Aga-T+ (Aka V2)

mse12

Mine shipped out today! Should be here by Friday or Saturday I'm hoping! Will keep you posted with first impressions and of course pics and most likely questions as well! :D My little RBA collection is finally taking form. Yay! Happy Vaping!

post-14739-0-00596900-1358463882_thumb.j

NOT my pic...sourced online at www.discountvapers.com

I really hope this is a winner! I need a workhorse rba that I can take to work. I'm using my rba's at home and carto tanks at work. I look forward to getting home a little more everyday if you know what I mean! Lol I need one that can handle minimal abuse and my AGA-S just isn't it. If it were the screw cap than probably yeah but not with the sucky o-rings. I have gone to two auto parts stores trying to find a suitable replacement but so far they are all too thick. I can find plenty that fit around but none that will allow the cap to go down...:(

You'd love the Temon RBA (you can buy the atty seperate from the set), and the Gemini! (MMVapors) They have the small chamber for the good warm vape, but bigger tanks. They have the Twist on caps, (precision airhole drilled to line up with wick), and don't ever leak. Save your pennies, they're worth it!

Oh, and they're coming out with a new Temon with an even bigger tank in a month or two too. (always has something new coming out), but it will be like major all day outing size tank.

For a true 3ml tank, the DID20 is nice too. I didn't realize I didn't mention it before, sorry. It has a cooler vape, is smoother than the others, and has it's place in the vaping routine. I like mine the best in the mornings, and evenings. The DID20 has lots of room, is easy to wrap a coil. The biggest plus about it, though, is the wick hole is 3.5mm which means it's tons of fun for experimenting different wick wraps and stuff. Just thought I'd shoot that out there while it's on my mind.

I own and use: DiD20, Mini DID, and Gemini. I hope to own the Temon soon.

Has it (AGA-T+) arrived yet/?? What's it like?

Edited by Uma

Well, I'm disappointed in myself. I can't seem to get a decent coil going on this yet. I've wrapped 3 coils so far, two with the same wire and I just can't get the hotspots out. They are all the top coil, I'm running 32 kanthal and I've tried wiggling and moving the wick closer to the post. Blah, I'll have to tinker with it this weekend. I tried two free hand wrapped coils as well as one I wrapped on a drill bit. I dunno... :wallbash: The build quality of the unit itself seems good. The top cap o-rings are good! That's a relief considering my experience with the aga-s. My unit shipped with both a plastic and glass tank, they both seem good enough. I will have to dedicate some time to playing with the coils. I wish it was just a wrap and go affair but obviously not today. I will post pics up once there's not a huge hotspot on the top coil. :hope:

Does anyone know of any YouTube videos that show how to set up the AGA Tiamat PLUS, including info on SS mesh and coils? I am a complete noob when it comes to RBAs, so I'm basically looking for "An Idiot's Guide To RBAs".

Well, I'm disappointed in myself. I can't seem to get a decent coil going on this yet. I've wrapped 3 coils so far, two with the same wire and I just can't get the hotspots out. They are all the top coil, I'm running 32 kanthal and I've tried wiggling and moving the wick closer to the post. Blah, I'll have to tinker with it this weekend. I tried two free hand wrapped coils as well as one I wrapped on a drill bit. I dunno... :wallbash: The build quality of the unit itself seems good. The top cap o-rings are good! That's a relief considering my experience with the aga-s. My unit shipped with both a plastic and glass tank, they both seem good enough. I will have to dedicate some time to playing with the coils. I wish it was just a wrap and go affair but obviously not today. I will post pics up once there's not a huge hotspot on the top coil. :hope:

Well Kerrrrappp. I just read that on another forum, how the wickhole is too far away from the center post. They are not all they were promised/touted to be., but they are SS, so at least that improved.

Save yourself a big headache, and go pickup the AGA-T ... and then switch out the Center Tube posts. That way you'll have this T+ for parts, and the AGA-T with a screw cap lid for use. (first ask DiscountVapers if the two are compatible).

When you get your AGA-T, you'll probably need to wet sand the cap a notch, so the airhole will line up with the wick. Just set the sandpaper on the table, then set your cap on top of it, and then move the cap around. Check for fit after each full circle or 1/2 or whatever. (unless you thrive on monster TH and less vapor lol).

