Three questions from a noobie

Cookie

Hi all. I'm my husband and I are new to vaping, just started last week. We each smoked about a half a pack a day. We didn't smoke in the house, went in the garage or outside. We tried not smoking in our cars but that didn't last.

I have three questions. First, now that we can vape in the house I know I will do it more than I smoked. I am planning on using a 0 mg nicotine juice along with my 11mg juice so I don't over do the nicotine and end up feeling sick or becoming MORE addicted to nicotine since our plan is to use vaping as a way to gradually get off the nicotine. Can I vape with the 0 mg juice all I want or will I get a sore throat, chest pain, any other ill effect from the juice itself or is it the over vaping of the nic that makes one feel ill? I vape menthol or peppermint if that matters.

Second question: If I mix equal parts 18 mg nicotine juice with 0 mg juice will that give me a 9 mg juice or does it not work that way? I bought a peppermint juice in 11mg for me and 18 mg for my husband. He doesn't like it and I don't want to waste it so I thought if I cut it with 0 mg juice I could vape it. I absolutely love it.

Lastly, I bought a menthol that is soooo strongly menthol it tastes like a Hall's cough drop. WAY to much menthol for either of us. If I cut this with a tobacco flavor juice will it taste more like a Salem Light Menthol than a cough drop? Unfortunately I bought two 30 ml bottles of this figuring since it was menthol it would be like a menthol cig. Part of the reason, besides health, we want to quit is to save $$ but I feel we are already wasting $$ trying to find a good juice. I do love the peppermint flavor but don't know if that will do it in the long run or if I will need a menthol that mimmicks my usual analogs to stick with vaping.

Thanks for any guidance. Love this forum and have learned so much here already. I've read it for hours over the last 2 days - can't stop once I start! And if anyone knows a juice that mimics Salem Lights Menthol please post!

Question 1: The important thing is to stay hydrated, in most cases the person becomes dehydrated. You can overdose but each person can be a little different, the only way is to see how your body reacts.

Question 2: Yes you are correct on equal amounts, I'm no chemists but I'm pretty sure thats the formula.

Question 3: You can always cut the juice with non flavored juice, distilled water or vodka. It might thin out the juice if you use water or vodka, remember it must be distilled water.

Answer to #1 0mg should be fine and BTW 11mg is pretty low so I wouldn't be worried. Nicotine absorption is 3 to 10 times slower than traditional cigarettes which results in no acute cardiac side effects. Bonus!!! Just to let you know the health risks of nicotine are about equal to that of caffeine. At least that's what the science is pointing to as of right now. Nicotine in itself has never been linked to cancer or heart disease. It's some of the other 4,000 chemicals in cigarettes that do. I actually know a lady who was borderline COPD and her Dr. told her that if she didn't stop smoking in the next yr. the effects more than likely would be permanent. She told him that she was going to try an electronic cigarette and he strongly advised against it (ignorance). She did and a yr. later her lungs have started to heal, she is no longer borderline COPD, she vapes 12mg strength nicotine and shows up negative on her blood tests for nicotine, and her Dr. refers patients to her for help getting set up and quitting. He even asks her for the business cards of the vendors she gets her liquid from to hand out to his patients. I say this to let you know that even if you don't completely get off the nicotine to not go back to smoking as this is a way better and healthier alternative. I do applaud you for the conviction to do so though. I also do echo the water thing. Stay hydrated. Also listen to your body if you start to get a stomach ache or a headache lay off the nicotine for awhile. Answer #2 Your math is right on point with the proportions. Money out of pocket initially is a hit but will balance out once you find a juice you really like. (that's if this doesn't become a hobby for you like it has for me. I have yet to break even I think, but I'm an exception. You don't need multiple $200+ mods to stop smoking.) You can really offset the price if you start making your own juice but I wouldn't advise you do that just yet even though it really isn't that hard. If you can bake a cake you can certainly make your own juice. Concentrate getting a juice you really like first and getting off the stinkies. Answer #3 I hate to be a bit of a downer but nothing you do to the juice will EVER make it taste like a cigarette. There the cat's out of the bag! You just can't duplicate the taste of chemically treated burning leaves. Don't fret though not all is lost. You have a huge advantage going for you. Menthol as you have found out is easy to duplicate yet just not in the proportion you like. Menthol smokers usually have an easier transition into vaping than non menthol smokers do. Menthol goes really,really well with fruit flavors. Here's a very popular vendor that is known for really good fruit and menthol flavors. They even allow you to choose how much menthol you would like. http://rawrvapor.com I think you'll really like them. Remember that even if you don't like a specific juice that there are literally 1,000s of flavors out there. Just stick with it and congrats of making an awesome life changing choice.

Edited by CASEACE79