atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizers, batteries? o.O

GaGa

so im making another topic because i have decided to get the eGo, but i am confused as to what i should be getting and what is what in general. what exactly are im thinking of buying this

http://www.goodejuice.com/store/value-egot-1100mah-electronic-cigarette-kit-p-411.html

but im not sure why it is so inexpensive? im looking for a refillable tank that i wont have to use a syringe to refill with so are these a good option as well?

http://www.goodejuice.com/store/egot-clearomizer-various-colors-p-633.html

and what exactly are atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizaers and the difference between auto and manual batteries and what is the difference between eGo C and eGo T ??

:wallbash: :wallbash:

That would be a good kit.Those didn't seem to catch on for some reason but the batteries and charger are worth it.I would get a vivi nova to go on it

http://www.goodejuice.com/store/boge-vivi-nova-35ml-tank-kit-p-812.html and a box of these http://www.goodejuice.com/store/boge-510-cartomizers-soft-tip-black-p-375.html an assortment of liquid and you should be good to go.

I was on the fence between this value ego-t and the 808. I went for the 808 because a) I like the look of cigarette, and B) I did not want to worry about buying three pieces, the two piece cigarette is for the moment what I will go for. But, I am reserving the right to upgrade to this kit at some time :).

The reason why it is cheap is because there is no big logo of any "brand" on it. All those egos get produced in China and some brands put their logo on and charge another 5-10 dollars just for that.

Well you have a lot of really good questions and congrats on making the effort to quit. I haven't had a real cigarette in over 2 years. This really does work. It is not a gimmick. So let's get into your questions and then I'll make some recommendations. First let's talk about the difference between the eGo-T and eGo-C. The eGo-T was the 1st tank style eGo. The "T" stands for tank. The mouthpiece is the tank for the device. The cone and atomizer are built in together and screw into the battery. Inside of the cone there is a spike that pierces into the mouthpiece. The liquid goes into the spike which feeds into the atomizer. The eGo-C is the exact same system except that the cone and atomizer are separate from each other. Making replacements cheaper to buy. Now on to the bad news. Both have their flaws. The tanks are really,really small and need to be refilled quite frequently. You also can't draw on them very hard at all otherwise you get this annoying whistle and it can cause leaking. They are also known for dry hits. So what's the difference between atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers. Atomizers basically are a tube with a piece of silica wick at the bottom that sits in a ceramic cup. The wick is wrapped with wire that heats up and vaporizes the juice. The downside to this is you need to drip 4-5 drops on the atomizer at a time. Vape the liquid away (about 8-10puffs) and repeat the process. Not very conducive to driving and you can over drip which causes leaking. Cartomizers were created to address the constant dripping issue. It's relatively the same size tube as an atomizer and it also has a coil that heats up the e liquid but that coil is surrounded by a poly fill material that holds more juice. You can also get cartomizer tanks (often referred to as carto tanks) which is a tank that surrounds the cartomizer, the cartomizer has one or more holes in it to continually feed the poly fill inside the cartomizer. The downside is that many people find the flavor of an atomizer much cleaner than a cartomizer. Honestly not enough to outweigh it's convenience IMO. You may get a batch where a couple are bad but the good news is that they're cheap. Clearomizers are the idea of putting an atomizer inside of a tank. They do not work consistently enough for me to recommend any of them. They have all had wicking problems and one will be amazing and the next one you will have to throw away after 5 min. of using it. The atomizer can't sit on the bottom of the tank as if it's completely surrounded by liquid it's flooded and can't produce vapor. Soo you have to put it above where the juice is, but then you have the problem of getting the juice from the bottom up to where the coil is. They try to accomplish this by having long strands of wick going down into the tank. Only problem is that the whole system is fighting itself. Gravity is trying to keep the juice going downward while the wick is trying to work juice up to the coil. Resulting in dry hits. The vivi nova works the best out of all of them but you still get some that are bad out of the box. So automatic and manual batteries. Automatic batteries require you to inhale to activate. Unfortunately they aren't sealed and juice WILL eventually get down in the battery causing it to short out. Always go with a manual battery. So on to my recommendations. I would stay away from the eGo-T and eGo-C kits. I would recommend a couple eGo twist batteries, charger and carto tank. The ego twist is a lot like the standard eGo batteries except you can adjust your voltage between 3.2 to 4.8 volts. Higher voltage creates more heat and more vapor. eGo Twist starter kit I know I said to stay away from the clearomizers but the kit is cheaper than buying the batteries and charger seperately. And this way you can decide for yourself. Here's a pretty nice tank. It's made of glass as some juices react with plastic tanks. [url="[url="http://www.valleyvapes.com/Triple-V-Pyrex-4ml-Premium-Tank_p_71.html"] They also carry cartomizers on the same site. And you'll need a carto punching tool to put holes in your cartomizers. It's not the best carto punching tool but it's cheap and it'll work. [url="[url="http://www.valleyvapes.com/Cartomizer-Punch_p_15.html"] It may seem like I'm pushing valleyvapes but I'm not. Honestly never even shopped there. Was just looking for a cheap starter kit and they just so happened to have a nice carto tank setup. Just trying to save you money not having to pay shipping from 5 different places. If you need anything just PM me. Worst case scenario is we do a Skype call to make sure you're good to go. I'd say good luck but it really isn't that hard.