Another thing you can try, is finding that Ribbon coil wire everyone is trying now. They're saying it works great for hot spot attys.

I'm so bummed you're being bummed out. I wish I had a fix it idear for you, but we're limited when they stupidly put the wickhole too far from the center post. grrrrr.

Who knows, maybe the Gremlins will be nice to you. :)

Edited by Uma

Does anyone know of any YouTube videos that show how to set up the AGA Tiamat PLUS, including info on SS mesh and coils? I am a complete noob when it comes to RBAs, so I'm basically looking for "An Idiot's Guide To RBAs".

You're in luck! There are a lot of them on youtube.

Here's a few to get you brains wet. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUswRhVyu0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5xJ89jjFE

and of course Scott! (igetcha69) has tons of tutorials. RBA's are a lot alike, so even if they're showing how to do it on one, it will more than likely also work with another.

I'll do a written step by step for you, too. Hang in there!

Yeah, I don't have an accurate way to measure the wick hole but first impressions are that it is smaller than the AGA-S. That may be entirely in my head though. I also may have rolled a larger wick...I dunno lol. It sure does look awesome I just hope I can get it running decently. Only time will tell that. I may pick up the regular aga t to see. No worries. When all else fails my boge cartos will hold me over. Also side note, that little igo-l is hitting great! Lol juice hog but great vapor and taste. :D

Hang in there, I feel you'll probably work it out, if it's work-out-able. If it's not, then hopefully they'll do a recall. I should have bought one too, so I'd know first hand what you're dealing with. (not that I'm a pro, but it helps to "know" the product when lending tidbits of advice).

Make sure the nuts are tight.

Make sure there is no moisture in the center tube

Make sure the coil isn't digging into the wick. It might have tightened while trying to pull the wick over to the center post.

Pulsate the coil and see if it heals itself. (really iffy fix when it's the top coil though. But it works great with the other coils).

Make sure the mod is set at 3.0 or lowest setting, or that your battery is 1/2 empty or less. (dying batts are our friend for these!)

Remove the top nut, does it make a difference?

Twist the wire right around the post itself, instead of using the nuts. Any difference?

Loosen the top nut. Any difference?

Tighten the top nut. Any difference? (usually this is the fix).

Tighten the base nut, maybe it's loose?

Is your wick off the bottom of the tank?

Is your wick cut level with or lower than the center post? (if it touches the top cap, it will short)

Is your wick small enough to not come in contact with the sides of the wick hole?

Try twisting your wick around a notch, maybe a fray is shorting somewhere on the coil?

Re-torch your wick, especially the ends.

Pour your favorite liquor into a nice hot cup of cocoa and relax a spell. It'll work out.

Well, I worked the last two nights so this evening I was able to get my AGA-T2 going. This is working like a charm for now. :) I wrapped the coil free hand with 32ga kanthal. I shortened the wick that I started with and rolled it tighter. I have the wick almost as close as I can without touching the positive post. This allowed me to work out the blasted hotspots. So far this is vaping like a dream. The flavor seems more full than the aga-s but I don't think by much. This is an easy win in my book for the money. I have it currently set up with the glass tank and have zero leaking as of yet. I have pics so here we go!

post-14739-0-97222100-1359166759_thumb.j

post-14739-0-98465800-1359166764_thumb.j

post-14739-0-66265600-1359166753_thumb.j

post-14739-0-81745800-1359166754_thumb.j

post-14739-0-32124100-1359166756_thumb.j

post-14739-0-82248000-1359166758_thumb.j

Hey Rixter, that first video that Uma linked to, the JC West tutorial is spot on. I just setup my AGA-T2 almost exactly the way he did in the video and I couldn't be happier. My wick is fully oxidized unlike his but that is simply because I already had it oxidized fully. This method he shows is perfect IMO.

Way to go MSE!! That looks great. I can't believe you were able to pull that wick so far over towards the post without the coil digging into the wick. (and yes! it needs to be as close to the positive post as possible, without touching, like you mentioned).

I don't know why they placed that wickHOLE so far away from the post, but they seem to do that on every one of their attys, and especially even more so with the new imporved T+. (I don't have to worry about that with my genuine DID series, the wick hole is just right placed).

