Nicotine Levels...

Hey everyone...I am glad to find this website~ I'm new to all of this so it's great to find a place I can ask questions.

I purchased an e cig at a local store and so far it is working well but it doesn't have a brand name on it---the kit has the name of the store where I bought it. Is there anyway I should be able to tell? I tried two kinds and the one I bought has the smaller shape of a cigarette which I like. It also has a button to push when you inhale which makes it easier to get more vapor. Now...Nicotine levels. I was smoking Carlton 100s which have very little nicotine. The cartridge I bought has 11mg. How do I know how much nicotine I'm getting by vaping? If I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker, how long can I expect a cartridge to last:?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There's truly not a good comparison from cartomizer life vs analog life....I would compare most full cartos to maybe 5+/- analogs. Almost all of the companies lie saying a carto is equal to 1 or even 2 packs...that's a joke. You should expect about an hour or so roughly from a full carto before it's time to top it off. If/when you get a burnt taste it is empty or mostly empty and your filler is burning/burnt. Time to replace that carto. :D Hope this helps some! Welcome to VT.

As far as nicotine goes, even a light cigarette gives you a lot of nic if you smoke a pack and a half a day. To get at least that much nic from vaping you could probably use 18mg but 12mg is close enough. It all depends on how often you vape. If you vape more than you used to smoke then 12mg is plenty. If not or you feel like you need a little bit more then get 18mg. Same goes with heavy smokers who smoke stronger cigs. They might want 24mg to start out with or 18mg. Anything above 24mg is entering an unsafe zone and 18mg is medium high.

Welcome to VaporTalk!!! The claim that one carto = one pack of smokes is one thing of many that initially drew my interest in making the decision to quit. I'm sure this claim, among others, captured the attention of a lot of people. However the math was done to figure out this claim, there is a glaring preponderance of evidence to suggest the contrary. Which brings up a point that a close friend of mine gave me to think on before I went and bought a kit. He asked me, "By who's standard is the claim based on?" Is it your standard of nicotine intake? It certainly is not mine. But, hey....it might very well work for Joe Six-Pack down the street. Thus is the importance of doing a ton of research beforehand. I did, and I will still be learning and experimenting for years to come. Truth be told, I'm having a lot more pleasant of a quitting experience than any other time I've tried before. The other big thing you can do for yourself, is have a support system in place. This forum has been absolutely wonderful for that. Everyone here is very helpful, and understands just how hard it is to kick the habit. For me, this has been a useful tool, as practically everyone I know either smokes, or have never smoked and do not understand why smokers cannot just simply quit. Making the decision to cut analogs is highly admirable, and no small task. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, and again, welcome to the forum!

Welcome. The juice in your cart has 11 mg of nicotine per ml of fluid.If I remember correctly eacy cigarette has 1-2 mg of nicotine. Remember nicotine is not the harmful part of the cigarette, it's just the addictive part. It's the tar,carbon monoxide and 4000 other chemicals that kill you.

Thanks again everybody for the input! I have gone to a larger "battery" (I'm still getting the lingo down) with more vapor output and find that I am doing fine with the 11. Tried the 6 and the kick just wasn't there. So I have been analog free for over a week now and can't believe how well I'm doing! Like many of you, I smoked for a very long time...quit many times...tried everything out there to help me but could never sustain the quit.

I think I'm going to make it this time!!

• 3 weeks later...