Edited by CASEACE79

thanks everyone i ended up getting this kit

http://www.vapow.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JY-SKB

@caseace79 i would have gotten the kit you posted but they were sold out and i want to stop smoking analogs ASAP so this kit came with 5 v-cartomizers, i wont be only using those i want the tank and liquid but for now will i be able to even use the cartonmizers with what i was given in the kit? it seems ok but i feel like they were missing something from the kit.

Nope the kit is perfect. You did great. Keep in mind that even if you don't like the flavor of the juice that it doesn't mean vaping won't work for you. There are literally 1,000s of different flavors. You might want to pick up some blank cartomizers to refill yourself with whatever juice you want. The brand most of us like are made by Boge. Here's just one link. You may find them cheaper as there are tons of vendors who carry them. http://old.310vapers.com/e-cigarette-accessories/e-cigarette-cartomizers/bulk-deals/boge-lr-cartomizers-15-pack-mix-n-match.html# Here is a great carto filling tutorial. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PICBRi37Zs0 Also try and stay away from tobacco flavors as they really don't taste like a cigarette. A lot of vendors have sample packs so you can try lots of flavors. I'd I have yet to find someone that didn't find at least 2-3 flavors in their "a little bit of everything" sample pack that they love. http://www.aliceinvapeland.com Now only do this after you order samples from a different vendor first as Alice In Vapeland takes up to 2 weeks to ship. They are very popular and a very small organization.

Edited by CASEACE79

CaseAce has your back. The only thing I can think of to add, is the prefilled Honey Flue Cured Tobacco from LiquidXpress.com 12mg if they have it.

It might not be your cuppa-tea... some love it (like me) and some hate it. But I leave you the link, because I don't know what side of the fence you'll fall on. If nothing else, they're great for in a pinch when your other carto's need replacing or whatever. Never hurts to have backups! Just ask Nana. :)

CaseAce has your back. The only thing I can think of to add, is the prefilled Honey Flue Cured Tobacco from LiquidXpress.com 12mg if they have it. It might not be your cuppa-tea... some love it (like me) and some hate it. But I leave you the link, because I don't know what side of the fence you'll fall on. If nothing else, they're great for in a pinch when your other carto's need replacing or whatever. Never hurts to have backups! Just ask Nana. :)
Hi Uma! The only reason I didn't recommend a tobacco isn't because I don't like them cause I love a good tobacco. For a new vaper though I think it's easier to find a fruit flavor or bakery flavor. Tobaccos automatically have something going against them when it comes to a new vaper. The preconceived notion that tobacco means that it tastes like a cigarette. Well you and I know that a cigarette flavor is impossible. To truly appreciate a tobacco you have to first understand how we taste vapor. To me vapor is more tied to smell than taste. When we taste a strawberry we get texture, juice, temperature ect. When we taste vapor none of that is present. Wrapping your brain around this concept allows us to appreciate a good tobacco. A good tobacco to me will taste like good pipe tobacco smells or how a freshly opened pack of cigarette or cigar smells. I just think as a new vapor understanding that is asking a bit much. Lol.

