Has Anyone Had This Problem With Other People?

I have also had several nay-sayers ask "so when are you going to quit that thing too? youre still addicted, just replacing one bad thing for another"

Does anyone else get this from people? Grrr it makes me SO mad! Where's the support you nay-sayers?? What the heck do you WANT from us former smokers???? We're trying, sheesh!

Oh I get this all the time, nonstop - especially from my parents who are an overprotective bunch to be sure. I was a pack a day smoker, and had just started using e-cigs to gradually transition myself away... eventually I completely stopped using tobacco entirely. Of course, my parents being completely uninformed about E-Cigs and say "It's just as unhealthy!". Um, mom, my lungs disagree with you. My skin disagrees. My heart disagrees, but those who are willfully ignorant can't be converted. But y'know - my doctors? They applauded me for making the switch.

What I get more and more is that people tell me "Well, you haven't quit smoking.". <---- THIS drives me nuts. Granted, I still get my nicotine, but after explaining all the differences they still won't budge. Like a lot of people have said, I just ignore it knowing that a lot of it has to do with the lack of information many non-vapers have or the false information that they are given. It's only a matter of time before more people are accepting. If people vape in hospitals, that right there should be a point on how we all aren't smokers, we're vapers.

If it looks like smoking, then it must be smoking. By and large, people aren't very smart - and telling people that you're not smoking, while it looks to them like you are - it confuses them. Even if you offer an explanation to them, explain to them that it's just vapor and nicotine and it's harmless. But it's smoke! See? Some people are willfully ignorant, and there's nothing we can do about it. I agree - it's just a matter of time.

Ugh, I get this all the time too. This weekend it was my favorite... "Propylene Glycol?!?! That's anti-freeze!! Do you know how many chemicals are in nicotine that cause cancer?!?!"

Um, no, it's not the nicotine that causes cancer... it's the 4000+ other chemicals I was directly ingesting into my lungs. That person got pretty quiet when I told them that PG is used in asthma inhalers and nebulizer treatment liquid and that VG (PG as well) is a common element in food flavorings that this person probably ingests every day without even knowing it.

I do get pretty frustrated sometimes when dealing with this, but then I remember it's not about what they think. It's about me and what I am doing for myself. :)

See, people are thinking about Ethylene Glycol when they go "that's bad for you!". That's the old school antifreeze that pets used to drink up, and then die of liver and kidney failure a few days later. On the other hand, Propylene Glycol *is* perfectly safe, and is so widely used in things for human consumption, its safety is something that needn't be questioned.

The propaganda worked well... alienate, crucify, degrade the smoker.

Then they made it a "moral" issue instead of a "health" issue.

They attack the vaper for "looking like a smoker"...

Wait until it's time to ban caffein. Anyone caught drinking out of a coffee cup of any shape or form, will be crucified.

Squeeky wheels and all y'know.

I am 118 days analog-free. Of course, being the caring soul that I am, I have suggested and touted e-cigs to many people. I have been able to turn several, including my mother (a 50 year smoker!!) but I have also had several nay-sayers ask "so when are you going to quit that thing too? youre still addicted, just replacing one bad thing for another"

Does anyone else get this from people? Grrr it makes me SO mad! Where's the support you nay-sayers?? What the heck do you WANT from us former smokers???? We're trying, sheesh!

Okay..so I'm late to the party as usual. Yes I hear it all the time. And it only gets worse the longer you keep vaping.

Dammit I have to agree with Jeffb and Brian also...just enjoy your vape, and know that it's better than the analogs.

No problem in my eyes. Every time someone jokes about it or makes a bogus statement I get an even bigger more obvious looking device. I think 99% of my coworkers are use to it by now. I usually get the whole "man, that looks like you're hitting a bong" and I just laugh and shake my head. They know its not but whatever. Idiots will be idiots. When they are on their deathbed with lung cancer I'll stop by and ask them how does that "bong" look now?