About To Take The Plunge, But Have Questions...

tegana

I currently smoke clove cigarettes exclusively. My Djarum 76's won't clear customs anymore, and aren't available domestically, so I'm going to try to switch to vape.

First thing I did was found that there were various Kretek flavors I could try. I also spent probably 20 hours or so of reading to decide that I would probably be happiest with a KGO VV.

I also found out that cloves (and cinnamon) fluids must be used in a pyrex/glass or metal tank only, as the polycarbonate plastic ones will crack using these fluids. I've looked at the tanks at phiniac. Here

is the thing though; I don't know what I need to buy to go with the tank to fit with a KGO VV or how to put all the stuff together.

Can anyone advise? There is a lot of info out there, but I can't seem to find what I specifically need to get started.

Thanks for your reply

So basically: the carto goes through the tank which holds the fluid and the combo screws into the battery then a tip at the other end of the carto/tank and I should be ready to go? Since I've never seen an ecig in person, I'm a bit confused as to how everything goes together and what items are needed.

I know a starter kit w/clearomizer would be a lot easier, but I really need that pyrex tank to use the the clove flavors and I have been looking for an exploded diagram or description for how the components fit together and how to use them.

First, you'll prime your tank carto with about 30 or so drops of e liquid while holding the carto at a 45 degree angle, being careful to avoid getting liquid in the center air flue hole (if that does happen, just blow through the carto to clear the flue). Then screw the carto onto your battery and slide your tank all the way down onto the flange at the bottom of the carto.

You should get a filler tool, which is a funnel that fits in the top of the carto and makes filling the tank much easier. Then just slide the tank up onto the filler tool, drip the liquid into the funnel, and when the tank's almost full, slide it back down to the carto flange. Remove the filler tip and replace it with a drip tip. Now you're ready to vape. :thumbup:

Steve K's got an excellent description and review of the filler tool, how to use it, and where to get one here.

DCT-Filling-tool-title-image-480x312.jpg

Also, there's a new type of tank carto out that looks pretty promising. Steve K's description and review of that can be found here. I just ordered a couple to see if the hype is true for myself.

CE2-Tank-Cartos-Title-480x268.jpg

There are other methods to fill tanks, but this is about as easy as it gets.

BTW, EC Blend has a clove flavor called Kretek Blend that can be found here. EC Blend offers a variety of options as all of their juice is custom blended, but for use in a tank, I'd recommend an 80% PG / 20% VG blend. I've found that mixture provides good flavor and vapor production characteristics while remaining thin enough for tank use.

Edited by Rixter

Rixter's advice is good , there is a cap on the market that has what looks like a 2" long neddle in the end with a soft cap that fits over it it fits most 10ml and 30 ml bottles works great and is cheap $1.49 lasts for money uses and is blunt so you dont have to worry about stabing yourself