@Uma thanks I will def be trying that out! I made a post to find different sites that offer packages where you can but sample packages of all of their flavors to figure out which ones you would like the best, do you know any besides aliceinvapeland.com? I want to order there's but it takes too long as caseace had said :-/

@case thanks so much you've been a really huge help :*)
Not a problem. I have been exactly where you are. Actually it was Uma and a couple others who have me advice on picking up my 1st eGo kit over 2 yrs. ago. Very similar to what you got except there wasn't any VV options then. Lucky dog!!! Lol!!!

You're right, of course, Case. You got me to remembering back, and I remember I didn't try it until a few months of vaping the Apple's, Bananas, and other great flavors. What a different out look I may have had if I had of tried that HFC tobacco first. I might be warning people to stay away... far away lol.

There are lots of great sample juice packs at various Vendors.

Altcig.com has some of the most affordable juices around, and, of course, we either hate em or adore em. I'm at this moment enjoying their Bob's Krave Kutter... it's nutty, dry, with caramel and vanilla. Like a Ry4/555 mix or something. Not too bad. Another one of theirs I really like is Caramel Cappuchino. I'm a cappy fan. I also love their Irish Cream. (strong flavor tho, watch out!). So, with that said, 3 out 5 tried of theirs so far, I feel confident enough to recommend them to others. The best part? They have crazy great prices and when they offer coupon discounts, it's even crazier nice. (sign up for their newsletter).

http://www.altcig.com/Fun-Pack-Samplers_c_36.html

If you like them, you'll know which types of flavors might be for you. Beverage, fruit, dezert, and so forth, and will feel more confident shopping at the other more expensive stores. If you hate them, it's probably because they used too much flavoring. Shake the bottle good, take the cap off, and let it sit in a safe dark cubby hole for a week, putting the lid back on and shaking it every day. (it won't evaporate). That's called "steeping".

Hopefully you will enjoy enough, to learn your palette. If you hate it, it's okay. Just keep it in an igloo and revisit in 6 months. Our tastebuds change as they heal from smoking.

Edited by Uma

You're right, of course, Case. You got me to remembering back, and I remember I didn't try it until a few months of vaping the Apple's, Bananas, and other great flavors. What a different out look I may have had if I had of tried that HFC tobacco first. I might be warning people to stay away... far away lol. There are lots of great sample juice packs at various Vendors. Altcig.com has some of the most affordable juices around, and, of course, we either hate em or adore em. I'm at this moment enjoying their Bob's Krave Kutter... it's nutty, dry, with caramel and vanilla. Like a Ry4/555 mix or something. Not too bad. Another one of theirs I really like is Caramel Cappuchino. I'm a cappy fan. I also love their Irish Cream. (strong flavor tho, watch out!). So, with that said, 3 out 5 tried of theirs so far, I feel confident enough to recommend them to others. The best part? They have crazy great prices and when they offer coupon discounts, it's even crazier nice. (sign up for their newsletter). http://www.altcig.com/Fun-Pack-Samplers_c_36.html If you like them, you'll know which types of flavors might be for you. Beverage, fruit, dezert, and so forth, and will feel more confident shopping at the other more expensive stores. If you hate them, it's probably because they used too much flavoring. Shake the bottle good, take the cap off, and let it sit in a safe dark cubby hole for a week, putting the lid back on and shaking it every day. (it won't evaporate). That's called "steeping". Hopefully you will enjoy enough, to learn your palette. If you hate it, it's okay. Just keep it in an igloo and revisit in 6 months. Our tastebuds change as they heal from smoking.
Uma I love you sister but this goes to so GaGa how subjective taste is. All the flavors you mentioned I wouldn't like. Haha. I have tried dozens of coffee vapes and haven't liked a single one of them. Irish cream wouldn't ever be on my radar. I'm really picky though. Lol