My tank seems to be condensated.

I have the lemonade flavor from mister e liquid and it would seem as if it is getting condensation on the inside of the tank. It is as if the juice has pulp in it or something. I can make it go away when I shake it in all ways but it comes right back later. This is the first time I have encountered this but not the first time I have had a lemon flavored juice. I believe that I had a tank when I had lemon ice and it didn't do this. So is it suppose to do this or not?

It is a 6ml smok tech tank Also it is seeming to burn a little as in temperature but it doesn't seem hot. Also it doesn't taste like burning cardboard the flavor is fine. I guess my cartomizer is going out even though this is the second time I filled it. I think I am going to just get one of these I have been putting it off like getting a triple coil like I finally got. I believe it is worth it to a certain extent as it actually gives me a kick for 12 MG samples which I haven't had the last time I have used them with a dual coil.

Hm, how are you filling your cartos to begin with? What ratio of juice are you running? I fill with the condom method and it hasn't failed yet. If you have a good carto it should easily last a week or more and for me that's about 30-45mls....Hmm, I'd think the benefits of that cleaner would be slim to nil. :blink:

Well I can't clean things too well. All I do is let it soak in hot tap water and blow it out. If I could hook it up to a syringe kit and flush it several times then it would actually get everything out instead of little to nothing. I may get vodka eventually and use it as well once I get the kit. As I hear you can use it right after you flush it with vodka and it doesn't need any drying. Also with this you can get it filled without losing any juice maybe one drop or less but that is less than the condom method I believe.

If you do the condom method right you only lose the juice that gets on your fingers. By all means get the kit if you like but I think you would be better off just having a couple of different cartos for different flavors. If it works for you I say go for it. Cartos are so cheap as they are. I hope you find what you are looking for. :)

I don't think it is frayed o rings. I just got this tank but a few weeks ago a month maximum. My other one is even older and it has never done this. It is just that the paint or metal has broken down around the top and bottom on the inside. I believe that is from letting it sit in water for who knows how long when I had no e liquid and forgot to take it out to dry. I really think that the juice somehow has pulp or something in it or is just acting like it. I know for sure it can't have pulp in it as there is just flavors in ejuices and not the actual lemonade. But as the cleaning kit goes I am just not sure which I should get. The one I posted or this one: http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/categories/the-plunger.html this one is about $10 more. But it has an attachment to screw into instead of just having a tube that goes around the cartomizer.

Are you wanting to clean them to be able to switch flavors or are you just cleaning to clean? I'm just wondering. I've not run into many who want to clean cartos. For me it is easiest just to open a carto, run one juice in it until the performance drops and just trash it. I'm not bashing by any means I'm just confused why you're trying to clean them. Cartos never have a long life span to begin with. After about 30ish mls the flavor really diminishes to the point that I just want a fresh one. I'd have a hard time thinking any type of cleaning would really help the polyfil out after that. I could be wrong but I'd hate to see you buy something like that and be disappointed.

Well I think I will just eventually keep trying with the genesis atomizer until I get it right. As it is much cheaper to use it anyway. If I can get it right then I think everything will be fine. A metal tank is probably better than plastic anyways. But then if I got the cleaning kit then I wouldn't need it because there is no way to clean the genesis with it. But the cleaning kit allows you to fill cartos too so it wouldn't matter if I never cleaned them again. I clean them because I switch flavors. Once I decided to just put a different flavor in and it was a little odd. I believe that I had watermelon and then had lemon ice filled up afterwords. It was very interesting. When I vaped it I had lemon coming in and watermelon going out. So mixing flavors isn't always a great thing so I just didn't do that anymore. So I clean them when I switch flavors.

+1 to Dayvape's post.

The SS tank in a Genesis is great for all the citrus, clove, cinnamon flavored juices. SS and glass (pryex, fused quartz, etc), are the only kind I would use with those juices.

