advice needed for choosing best ohm RBA

jsr27

howdy i ve got to make a trip to my local vape shop this morning cause i need to replace them. im soon gonna rebuild my own but havent recieved my supplies yet. all mine are dead. anyway im using a ego-c twist battery with a vivi nova and have a question. when i use my 2.4 ohm RBA i can only turn it up to just a bit under 4.3v before i get a terrible burnt taste. if i was to use a 2.8 ohm would i be able to crank it up all the way? is going to a 2.8 ohm gonna give me more flavor with a higher voltage.

Well a rba is a rebuildable atomizer in the sense that you build your own wick and coil. So this question should actually be what ohm replacement head? At 2.4 you should easily be in the ballpark of 4.2 give or take. At 2.8 you are getting very close to 5 or 5.2. I don't think there is much flavor advantage with higher voltage/resistance. I'm happy anywhere between 7-9watts regardless of resistance. That's just my 2c. Good luck.

Burnt happens when there's too much heat (roughly analogous to power - measured in watts) for the juice or the wick is crudded up (all coil/wick setup eventually wear out). Good rule of thumb is that resistance + 2 = ~8watts and then adjust up/down to get the flavor dialed-in for preference.

Examples:

1.5Ω@3.5volts -> 8.2watts

2.0Ω@4volts -> 8.0watts

2.5Ω@4.5volts -> 8.1watts

3.0@5.0volts -> 8.3watts

Where most VV/VW devices run into issues is with the amperage limitation built in to the switch (it's a safety feature). If I remember correctly a Twist is 2.5A, a Provari V2 is 3.5A and a Vamo is 5.0A. If you tried to use a 1.5Ω atty on a device with a 2.5A limit, you never get higher than 3.8volts regardless of how far you turned the swtich.

There are a bunch of useful free Ohm's Law calculators for iPhone or on the web (http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php).

Great answers!

I believe you'll be happier with the highest ohm's you can find. The Twists/Spinners have pulsating heat which carries a good wallop with great vapor. Sometimes too great of a wallop. I like the higher ohms on mine and I still leave it down in the 4.0-4.2 range. You might find the same, or you might find you can increase yours even higher. The ohms will vary, even if they're all in the same package labeled as 2.8. If you increase your volts, it will be equivalent to using a lower resistant ohm. (as was illustrated earlier).

Go for it! Try them at various volts, and find your sweet spot with these.