Can A Strong Flavor Ruin A Ss Mesh Wick?!

mse12

So I messed up today and put a flavor that I hadn't yet tried into my AGA-S...to say the LEAST it was horrible. I pulled all the juice out and threw it out. I filled with my go to flavor and after the first tank I could still only taste the horrible flavor. Now that the first tank ran through I removed the wick and burned all the juice off and dry burned the coils. I put it back in and filled it again with my favorite juice and now there is a lingering flavor of the nasty juice and no other flavor at all....Have I ruined this wick? :no Just when I had this thing rockin' and rollin' I go and do something stupid like this...It's a sad day. lol

I haven't used a stainless steel mesh but I would think it should eventually straighten out.A good cleaning would speed up the process.If a person can clean a fiber wick stainless should be easier.

Probably could have cut it with vodka or distilled water. I did that with one last night and it worked great. Took about 4 drops of vodka in the 1.6ml tank and all was good.. I know it is after the fact, but if it happens again, something to try and definitely less work.

I love Irish Cream! Send me your wick, hurry! :)

You can even wash the wick under the faucet, roll it pat dry on a paper towel, re torch to dry, then fire season 2x or so, your nicer to you flavors. I know one gal who even tosses her wick into the jewelers sonic washer thing once a month. They're pretty darn tuff and last for months.

(fire season: Remove wick from coils, insert the straightened out paperclip into the hole, drip juice on it, light it on fire with your Bic lighter, let the fire die a natural death. Repeat. Take out the paperclip, reinsert wick into coils, drip your fave juice, and vape away).

Edited by Uma

That's good, that most of the flavor is washed out now. Too bad a little bit is left. That should dissipate soon too.

I use Irish Cream from Altcig and love it. I haven't tried other stores yet... maybe that's a good thing lol.

If you need more mesh for more wicks, the Mesh Company has some nice material, even the 600, for your experimenting pleasures. Overall, 400 and 500 are the most popular so far. Here's a link: http://themeshcompany.com/acatalog/25-micron-super-fine-mesh.html

When you need more wire, a good place is from King Orchid on ebay. Kanthal A1 anywhere from 28 to 32 gauge is popular.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kingorchid/m.html?item=261051663448&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc7e44458&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are other places too, of course.

Awesome, thank you for the links! I've currently got two 4"x6" #400 mesh sheets (minus the one wick I've made). I've also got 10' of 30ga and probably about 8.5' of 32ga kanthal a-1. I picked these both up where I bought the rba's from myvaporstore.com . I'm sure I over paid but hopefully not too bad. :) I will definitely keep these links for future orders. Thank you!

That's good, that most of the flavor is washed out now. Too bad a little bit is left. That should dissipate soon too.

I use Irish Cream from Altcig and love it. I haven't tried other stores yet... maybe that's a good thing lol.

If you need more mesh for more wicks, the Mesh Company has some nice material, even the 600, for your experimenting pleasures. Overall, 400 and 500 are the most popular so far. Here's a link: http://themeshcompany.com/acatalog/25-micron-super-fine-mesh.html

When you need more wire, a good place is from King Orchid on ebay. Kanthal A1 anywhere from 28 to 32 gauge is popular.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kingorchid/m.html?item=261051663448&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc7e44458&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are other places too, of course.

I'm looking at the link for the SS mesh now. There are too many options, lol. Which one is the best deal? Are they just different sizes or different material? lol I see the 400 and 500 but there are several options for each. Which one have you ordered in the past? Just curious.

I can't remember which exact one, I think it was the 2nd #400 choice on the page. (the link of the page from above).

Feel free to ask them, which one is best suited, or most popular with the eCiggers.

Oh! Here's a copy of the newsletter type mail they sent me, that you'll be very interested in reading before you order. :)

=============================

As a customer of The Mesh Company I have taken the liberty of informing you of a development to our range of materials.

From January 11th – January 31st we will be having a 15% sale on ALL E-Cigarette mesh and wire materials.

From January 11th we will be offering various Kanthal wires, Nickel Chrome wires and Silver 99.99% wires alongside our ever popular #325, #400 and #500 mesh materials. These wires will be included in the 15% sale!

Our range of wire will continue grow throughout January and February.

We will continue to send our popular FREE sheets with every order, and will endeavour to provide the lowest prices around and the best service possible.

Also, if you are a member of an E-Cig forum then you can register for a lifetime 5% discount by sending us your contact details and a link to the forum of which you are a member.

Happy New Year from The Mesh Company

• 4 weeks later...

Best sources I have found for the stainless steel wire mesh material are the following and all can be ordered online, without too much hassle.

www.mcmaster.com

www.grainger.com

http://www.bwire.com/index.html

One lesson I have learned the hard way over the past few years - always search around for the best pricing on this material! Prices can vary by about 50 % in either direction depending on what place you buy from! DO YOUR RESEARCH!

That's always sound advice. Thanks for sharing it. :)

MSE, I finally found the exact one I had purchased. There really are tons to chose from, & gets very confusing, overwhelming. The main thing to look for, I believe, is #316 mesh #A4 and perhaps "L" tossed in there to boot.

Here's the exact one I bought, for those who need an idea of what numbers to search for:

Ltd #400 Super Fine Filtration Mesh - 25 Micron)
WSS500SF-A4 Super Fine #500 Stainless

at themeshcompany http://themeshcompany.com/acatalog/25-micron-super-fine-mesh.html

(I'm not competing with above post, just filling in your previous question, of which one on the page did I buy)