With that said... the chid/griffin/dud/did clone genesis you have is not SS! It's chrome plated brass. I don't know if citrus eats away chrome, but more than likely it does. You'll need an AGA-T+ clone ( or of course, the real genesis made out of 304/316 SS or better).

I wouldn't trust your clone with Lemon. Try to pick up a glass tank for it maybe, from IBtanked or wherever.

(those chids make me so angry, they do not save money!).

To clean the genesis in between juices, just fill a syringe with vodka/everclear, and plunge it in there after syringing your juice out. Syringe the vodka out, squirt it into the sink, refill with clean vodka, and plunge that in there good... repeat as necessary. It will dry fast, it's alcohol base.

I so wish I could set you up with a decent genesis so you can chuck your chid. Give me a few weeks, let me see what I can come up with.

Edited by Uma

I appreciate it uma. I would need time to get use to getting this chid setup. If I can't ever get it right then I am not sure what I would do with a genuine one. But it would probably help if I have a coil pre-wrapped correctly so then I would get a good idea of how to do it. I guess I just need to practice more and figure out what I am doing wrong. It would be great to be able to save over $2 per a atomizer wick and coil made with this atomizer I have. Then I wouldn't have to worry about having to clean things improperly or even wait for things to dry either.

I appreciate it uma. I would need time to get use to getting this chid setup. If I can't ever get it right then I am not sure what I would do with a genuine one. But it would probably help if I have a coil pre-wrapped correctly so then I would get a good idea of how to do it. I guess I just need to practice more and figure out what I am doing wrong. It would be great to be able to save over $2 per a atomizer wick and coil made with this atomizer I have. Then I wouldn't have to worry about having to clean things improperly or even wait for things to dry either.

No no no, I meant, in a few weeks, hopefully I can send you a nicer/safer clone, like an AGA-T+ ... so you can toss out your chid. They're only 20+ bucks (avg 25). The chid is NOT citrus friendly. But, yes, it's an okay one for learning how to wrap those coils... but you will get the top coil hot spot. Don't let it get you down if you can't work out the hot spots on that chid. The insulators are rubbish, the center post hole is too large for the post, the wick hole is too far from the center post, ... it has too many "wrongs" and not enough rights. It was the Chinese's FIRST try at the Rebuildables. (might be a collector's item someday though LOL)

Well if a genuine is easier to get the coil set up right then that would be great. This chid is just making me go crazy. The top coil just keeps lighting up and I can almost never get it to where the coils are just heating it eventually with no orange on them. I got it to do it once but eventually it actually started to light up then catch fire. I am going to practice wrapping the coils more maybe I will get lucky and be good enough to wrap this chid so then it will be a snap with a genuine.

Well it is not letting me edit my previous post. I just got my chid up and going. Seems to be working fine. I have 4 wraps around the wick and it is a little above the center post and isn't touching the bottom of the tank. It would seem that I am not getting that good of juice absorption though. I am sure I have the coil wrapped good the coil isn't lighting up unless it goes completely dry. Also If I hold the coil in place I can pull the wick and it moves freely. But I think I am doing okay with it now. I am getting no burnt taste and it is all the way to 6 volts too. It would also seem I am not getting much of a flavor but I am getting a little bit of a hit out of it. I have the hole lined up with the wick but no matter how I get it screwed in I can't get it screwed in all the way to get it lined up. If they could get the threading like this cup I have it would be awesome. Just a quarter of a turn of the lid on my cup and it always lines up the way I want it. I mean drinking cup.

The AGA-T2 (AGA-T+) is not a genuine, but it's an okay clone. It's not anywhere close to being as good as the real genuine genesis, but it is much better than the chid.

Glad to hear you have yours up and almost running!! Make sure the wick is as close to the center positive post as possible, without touching, to avoid hot spots and fires. (you've figured that out, it seems, so that's good!).

The lids on yours hardly ever line up, You can fix that by:

1. wet sanding the top cap. Just set the sand paper on the table, wet your end cap's bottom, and then plunk the cap onto the sandpaper. Move the cap in a circle, keeping the cap level on the paper. Test it for line up fit. It doesn't take much to take the excess off the cap, so be sure to test the fit after each circling.

