Non Sweet Juice

crunchy

Noobie here. Have been vape'n for about two weeks. I like it...I'm all in.

However, so far out of all the nic juices I have tried, they all have a sweet taste. I keep

taking an analog just to get a non-sweet smoke. I have dropped from 1.5 packs a day to 2 analogs

a day.

Is the sweet taste just the nature of the PG used in nic juice?

So far I have tried HVY Shag tobacco, virginia, and VT cappuccino. (all from dietsmoke)

I just got in 555 from awesome vapor and have been trying that. Still have Marlboro, ry-4 that I haven't

vape'd yet.

All seem to have a subtle(or not so subtle) sweet flavor.

I suppose many of the flavors do have a sweet taste to them but I've never really noticed before to be honest. 555 tends to be more nutty than sweet.

I normally only use sweet flavors so I'll let other members chime in here on what they think is a good strong tobacco taste.

So far I have tried HVY Shag tobacco, virginia, and VT cappuccino. (all from dietsmoke)

I just got in 555 from awesome vapor and have been trying that. Still have Marlboro, ry-4 that I haven't

vape'd yet.

All seem to have a subtle(or not so subtle) sweet flavor.

I have tried the Awsome Vapor Menthol and its like double mint gum to me..I usally use that flavor.I have also tried 555 from AV also and its growing on me more and more..The apple is sorta weak to me but its there in hints i have reflavored the apple with several custom lorann flavors and it works good as a base..The RY4 is just to much for me.The Banana is cool as a short change of pace..The cool thing with Arno's juice is the free samples you get when order a bottle or kit..lets you try different stuff and get those handy 3ml sample bottles for carring around..I am curious about the marlboro tell me how you like it ...I was a menthol analog smoker because of the dry taste of tobacco flavors but since i started Vaping i am trying regulars in E-juice and am enjoying some of them....

All of the e-Juices that I have tried have been sweet. I contribute that to the Propylene Glycol. PG has a sweet taste. I have never vaped Vegetable Glycerin, but I wouldn't think that it would have too much of a sweet taste like PG. Most of the e-Juice suppliers out there stock and market PG juices but there are some that have VG flavors.

Making the switch from analogue cigarettes to vaping requires a different outlook on the flavor. You really can't compare the tobacco tastes to the PG tastes, they are a totally different set of tastes. Now that I have vaped awhile, I have come to appreciate several of the e-Juice flavors, but I had to throw out all of my opinions about tobacco flavors and come up with a new scale to judge them by.

I'm with you all the way on this one. All the juice tastes sweet to me, too. I've searched high and low but no luck finding one that doesn't taste that way. VG is very sweet when mixed with nic, even more so that PG.

You might want to try 555 or Hilton. They not as sweet as most. Lots of people swear by Johnson Creek Original but it's too strong a flavor for me personally. I like to mix it with other stuff.

I guess it's like smokingman said, you have to switch your expectations around a bit. Unlike most of these guys, my taste buds and sense of smell haven't come back. Maybe it's my age or that my wife still smoke analogs.

I'm with you all the way on this one. All the juice tastes sweet to me, too. I've searched high and low but no luck finding one that doesn't taste that way. VG is very sweet when mixed with nic, even more so that PG.

You might want to try 555 or Hilton. They not as sweet as most. Lots of people swear by Johnson Creek Original but it's too strong a flavor for me personally. I like to mix it with other stuff.

I guess it's like smokingman said, you have to switch your expectations around a bit. Unlike most of these guys, my taste buds and sense of smell haven't come back. Maybe it's my age or that my wife still smoke analogs.

PG in and of itself is sweet, it is used as a sweetener and a suspension method for medicines in things like cough syrup. I agree that 555 is nutty at the start and kind of bitter at the end (Oh, the bitter end!), I am completely done with Johnson Creek, what a joke compared with Vapor Talk's Juice. Chris has it just right for me.

I don't think your age has anything to do with it, if that really is your picture as your Avatar, you are in better shape than I and about the same age, I'm 41. By the way you look like Bill Clinton getting ready to beat Hillary's A$$ in that pic.

Edited by TheSmokingMan

Thanks all. I suppose the sweet is just one of the cons of the activity. Its still tastes good and I'm

saving a bundle.

Perhaps as the product popularity grows a non-sweet product will become available. Till then, I'll just

enjoy the many flavors available and sit comfortably in the knowledge that my lungs are no longer being

coated in cigarette tar.

