Caution Sweet Tarts

ninjabat

I filled one of the XXXL dual-coil clear cartomizers I had

http://shop.hotvapes.com/Clear-Dual-Coil-XXXL-Cartomizers-15ohm-cleardualcartos.htm

with High Desert Vapes 50/50 6mg Sweet Tarts

http://highdesertvapes.com/products/Sweet-Tarts.html

And it DESTROYED the carto. Cracked it literally in half!!

Just a caution because the juice tasted awesome in my atomizer so I filled the carto.

A $2.40 lesson to save anyone else from experiencing.

It should work okay in your Biansi atomizer. Any juice with a high citrus content like Sweet-Tarts will run the risk of cracking a plastic clearomizer or tank, the same goes for anything with a high level of cinnamon.

Although the quality of plastic the manufacturers are using now is much better, it's still an issue. When I first started I used to crack a lot of T2s with the Mojito flavor because of the lime but I didn't know about direct dripping then... :)

Thanks again Tameiki!! I wish I knew it was going to have that high citrus content in the first place. Don't mixologists/label-makers/web-page-designers want to let the buyers know something like that? I guess that is something I will have to figure out. Thanks for the head's up on Mojito, anyway. That is a flavor I definately had on my radar!! And thanx for the Biansi head's up also. I was a bit worried about that since the mouthpiece/tank/cartridge is plastic. How about nano's?? Are they safe for cinnamon/citrus??

Rarely have I seen warnings posted by juice vendors for any given flavor that may potentially crack a tank. In fact, I can hardly find any comprehensive listings posted on forums or e-cig information sites regarding these kinds of juices. So, as a personal rule, anything that is NOT a tobacco flavor does NOT go in a polycarbonate tank. Since I'm pretty stuck on RY4's for my daily vape, I prefer direct-dripping my "change-up" flavors....makes them taste that much better for some reason.

Thank you CascadianExotics (the Paragon of Python), your post made me realize I have not yet tried tobacco juices. I already change my flavors and nic mG constantly. So I gotta try some tobacco flavors, thanx for the idea. At least vanilla didn't crack my polycarbonate tank, I already miss the stuff.

Thanks again Tameiki!! I wish I knew it was going to have that high citrus content in the first place. Don't mixologists/label-makers/web-page-designers want to let the buyers know something like that? I guess that is something I will have to figure out. Thanks for the head's up on Mojito, anyway. That is a flavor I definately had on my radar!! And thanx for the Biansi head's up also. I was a bit worried about that since the mouthpiece/tank/cartridge is plastic. How about nano's?? Are they safe for cinnamon/citrus??

Nanos because they have a plastic tank are not a good choice for something with a high citrus or cinnamon content. About the only thing I know of that's okay with those are the glass/pyrex tanks or metal cartomizer/atomizers. All you have to watch out for is the juices with high amounts of these types of flavors. If it's a fruit flavor like lemonade or something equally sour... I'd be careful with it. If there's orange mixed with something else or apple pie with cinnamon that should be okay. Should being the operative word. YMMV.

The T2s, T3s and MT3s that I've tried lately seem to be fine with the Mojito flavor. I like to keep a bottle of mint to add to the Mojito flavoring as most places usually go a little heavy on the lime. That's just my experience anyway.

Thank you CascadianExotics (the Paragon of Python), your post made me realize I have not yet tried tobacco juices. I already change my flavors and nic mG constantly. So I gotta try some tobacco flavors, thanx for the idea. At least vanilla didn't crack my polycarbonate tank, I already miss the stuff.
Paragon of Python...I love it, LOL!!! Gonna have to use that one. Vanilla should be ok for a plastic polycarbonate tank. I got some French Vanilla from TVR....tastes like cake batter. Don't know if its tank-worthy for me, but its a great morning vape!! I also recommend their Ginger's RY4 as a tobacco flavor....great vanilla and caramel flavor with hints of something else. Also, from what I understand, if you use a metal tank, it needs to be food-grade stainless steel. Otherwise, the "tank killer" juices will leach out minerals from the metals used in production.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love sweet tarts eLiquid -_- it's one of my favorite flavors. That sucks it destroyed the carto

Side question for OP: Do you think 6mg nicotines are worth it, is it too little do you still get the nice headrush? Or are you using to to eventually get to 0 and quit all together?