2. OR. Find an extra o-ring. Put the o-ring where you thread your cap on.

Flavor? The wick needs to be wet. Try a direct drip onto the wick, put your cap back on, and see if there's improvement in flavor.

Sometimes the wicks need more time to season and break in.

Sometimes we need a different juice.

Sometimes we need a different volt/ohm...

Sometimes we need to oxidize less, sometimes more....

You'll get it, hang in there.

It is giving off good flavor. I drench it with liquid and try it but it would seem after that all of it is gone. And I think it is catching fire again. I can hear a flame go out when I stop but it doesn't taste burnt when I did hear it. It may just be this chid isn't so good after all. Until then I am going to be trying to save a little money to get a cartomizer cleaner. I found a attachment for cheap so then I can attach the cartomizers to my syringe and clean them thoroughly.

Well after having to deal with really slow speeds I went back to my old provider. Now it was a really pain to get these pictures right and focused good. My phone doesn't seem to auto focus very well. Hope this is focused enough. As I don't think I can get a picture any better than this especially that close.

77598bf1_l_zps6bf5e30e.jpeg

The picture is difficult to go by, but I'll give it a shot:

The wick itself appears to need re0xidyzing. It looks dark at the top, but not in the middle.

The wick looks bent, curved, ... which probably means it's kinked.

The distance from the top coil to the post, looks right on, but then the top of the wick itself flags to the outside. The flag would catch on fire.

The coils appear evenly spaced. (that's good!)

If you have to pull the wick over that much towards the center post, .... the wick hole on the mod itself is way too far away from the center post. You can fix this by purchasing 2 stainless steel washers (at 2.5mm size) and setting them on the post. These now become your new positive connection. Take a look at MSE's AGA-T+ thread, he had to do this with his AGA-T+.

1. Re-oxidize the ENTIRE wick, both sides and edges, every iota. Then re-roll your wick, with a straightened out paperclip inside, or a strong blunted edge needle, 15 gauge or so.

Wrap your coil around the wick, with the needle still inside it.

2. Screw down the negative post, and then the positive post, in between the two washers you just added on there.

3. Remove the needle/paperclip.

4. Set your volts to 3.0 or insert a dying used up battery that needs to be charged.

5. Pulsate your coils, to heal, find the hot spots, scoot, ...

6. Once satisfied, with glows, fill the tank, wet the wick.

7. Pulsate some more, turn the volts up to 3.7 ... assure everything is fine, then put the top cap back on and you should be good to go.

8. If not running good yet, then... Dump that chid and get an AGA-T+ with some washers. :) (actually, do that anyway, as soon as you're able to or as soon as you let me do it for you).

Hopefully MSE & CaseAce will pop in to help. They have a clear voice, easy to understand directives. Plus, it takes a village to spot a hot spot, trust me! We each eyeball differently.

Well after having to deal with really slow speeds I went back to my old provider. Now it was a really pain to get these pictures right and focused good. My phone doesn't seem to auto focus very well. Hope this is focused enough. As I don't think I can get a picture any better than this especially that close.

77598bf1_l_zps6bf5e30e.jpeg

Bringing photo over to page 2 for easier viewing.

Willmon, when you get a chance to pick up new clone, make sure you get the AGA-T2. The AGA-T2 has a pyrex tank, which is safer for juices like Citrus, Clove & Cinnamon.

The AGA-T+ is polycarbonate tank

The AGA-T2 is Pyrex type tank.

I just discovered this, sorry I didn't know earlier.

Yeah, I have been told about this too from ecblends. They were talking about how polycarbonate tanks get cloudy sometimes and the only time it does is when used with citrus flavors and stuff. Thanks for letting me know so I can look for one eventually. But I am going to have to look for a better battery as the one I have now is just seeming week after it gets to be about half way dead and it use to be perfect through a whole charge. I guess that is what I get when I get something that is cheap and is questionable about quality.