Cleaning cartomizers with alcohol?

GaGa

Cartomizers will never clean well. They are disposable and I think trying to clean them is a waste of time. Ymmv. If you're trying different juices stay with either dripping or clearos. Once you have a juice that you know you love just stick it in the carto and use it till it's time to toss.

I agree with MSE.

The cartidges with 510 atomizer's are great for tasting new juices. Many folks just take the filler out of the cartridge and direct drip onto the atomizer. Only super strong flavors like Cinnamon, clove, etc will stay... and when they do stay, you just devote that atty to that flavor. If you use the fluff cartridge, just remove the fluff and rinse under your faucet, pat it completely dry, and replace into the cartridge.

Cartomizers, on the other hand, are more for using with your okay juices until they start failing you. Just toss em and start a new one, as was mentioned.

Until you have a stockpile though, they can be somewhat cleaned. Just make sure it's evaporated completely, and nice and dry before refilling. Spin them on the end of a string with the cap removed to remove moisture. If you're careful not to touch the wires, you can also syringe them dry.

If you want to actually try cleaning them, you will want to do it with something that is ingestible. Personally, I use low-grade vodka to clean my stuff. generally, just my clearomizers. I dont use cartos anymore.

If you want to actually try cleaning them, you will want to do it with something that is ingestible. Personally, I use low-grade vodka to clean my stuff. generally, just my clearomizers. I dont use cartos anymore.

+1 Good catch!!

I still think this is a losing battle. I tried desperately back when I first started vaping to clean these things and nothing worked well enough to recommend. Just stick to clearos until you have a known good juice. :D Also I'm not bashing you in anyway I just want to try and help save you some headaches.