looking for good e cig

drewd3

I have been smoking cigs for a long time. I want to quit and am looking for something thats really strong. I have been smoking newports a pack and a half a day. I was trying to get some good recommendations so I can finally quit. I tried a blu quit for three day but battery life sucked and jus wasnt strong enough any suggestions

Wella huloo and welcome!!

Here's what I use:

1300mah Vision Spinner and Vivi Nova and some Nanos when I go out

Variable Voltage Passthrough with Kanger MT3 and some other Nanos at home

Bombshell Stinger with carto-tank, soon to upgrade to an iClear 30

Direct Dripping at different resistances to sample new flavors...

Personal favorite juices are Vanilla-X, Pina Colada, and RY4.

Especially sample some RY4 if you were a newport smoker, other 'newport-ers' I've spoken with tend to like it.

And goot luck on your journey!!

A lot of people seem to gravitate to some variant of the following three components since your a menthol smoker you will get good satisfaction from e-liquid. I never smoked menthol regular cigarettes but I enjoy the menthol e-liquids

Find a good E-Liquid:

There are so many its hard to recommend which one to get but for the recommended devices below you should get either 60/40 or 50/50 PG/VG mixes because these are wicking systems and need the e-liquid to be thin enough to work correct.

Some brands of E-Liquid that I have tried and found to be good but there are hundreds to choose from it will be trial and error to find one that suits you:

Dekang (is popular) international

Joyetech e-liquid (especially the Newport or Menthol) international

Johnson Creek (a lot of tobacco type flavors) domestic

Fresh Vapors (Peppermint) domestic

ECBlends (Various flavors) domestic

Halo (Tribecca Flavor) domestic

Now to atomize the e-liquid use one of the following very easy to use devices you basically fill them with your favorite e-liquid and they hold about 1.5 - 2-5 ml which is good for the day for most vapers.

Vision CE4 Clearomizers,

Vision Vivi Nova Mini

Kanger T3

To power the above use one of the following:

Joyetech eGo Twist (adjustable voltage) in either 650mAh or 1000mAh for longer life

Joyetech eGo-C Upgraded(non adjustable voltage) in either 650mAh or 1000mAh for longer life.

Vision Spinners are good too if you can find them

The adjustable voltage models allow you to tweak the taste, throat hit and vapor production. If you go too high on voltage you will get burnt taste and may burn out the atomizers so little adjustment at a time.3.5 - 3.7 volts is a good starting place.

You'll also need a basic eGo USB Charger and Wall Adapter these are cheap

Also you'll want to have spare batteries because as they age they don't last as long and this can start to happen within a month or two. A 650 mAh will last about 6hrs when new and down to 4hrs as it ages for a med to heavy vapor

Above is the setups that we have used (my wife and I) for nearly six months now

I hope this helps good luck

When you say you're looking for something that's "really strong", I think you're referring to something that's high in nicotine content and/or PG ratio in your e-liquid. If you've been smoking regular Newports then I would suggest getting a juice at around 24 mg to start. 40 VG/60 PG or something along those lines would probably be good. Just keep in mind the higher the PG, the more "throat hit" you get but less vapor. Higher VG = more vapor but less throat hit.

Good luck in finding what works best for you! It's a lot of trial and error for people just starting out and everyone has different favorites. :D