Ce2 “Wick” Style Tank Replacements

No gurgling or leaking on the first one out of the package. Like other CE2s, it seems that there will be a break-in period involved so the jury is still out on whether or not they beat SmokTech tank cartos in taste and performance, but so far, they look very promising.

Edited by Rixter

I am definately going to get some of them. They look like the ones to get. I don't like clearomizers that much as they are difficult to use but I like the idea of this cartomizer. Only question is will they have a dual coil version and will it be able to go up to 6 volts to get a warm vape. Never mind I found one: http://www.madvapes.com/tank-replacement-dual-coil-cartomizers-1-5-ohms-dual-hole.html I guess I should pay attention and go to purchase on the page that is on the thread to see there is a dual coil option. I wonder how well they will do on 6 volts.

Edited by willmon22

I am definately going to get some of them. They look like the ones to get. I don't like clearomizers that much as they are difficult to use but I like the idea of this cartomizer. Only question is will they have a dual coil version and will it be able to go up to 6 volts to get a warm vape. Never mind I found one: http://www.madvapes.com/tank-replacement-dual-coil-cartomizers-1-5-ohms-dual-hole.html I guess I should pay attention and go to purchase on the page that is on the thread to see there is a dual coil option. I wonder how well they will do on 6 volts.

You know, the first one that I got was a 2Ω single coil, and I noticed right away that it really didn't like 8 watts too much. It had a little bit of a scorched taste, so I dialed it back down to 7 watts and everything seemed good with it. The thing is, it doesn't behave like a normal tank cartomizer in that at lower power settings, it performs like a regular poly-filled tank carto does when set at much higher levels.

I got my 3Ω single-coil CE2s in the mail today and decided to take a different approach at breaking in the first one out of the pack. Rather than just hitting it with 8 watts right off the bat, I started at 5 watts (3.9v), and was amazed at how it performed. It behaved like a poly-filled tank carto does at 7-8 watts. I'm going to gradually increase the power until I get to "scorched" and see where that takes me. 5 watts tasted pretty darn good, which is strange for me because I'm usually an 8 watt vaper.

In other words, I really don't think you need to hit it with a lot of power to get a great vape out of it.

The best price I could find on them was at Hoosier E-Cig. The ones I got were SmokTech 3Ω CE2 style DCT tank cartomizers, and cost $1.59 each. A five-pack was $7.95 + $4 shipping, and they only took a couple of days to get here. They carry 1.5Ω & 2Ω dual-coils, and 1.7Ω & 3Ω single-coils.

I can't say much about the dual-coil versions because I haven't tried them yet. In fact, I've never used any dual-coil tank cartos before.

Edited by Rixter

I'm vaping these at 5.5 watts and couldn't be happier with 'em. This is a big departure from my normal trend of 8 watt vaping, but they do a great job at lower settings with the added benefit of extended battery life...and no leaks. I will continue to use these instead of poly-filled tank cartos from now on. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So are these even easier to fill? Like all you have to do is just fill the tank and it will automatically absorb the liquid into the wicks? Or do you have to fill the cartomizer itself too? I am kind of getting a little nuts over the polyfilled ones as I always fill them too much and get them leaking out the bottom resulting in little to no vapor production.

So are these even easier to fill? Like all you have to do is just fill the tank and it will automatically absorb the liquid into the wicks? Or do you have to fill the cartomizer itself too? I am kind of getting a little nuts over the polyfilled ones as I always fill them too much and get them leaking out the bottom resulting in little to no vapor production.

After you fill the tank, drip about 3 drops onto the coil through the top of the CE2. Then wait a couple minutes for the wick to saturate and start vaping. :thumbup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines