Keepers and Tossers

Uma

Hey y'all! I'm going to try DIY again, this time using the easier method of adding flavors to unflavored NIC juice mix.

The flavorings I have on hand, to date, are:

18mg Unflavored e-Liquid Nicotine
Size 215ml
Base PG $15.49

Cinnamon Danish Swirl by Capella
Grape by Capella
Irish Cream by Capella
Hazelnut by Capella
Marshmallow by Capella

Forest Fruit Mix by FlavourArt
Liquid Amber by FlavourArt
Mango by FlavourArt

Blueberry By Flavor West

Circus Cotton Candy (signature ecx)
Bavarian Cream (signature ecx)
Banana Nut Bread (signature ecx)

The Perfumers Apprentice: (GP)
Caramel Cappuccino
RY4 Double
Jamaican Rum
French Vanilla
Banana Cream
Tobacco
USA-Mix

I still need to pick up Apple, caramel, watermelon, juicy fruit, graham crust, cheesecake, absinthe, anise, citrus, .... and so forth. (does it ever end? lol)

Before I ruin my 18mg unflavored Nic juice, I thought I'd ask you all for your input on the flavorings I have. Which ones should I toss out right this minute and not use at all? All I know is, some brands are better than others for certain flavors, and they're all criss-crossed across the board.

Also, I'd really like to keep track of the "best" brand for each new flavor I have yet to buy. Recommendations are always very very welcome. :)

I need a way to cross reference my flavors, as the list grows longer. It's already a pain to try to keep track of them. I don't know how you all do it!

I've used Perfumer'S Apprentices menthol for a few years. Love it! Recently, a friend of mine wanted to try her hand at Diy'ing. She got the vanilla cupcake and a clove from there. Both were excellent! I have also used the double ry4 and Asian ry4, also both good. I love the descriptions of favors on that sight, they're spot on! Also love the tiny $1.50 bottles to try new flavors. :)

I remember years ago, it was pretty common to use 15-20% flavoring, but I know with the handful of flavors from PA that I've used, that would be Way to much. I started Diy'ing because I couldn't find a menthol that was strong enough. I use 5% on all the flavors from there and 5% comes out pretty strong!

The Jamaican rum and vanilla sound like an interesting combo......you do have some 3ml bottles, don't you.....

The caramel cappuccino and cinnamon Danish with a couple of drops of USA mix. Tobacco favors are usually super strong.

Merry mixing (and no, it doesn't end....sorry)

Oh yes, I have lots of bottles from www.specialtybottle.com/. Bought those first thing. Plus, I still have tons of empty bottles from storebought juices that can be cleaned and repurposed. :)

Those combos sound great! It looks like I'm going to be doing just fine until I can get more flavors stocked. :)

Any tip on what to add to the grape for a good grape flavor?

With what you have listed....Grape + Marshmallow. If you go shopping :yes , I like Lorann champagne flavor with grape and the flavourart forest fruit.....

Banana cream and liquid amber sounds intriguing...you will have to post what you mix, let us know what works.

You know me, I love mixing !!!!

I was *-* this close to picking up a Champagne flavor! Now I'm glad I waited, I'll be sure to get the Lorann's brand. Sounds delicious Kitsune! Thanks.

I've been inspired by you for years, Kitsune! I even bought a kit a few years ago, but I chickened out and could never literally get started. I'm hyped, more prepared, (reading your posts here as well as posts from all over the various forums) and now my sleeves are rolled up and ready to go. Can't wait for my new supplies to come in. (can't find my old kit, it's in storage somewhere..).

I'll try 3 variations of the Amber & Banana Cream... 1. Amber heavy, 2. Amber medium. 3. Amber light... (which, of course, makes the Banana Cream the teeter totter balance). Yum eh!

Try this in a 3ml bottle:

6 drops of Banana Nut Bread

2 drops of Banana Cream

2 drops of Marshmallow

2 drops of Cotton Candy

fill the rest (about 2.5 ml) with 18mg pg

This should taste like a very sweet banana desert.

Mixing is fun !!! its kinda like baking or cooking. I usually have to be in the mood, not have any plans so I can sit and mix, usually while watching a movie.

I'm glad your going to give it a go. Lots of trial and error...but along the way you will some great flavors combinations.

My staples in my arsenal are: Flavourart Tiramisu, Flavourart Coffee espresso, Flavor west caramel, flavor west candy corn, flavor west mint chocolate, flavor west butterscotch, flavor west sugar cookie, flavourart menthol (flavor kick), flavourart forest fruit, Lorann watermelon, Lorann champagne (goes with almost everything), Lorann Mango(new addition), flavour art cinnamon.

Mind you I have many more flavors, but the ones listed above are the ones I use the most often. You will find your favorites.

shout if you get stuck.

BTW....do you have an android phone? if so the eliquid recipe manager is great !!

@Mike...Yum !!! going to try that one.

I love shopping on a mission and my next shopping trip is going to be one fun mission. Thanks for the list, Kits!

I do have a few calculator thingies, both on my pc and my phone. I have BreakTru's on my pc, (ejuice me up) and on my phone is "Ejuice Calculator". Are these the ones you're talking about or is there another one I should try too?