You know I just got a Kung Pow Chicken Flavor in the mail today. I haven't had the balls to try it yet, but if it isn't sweet I'll let you know. (Who would even think of such a flavor!?)

I think I would have to stare at the bottle for a couple days before I got up the nerve to try it too.

There was a soda company a few years back that released a turkey dinner flavor. Just the thought of it made me gag. The company is one of those micro brew type companies. I am not sure if they were local or national.

Man, that's adventerous! Kung Pow chicken! Totally Wicked has roast chicken flavor. GROSS!

I have had "Smoked Meat" but I never thought of smoking meat! Kung Po Chicken is a sweet dish, so I would imagine that the e-Juice would be sweet also.

In response to "crunchy's" question, all of the PG flavors are going to be sweet because the PG is sweet. I haven't tried VG (vegetable glycerin) but I think JMHESTER has, maybe he can tell us if VG is sweet also.

You know I just got a Kung Pow Chicken Flavor in the mail today. I haven't had the balls to try it yet, but if it isn't sweet I'll let you know. (Who would even think of such a flavor!?)

Does it come with an eggroll flavor on the side? :pc:

I started vaping last weekend and I really like the sweet aftertaste, so much so I got Cotton Candy niquid from electronicstix :icecream: . The sugary sweet is so much better compared to the hobo's bunghole funk caused by analog smoking. I just spent the last 5 days cleaning all manner of tobacco riddled despair from every surface in my apartment. :wacko:

PG in and of itself is sweet, it is used as a sweetener and a suspension method for medicines in things like cough syrup. I agree that 555 is nutty at the start and kind of bitter at the end (Oh, the bitter end!), I am completely done with Johnson Creek, what a joke compared with Vapor Talk's Juice. Chris has it just right for me.

I don't think your age has anything to do with it, if that really is your picture as your Avatar, you are in better shape than I and about the same age, I'm 41. By the way you look like Bill Clinton getting ready to beat Hillary's A$$ in that pic.

Actually, VG is very sweet. PG is supposed to be flavorless for the most part.

If you don't like sweet vapes I can make a few suggestions:

555 - As some members have pointed out, its a tobacco based flavor, a little nutty, slightly bitter.

Flue Cured - Heavy tobacco flavor, very rich. Slightly bitter.

Vapor Talk Exotic Tobacco - Its like a blend of 555 and Camel. It has a good flavor with a slightly nutty flavor. Overall my favorite tobacco flavored vape.

Hilton - Another good tobacco flavor. Slightly spicy.

Marlboro - I think this tastes like an ashtray and have never cared for the varieties I have tried.

Camel - Very rich, and quite spicy. Will stay in an atty forever. Good occasional vape.

French Pipe - Just like it sounds. Smells and tastes like pipe tobacco.

Hope that helps some

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, VG is very sweet. PG is supposed to be flavorless for the most part.

If you don't like sweet vapes I can make a few suggestions:

555 - As some members have pointed out, its a tobacco based flavor, a little nutty, slightly bitter.

Flue Cured - Heavy tobacco flavor, very rich. Slightly bitter.

Vapor Talk Exotic Tobacco - Its like a blend of 555 and Camel. It has a good flavor with a slightly nutty flavor. Overall my favorite tobacco flavored vape.

Hilton - Another good tobacco flavor. Slightly spicy.

Marlboro - I think this tastes like an ashtray and have never cared for the varieties I have tried.

Camel - Very rich, and quite spicy. Will stay in an atty forever. Good occasional vape.

Hope that helps some

Where can you buy the French Pipe flavor?

Hold on a second, I smoked a pipe for years. People would tell me Man, that pipe sure smells good, I would always tell them "I wish it tasted like it smelled!" Pipe tobacco smells totally different than it tastes, it is definitely an acquired taste, it takes about six weeks just for your tongue to get used to the smoke.

Noobie here. Have been vape'n for about two weeks. I like it...I'm all in.

However, so far out of all the nic juices I have tried, they all have a sweet taste. I keep

taking an analog just to get a non-sweet smoke. I have dropped from 1.5 packs a day to 2 analogs

a day.

Is the sweet taste just the nature of the PG used in nic juice?

It's hard to say based on your own personal taste. There might be a few liquids that tone it down a pinch... but either you get use to it or you don't. And yes most glycols taste & smell naturally sweet even the lethal ones.(which most glycols are)

• 2 weeks later...

Wait! Kung Pow chicken? Dude I love Kung Pow, where did you get it? And have you tried it yet? Does it actualy taste like kung pow?