FC-2000 Ceramic Wick

Rixter

I have not. I'm letting time test it before I buy anything. The hard ceramic is supposed to be ultra brittle but that's just what I've heard. I will be picking up some XC-116 braided ceramic wick (think of silica style) tomorrow. I've seen users report awesome performance with that. I know that some of the ppl over at (insert huge forum name here) were using the ceramic filters that go inside fish aquariums for wicking materials. Really? You want to cut up something that goes in a fish tank and vape it? Not this guy. I mean I have no doubt vaping is not healthy but that just seems a little crazy for me. I am happy at this point with SS mesh so I don't feel the need to jump into the new styles quite yet. There's a lot of rba users calling these "fantasy" wicks. I will wait it out for now and see what really proves itself and stays around. If you do try it you have to let us know the results! :D I'm obviously interested in ceramic but not ready to dive in yet.

I agree with MSE, and will wait until they're proved and tested more thoroughly. From what I understand, they don't seem to wick very well, and the vapers are drilling this and drilling that, to try to improve it. In the meantime, they are brittle, as was mentioned, and break way too easy. The last thing I'd want is a chunk of stone breaking off into my tank and plugging up my wick. Surely the crumbs fall in there too...

They're not ready for primetime. Don't listen to the hype. The experiments are still going strong with these.

• 2 months later...

I've had mixed results. I ordered a few of both the 3.2mm and the 2.4mm. They are really disappointing at first (especially for someone like me with the attention span of a knat...) but once broken in they perform pretty well. They're not as strong/crisp a flavor as I can get with #500 mesh but the vapor production is really good. Wicking-wise, this also gets better once broken in but I do leave the fill hole screw loose (vs. closed for SS mesh wicks).

Setups I've tried:

30awg Kanthal on 2.4mm in Mini-DID (4/5 wrap @ ~1.0Ω) - one of the better performing setups I've tried

0.6mm Kanthal ribbon on 3.2mm in Std DID (3/4 wrap @ ~1.0Ω) - pretty good once broken in

0.8mm Kanthal ribbon on 3.2mm is Shortie DID (3/4 wrap @ ~0.8Ω) - so so...

For all of them I'm using the "hot wrap" method (much better results than simple wrapping)