Thanks Mike! I just downloaded it and am trying it out now.

and I'm already stumped. I hate math... or math hates me... or it's both. Okay, it's both.

Can you (or someone) be so kind as to jot down your Sweet Banana desert recipe into all the fields, take a snapshot of it and post it for me. This way I can see what it's supposed to look like when done correctly. Thanks in advance and a million times over. :)

In addition to math handicapped, I'm phone handicapped.....how about step by step....

with and 18mg base, you will end up with a 12mg liquid....unless you have a stronger base.

nicotine base = 18

target nicotine amount = 12

amount to create = 3

amount of flavoring 1 = 10

amount of flavoring 2 = 3

amount of flavoring 3 = 3

amount of flavoring 4 = 3

scroll down to calculate recipe

This app bases 1 ml = 20 drops

you can use this to mix PG and VG percentages too.

usually when I am playing with a new mix or new flavors....I taste test them in pg or vg no nicotine. about 1ml (20 drops), then add 3 drops of flavoring (about 10%) and decide if its too strong or too weak...add if needed. It gives me an idea of what my flavor percentage should be for the calculator.....for future receipes. I used to keep track of these in a small notebook.

Not sure if any of this is making any sense.

For the camera screenshot, if you have a smartphone, just click the Power button and the Home key both at the exact same time. Then go into the gallery, menu, send. I like to take snapshots after I zoom in a regular photo I've taken, for a good closeup shot. Otherwise, I zoom to take the pic in the first place, it comes out super blurry :)

I wondered what the base nic would be after mixing it. Sweet!

I've jotted all the numbers down into the app, and saved as "Kit's sample". :) Thank you so much!!!

When I want, say, 20% flavoring, I assume I would make sure the numbers below the 20 avg out to a total of 20 right?

Same for 10. Same for 30.

10% is my ideal I believe, for everyday vapes.

By golly, I think I've got it. You rock Kitsune!

You got it !!!

Mostly I use the calculator to figure out my nicotine amounts...I use 100mg/ml.

The calculator is also more useful for calculating larger amounts (10 or more ml's). When I'm mixing or playing with 3mls or less I just add a few drops at a time to taste.

Don't forget to write it down !!!! Trust me...it sucks when you can't remember how much you've added. I then use that to approximate the percentage to put into the calculator for my 30 ml mixes.

always experiment with small amounts then calculate to larger. some flavors only take a couple drops (1-2%) some take alot more.

When I am playing with multiple flavors I can end up with 20-30%.

Welcome to your new addiciton :animier:

BTW...Thanks for the screenshot instructions...going to give it a try.

Right on! I'm on a roll. :D

I couldn't name and save the sample in the app, but I copy/pasted to my notebook and should be good to go.

Ha! Before buying the flavors, I bought a huge bottle of 100mg to store in the freezer for later down the road when I'm confident to use it. I also purchased a bottle of 48mg to use right away, with a calculator, ... but I chickened out trying it because of math and big batches... and so next I bought the 28mg premixed non-flavored to dig in. There's no stopping me now lol. And with each level up the rung of confidence, I'll have it ready on hand to tackle. I love it when a plan comes together, even if it were a plan by accident. :)

I still haven't even received the shipping notice for the stuff I bought last week. I'm going stir crazy, getting more and more antsy by the minute.

Thanks for the headup about the various strengths of flavorings according to different brands/flavors. I'll keep that in mind while playing and not be afraid to go over 10% at all.

I wish we lived closer! I'd be so much fun to have bake offs together!

The flavors and 18mg premixed unflavored from my opening post came in just now! I'll be mixing up some fun stuff tomorrow. (would right this minute but I'm over visiting the kids tonight).

I mixed the Mikes sweet banana desert, and it's good! Simple, easy, and delicious. :) It's a little heavy on the banana flavor, room to explore, so next batch I'll try it with Bavarian cream instead of the Banana cream and see how that goes.

I mixed the Mikes sweet banana desert, and it's good! Simple, easy, and delicious. :) It's a little heavy on the banana flavor, room to explore, so next batch I'll try it with Bavarian cream instead of the Banana cream and see how that goes.

I just made some plain banana nut bread juice and it's pretty good all by itself. I'm gonna have to take some of this and experiment with it. I made 25mls of it so I got plenty to mess around with. I think the Bavarian Cream will go well with this. I'll have to look though my stuff to find some other possibilities also.

I mixed up every suggestion you all have given me and I really like them all so far!(except my own suggestion, which was epic fail but, it might be better after a week or 10). I am stoked. Anyway the flavors sing, my muse goes wild with suggestions for a next batch, and so far it's so incredibly easy. It's easy staying away from calculators.

But, now I'm in to the calculator part. I added flavors to the calculator (manager), edited the flavor for 1.5ml or 0.5ml, used and then clicked create a recipe, but when it calculates how much of each flavor for a larger amount, say 10ml, it reads 0 drops.

I might need to open a new thread called "Calculators for Dummies 101"

::off to mix a Banana Nut Bread batch::: thanks Mike~