Need Help Chosing My Next Rig (Have Ego-C 1000Ma)

SmoothSmoke

Hey guys and girls.

I've been vaping for over a year now.

Started with that blu crapper, now i'm rocking EGO-C.

I like the EGO-C, been dependable, and reliable, my first attempts were neither

It's wearing out, i'm hard on them, i want something better. Tired of sacrificing for the reliability.

1. The smoke is tasteless (i get you have to put heavy flavors, still don't help much)

2. I'm not digging the cold smoke, i like deep and flavorful.

I want the same quality rig, but more MORE taste and DEEPER smoke, little hotter too. Something that doesn't burn juice would be nice (tank system is real efficient).

I want something that i don't have to worry about going back to smoking if it's done, so it needs to be RELIABLE, well made. But, give me better smoke options.

Any tips to go from here are GREATLY APRECIATED. I"m wide open and willing to try anything, but ya, mine broke a few days ago, i'm smoking and misserable, desperate to get something asap.

THANKS in advance

For a beginner, I recommend the eGo Twist; Thor clearo/(Vision v.2); the Vivi Nova tank; the Vivi Mini-Nova.

However, I personally prefer a Puck or a Variable Voltage (VV) Boxmod such as MadVapes sells: Here's an Auto, here's one with display..

You spend around $50, (and you need a charger and batteries), but you can use the batteries in any other mod later - as well as the charger.

I recommend VV simply because you can adapt to any atty (head) you use. I loath buying junk I cannot tweak. Some juices like low volts (watts), other juice likes higher volts/watts.

Buy a spare clearo/tank and a spare [pair of] battery. You can now operate all day long, anywhere.

I prefer CC/RA tanks and clearo - I want to replace the smallest part I need to - and I recoil and wick.

I prefer at least 2ml capacity - the Thor & Vision don't meet that requirement. Two milliliter will last a few hours. Clearo and tanks refill easier.

Wow, thanks for taking that much time.

I've been vaping a year, I've finally come to turns i need to relise that if i don't vape, i'll go back to smoke, time to step up the game.

I'm defiantly think the Ego-C Twist for battery.I was thinking the Boge XXL for the cartomizers.

But, i don't want to care a that big thing around, so i need a travel kit like the ego-c, which i like, but i don't like the cold smoke and lack of taste.

I just want a good kit, that would be good for taste and deeper warmer smoke... simple kit that high quality.

I'm defiantly going to check out all your suggestions tomorow, lot of good tips. I want to get more serious and treat this as a hobby and just accept that nicitine is in my blood for good, not going back, that and i LOVE the vape.

If you want warmer vapor, go for low resistance carto, clearomizer or atomizer. Careful what you buy, when I started I bought an ego kit, come to find out that the tanks it came with leaked like crazy! Threw them all out and started using cartos, now I'm done with those because they don't last long and now I'm only direct dripping, best flavor you can get, and the vapor it produces is very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that link for the Puck. I have to give that a try. What's the total cost for the build? It says all parts available at Radio Shack but all mine sells is phones and wifi. I haven't seen the wall of capacitors and resistors at the shack for a few years now.

If you want a variation of the eGo twist, try the Vision Spinner. It's essentially the same as the variable voltage twist but with the numbers on the bottom much clearer and easier to see.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1192&zenid=0947d4c03f545b503ca7054574319c3d

I just recently got the 900 mAh version and it's so much easier to see where the voltage is. You can turn it up for a warmer vape, turn it down for cooler.

For the best flavor I'd recommend direct dripping. For that you'd need an atomizer (get the lowest ohm rating for hotter vapor... 1.5 ohm I think is the lowest). If direct dripping you'll want the atomizer and a drip tip. A drip shield is needed to keep it all from being messy.

For clearomizers, I love the eGo 2.4 ml CC (changeable coil). It holds 2.4 ml of liquid so you don't have to keep filling it all the time and it's the next best thing to dripping as far as flavor goes, imo. You can get those at The Veteran Vapor:

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-2-4ml-cc-long-wick-changeable-coil-clearomizer-clear/

You can get the replacement coils in different ohms (I think they have 1.5, 1.8, 2.0, etc.) Check with Brian and he'll be able to tell you more of what he has in stock.

Good luck! :)

VapeDude: I wrote a pdf available here - that hyperlinks the parts (BOM) and uses RS vs Good Prophets vs Madvapes for ordering.

I've about given up on RS for walk-in supplies: most are not "chain", and thus they stock crap - if they bother with stock at all.

My Neopuck is going strong - built from GP battery boxes, adding a MV mosfet-kit PCB and tactile switch. Each of my VV attempts has broken in one way or another, and there is no solution other than mail-order for me: the Puck is so much easier to feed & maintain that keeping at least ONE around is the best alternative to analogs.

My wifi here is horrific, so you might email me if you need a reply - expect delays.

Feel free to peruse that whole site wherein I store the pdf!

I think the best choice for you is the vision spinner, get the 1300mah bat,you can use the same charger,as your ego, i got both the spinner and twist, like the spinner better easy to see #, and read voltage out put, for cartos < I really like the new CE3XL clearomizer...only you have to fill with needle, but this give great flavor and vapor, I have used one for 3weeks with cleaning it every 3or4 days, you can get 5 pack for 9.99 from discountvapors.com. if you liketo tinker get a repairable attie,like the griffin or pheonix rebuildable atomizer,these are drip atties,but sure get great flavor andvapor, also form discountvapors give the vivi nova tank 2.5 a try also very good item, that about all i can tell you,ads for my expericence on the matter.happy vaping