaceutical and food grade Glycerin work equally as well and there it is debatable which one is better suited for vaping. Walmart or other stores in your area might sell Cappella"s and/or Lorann food flavoring which many flavors are great for vaping. Let us know when you make a winner. I just made a good one and it's simple:

50% unflavored 24mg pg

20% Capella Banana Nut Bread

30% VG

This is 12mg and 70/30 pg/vg.

Yeah, there are easier ways to DIY. One method I would use is to purchase unflavored PG in double the strength of what I would be vaping and when I mix I would know that I would use 50% of that in the final mix. That leaves me room for flavor and VG. ----Flavoring makes up anywhere from 5% to 25% (depending on the flavor or combinations of) and the rest can be VG.

There are many other ways to DIY and other places to purchase supplies also. The VG at Walmart is good. It is sold as skin protectent, it is 99.5% pure and USB and is clearly marked as Glycerin. You can also use a food grade glycerin that you might find sold locally. Both pharmaceutical and food grade Glycerin work equally as well and there it is debatable which one is better suited for vaping. Walmart or other stores in your area might sell Cappella"s and/or Lorann food flavoring which many flavors are great for vaping. Let us know when you make a winner. I just made a good one and it's simple:

50% unflavored 24mg pg

20% Capella Banana Nut Bread

30% VG

This is 12mg and 70/30 pg/vg. I am going to call my first creation. "Clkman's Urinal Cake Cherry". what do you guys/gals think?

They have soft caps that you can use in place of the hard caps that come with the ego t cartridges. You simply buy a pack of these then use a small screw driver and pop out the original hard cap and replace it with the small soft caps. These seal much better and should cut down on the leaking.

They have soft caps that you can use in place of the hard caps that come with the ego t cartridges. You simply buy a pack of these then use a small screw driver and pop out the original hard cap and replace it with the small soft caps. These seal much better and should cut down on the leaking.

It leaks where the plastic meets the metal band that's right on top of the threaded part.