burnt taste - for everything...!

icarussound

Hi all. I started vaping this summer. I still smoke cigarettes but I am trying to cut down and switch to vaping for most of the day now. I am having recent problems though with burnt tastes on the three new things I have bought! I have an ego (actually its a tornado) and several batteries with a tank cartridges. These I got from my sister who turned me on to this as a means of cutting down my regular smoking. I also got a 510 with dual coil cartomizers or something like that. Both taste good with the juice I am using. I recently got more cartridges for the ego and a two new atomizers. I also got nano clearomizers for the 510. ALL these immediately gave a burnt undertone to the juice. I switched back to the 510 cartomizers I originally grooved on, and the original cartridges on the ego-T and these taste fine. I've scoured the web for answers but nothing I've tried - cleaning, priming etc. - has changed the burnt taste for all the new bits I bought, and I find it quite horrible. Not to mention my worry that this plastic burnt flavor feels like I'm inhaling toxic nastiness and must be pretty bad for me... So what to do? Advice would be great!

If you got low resistance items that could do it.I also have found some of the less expensive ones and the horizontal coil cartomisers also are like that.Make sure to get Joye ,Boge ,Kanger and make sure to check the resistance ,2.8 to 3.0 being standard lower than that will be hotter and higher will be cooler.

I just had the same problem with my horizontal coil cartomizers that came with my E-cig starter kit that were supposed to be from Kanger. 2 of the cartomizers were having no problem, those two though, although filled with 1 ml of ejuice each, both tasted just horrible burned, (not even getting any menthol flavor out). So I guess I'll just toss them? I'm just a bit miffed .

Edit: second thought...had them in a carry case, where the cartomizers lay on the side, not with the coil down. Could that lead to burning? Do they have to sit "upright" for a while before using them?

Edited by SonjaWi

It seemed to me when ever I got the horizontal coil's that the filler may not have been pushed all the way down to the element ,it even appeared to be higher in the tube.Those tasted burnt and could not be used.I am a firm follower of the Boge refillable carto's.

@ Sonja: Cartos need to be wet inside. If they go dry and you continue to use them it could develop a burnt taste that won't go away even after you fill them again. Keep them topped off or stop vaping them if they might be going dry to avoid this. I don't think the position of them makes much difference in a carto. In a clearo it is helpful to tip them when they get low on juice.

@ icrarussound and Sonja: Not all cartos are made equally either. Some may be much lower in resistance than is marked or just plain defective.

Thanks Mike, yes I knew about the topping off, the one carto I use currently I top off after every smoke break with a couple of drops. Those "burned ones" were two fresh cartos that I filled with 1 ml over the course of the morning, to take them to work with me, so I had them not on the battery before trying them when I went on break. With 1 ml they should have been "full" when I tried to smoke them at six on my "dinner break". I still have the burned smell in my nose...it's now 8:45 *lol*

Edited by SonjaWi

Thanks so much for the help!

@ icrarussound and Sonja: Not all cartos are made equally either. Some may be much lower in resistance than is marked or just plain defective.

I got these: http://www.ecigsupply.com/Boge-510-LR-Cartomizer--5-pack-_p_314.html and these: http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1541&category_id=39 and these: http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1372&category_id=51 for my 510 and this: http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/parts-accessories/ego-parts/ego-atomizers-and-cartridges/joyetech-ego-c-trial-kit-1-head-1-body-5-cartridges/ and this http://www.ecigsupply.com/eGo-TTank-Atomizer_p_146.html for my Ego-T.

All had burnt flavor as I said. Do you think this was just bad luck? I just want to get replacements for when my existing 510 cartomizers and ego-T atomizer need to be replaced. I am now scratching my head wondering what the hell I can get?! If I focus just on the 510 - this is a question - what cartomizers can I get that will work without overheating and causing the burnt taste? Should I get the highest resistance cartomizers?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Steve

I've recently come across this problem, I ordered kanger horizontal coils and the first two I filled up,(mind you I filled them and let them sit like you should) They tasted horrible and burnt, thought maybe it was the juice reacting differently to the filler, but tried a different juice and got the same thing on the third one. Those where on my 808 I use at work sometimes, Then on my ego c upgrade, I had to clearomizers, I think visions but they could've been knock offs, and those to had burnt taste. I tried cleaning them and dry burning from youtube videos and the coils don't even light up red so idk what my problem is lol

This is important for us to get to the bottom of. I'm almost convinced it's the latest batches from the factories. Have you contacted your vendors? They'll ask you questions like. 1. What PG/VG mix are you using? 2. What battery voltage are you using? etc..

The vendors need to know there might be trouble in paradise. Fortunately, most vendors will try to troubleshoot with you.

I hope it's not another BogeGate...

In the meantime, hang in there, hopefully someone will come along with a been there done that fix for ya.

• 6 months later...

Hi im new to this forum and i purchased an EGO Clearomizer starter kit

its basically this one

https://www.allaboutvapor.com/vaporshop3/images/P/ego1000stardust01.jpg

Except it doesn't have the joyteck logo on it or the EGO logo on it,

the first 3 days it was amazing in flavor then after about 1 week BURNT flavor on every 3rd or 4th hit, bought another tank and that SAME DAY burnt flavor again...

Am i doing something wrong?

also FULL BLOWN NEWB HERE so ANY advise no matter how stupid you might think it could be its probably usefull for me.

as far as juice i use the LUSH tobacco flavor with Med 12MG of nicotine.

and some lush chocolate for flavor. uhhmm oh yeah and also i don't know how to prime and such

Thanx for your help.

I was having pretty common burnt flavour too with my twists.

I figured out that while trying to hit the sweet spot voltage (thus wattage) I was burnning my ce4.

Since i got the evic and am able to set the wattage to be the same at all times i am no longer having a problem with burnt tastes.

On a side note: I know the ce4 isn't the best atomizer on the market or anything like that but i am an offshore worker and frequently destroy my ecigs while working (i don't take the evic offshore). So when working i take cheap cheap knockoff products with me so when i lose a setup it's only a 7 dollar loss.