OH! I ran across a post today that said to use some .M2.5 washers. Another poster also mentioned that the slippery/slimey o-rings are an easy fix. I've asked them both for fuller info. Hopefully I'll be able to help you tomorrow with it.

Way cool. The pic in this reply post really explains the Washers concept. The washers become a conductor, because they are touching the positive post, and because they extend out aways from the center post, the wick is now closer to the "new" center post.

The pic will explain better than me.

Way cool. The pic in this reply post really explains the Washers concept. The washers become a conductor, because they are touching the positive post, and because they extend out aways from the center post, the wick is now closer to the "new" center post.

The pic will explain better than me.

I click on the link and it says I don't have permission to view content. I guess I'll create an account later today. Thanks for the info though!

A newbie questions- Does anyone knows what is the expected average lifespan of the ss mesh wick and the kanthal A1 coil 30-32ga, with the assumption that it's perfectly done, with no hotspots and wicking issues and the daily e-liquide consumption is 2ml? And what will be the maintenance of such setup - how and how often it needs to be cleaned/ dry burned?

A newbie questions- Does anyone knows what is the expected average lifespan of the ss mesh wick and the kanthal A1 coil 30-32ga, with the assumption that it's perfectly done, with no hotspots and wicking issues and the daily e-liquide consumption is 2ml? And what will be the maintenance of such setup - how and how often it needs to be cleaned/ dry burned?

Daily consumption will rise... I vape at least 4ml a day, and often 6ml. Your mg nic strength will lessen though. Be sure to have Zero mg in fave flavor on stock, so as to dilute as needed.

A wick will last at least 6 months. No problem. They can be taken out, washed under the faucet or put into an Ultra Sonic cleaner. I usually just torch the gunk off mine, and remove lingering blobs with an old soft toothbrush.

The coil will last anywhere from 6-8 weeks, more or less. I just had to rewrap my Mini DID and felt dumbfounded getting started, because it had been sooooooo long since I'd wrapped a new coil. YMWV (your mileage will vary). That baby went for a long long time.

Remove the wick, fire the button to heat the coils, then dunk the coils in distilled water, for a shock bath. (be sure NOT to dunk the mod of course lol). The boogers will fly off. Any remainders can just be groomed off with a soft toothbrush or ... if the wire uncoiled when you took the wick out because it was soooo gunked up, then just run a papertowel along the wire to clean the soot off. Just anneal the wire again, and rewrap, or cut off a new wire to anneal and wrap.

How often does it need cleaned or dry burned? That mostly depends on your ejuice. If your juice is clear, and not too sugary, it will go a week to a few weeks between dry burnings. If you use to dark, sugary juices, you'll want to dry burn more often... a few times a week... maybe a few times a day, just like with your regular attys. The good thing about the Genesis type RBA, is you'll be able to see the soot and clumps appearing or overtaking... every time you remove the cap to refill, or to scoot that wick back away from the negative post, or whatever needs doing. They're much easier to keep track of, than the typical store bought premade atty.

Hope this helps to answer your questions. :)

See this is where Uma and I differ. While the wicks do last that long and there is nothing better than a well seasoned wick. I change my coils every week to week and a half as I have found out that no matter how much burning and quenching you do it will never taste as good as a new coil once it's broken in for a day. It also makes me more proficient in wrapping coils as I get more practice. I can now twist up a coil faster than I can clean it. Lol. Not to mention it costs me all of about 10 cents to make a new one.

Excellent points, Ace.

I just direct drip a fresh dose when the flavor gets too dull for me. I rotate my attys throughout the day too, so it's not like I'm vaping only one atty 24/7. But, yes, even so, the flavor's not anything like a fresh new coil.

There's a lot of little varieties at play. But, the cool part is, it's usually our own choice. We can go a week or we can go 3 months. It's all (mostly) personal preference. The coil will last that long, in general, but do you want it to? That's another question. But it's so nice being able to make the choice.

Edited by Uma

Good news MSE! Pixlejuice gave me permission to post his/her washer pic here. He/she is looking for the info for the right size o-ring he used on his "S" model. He/she said it came off another RBA that wasn't in use at the moment.

Notice how the washers now act as an extender of the center positive post. It's almost like we've moved the center post closer to the wick, like a good little atty should be. The wire is now just a tad bit showing in between the mesh and the new positive post current.

post-1865-0-73036800-1359411237_thumb.jp