Ego Pass-Through Vv

post-1860-0-98330100-1352546197_thumb.jp

This has a 650mah battery and can be used as a true pass-through using a 2 amp charger.(2.5 amp max). It features a blue led screen with battery level, volt setting and toot counter. 2 button, up and down, volt selector near screen, 3v-6v in .1v increments. eGo threading and a familiar eGo fire button. USB to mini USB cable for charging or PT. Threaded end cap screws off for use as a PT or to charge. Had it less than a day but I like it a lot already. The blue led reminds me of my ProVari and so does its performance. The puff counter is a nice feature also. I picked this up at this place -->http://www.free-cigs.com/Ego-Pass-through-VV-Stainless-Steel_p_126.html

I have the black version of this. And it is great. Being able to use higher voltages for the first time really exceeded my expectations. The puff counter is great too giving me an idea of how long the battery will last on various voltage settings. The battery meter is good too always knowing how much charge is left is good. I had always thought there was something wrong with my ego flashing several times and I just found it was just a dead battery. Now I don't need to wonder anymore it will tell me. Now the next thing I would be looking for would be to increase the watts instead of just the voltage. Would this expand my experience further? Also forgot to mention unlike the provari this battery will actually let you go up to 6 volts on a 1.5 ohm dual coil cartomizer with no issues. I have heard the provari gives off error codes when you try to do this. I would say why spend so much on a provari when you can get one of these much cheaper. I really find no difference in this device from the provari other than it can go as low as 2.9 and the ego-vv can not. Also what exactly is the point in know how many ohms something is? If you don't know how many ohms something is that you bought then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Anything I have I know the amount of ohms it has and don't need a battery to tell me the amount in which it could be wrong sometimes.

Edited by willmon22

Will,

This unit has a 2.5 amp limit. The Provari has a 3.5. there is no comparison. Running 6 volts with a 1.5 atty gives you 4 amps and 24 watts. This unit cannot handle the load. It mostly likely is stepping down the voltage to work and you really arent vaping at 6 volts. Checking ohms on an atty/carto is important. Sometimes you dont always get what you order and also the ohms of an atty/carto change throughout its lifespan.

"Now the next thing I would be looking for would be to increase the watts instead of just the voltage"

There is no such thing as adjustable wattage. The wattage is a result of the volts & ohms. You can only adjust the volts and use a different ohm atty to vary the watts.

That V2 is definitely cool looking. It has real blue led numbers, the one I have is only back-lit with blue led light. As far as watts and voltage go, I'm not power-hungry. My PV's are usually set between 3.6 and 4.4. Whatever the watts is, is good enough for me whether I'm using a ProVari, Twist C, or this new thing I got.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah this thing goes to 6 volts. It feels the same as it does on 5. When I go down to 4.4 I start getting some good flavor. 4.4 volts is as high as I go when I want a little extra, usually I have it on 4v or 3.7ish. I've been using 2.4ohm T2 clearos. I use the same settings on my ProVari with similar results so there's no doubt that this thing works at least in the range that I use it.

It is not a great VV battery. There is a loose connection which is located between where the battery is and the electronics. It's a friction connection that loosens up and can come apart just like an eGo battery can do. Mine has a band of electrical tape around it so it doesn't happen again.

The usb to mini usb charger or mini usb port no longer works but I can charge it with a regular eGo charger.

The up-down buttons now only change the voltage down no matter which one I hit but it will go to 6.0 after 3.0 and back down.

It is only 650mah and it is longer than the twist 650.

It's not the greatest but it does the job now that all my twist batteries are junk.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines