Cleaning A Drip Atomizer

yeroc1982

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. I've heard about dry-burning, soaking in Crest Pro Mouthwash, PGA or clear liquors, Coa-Cola, and many other methods, but I still haven't found anything that makes them perform like new again. Those methods may clean up residual taste issues, but I still can't figure out what will make the airflow improve on well-used atties.

I recently went on a quest to find an atomizer that provided great taste and longevity, and in my search, I came across a really great deal on a atty that meets all of my requirement...for $3.50. It's the Boge 510LR 2Ω Atomizer from Vapelite. As cheap as it is (about half of what comparable atties cost) and as long as it lasts (several weeks so far on my first one), you can't really go wrong with it. When the airflow bogs down and you can't restore it by a good soaking or dry-burning, then toss it and grab another.

By the way, Vapelite has the best prices by far on Dekang e-liquid that I've seen anywhere, and if you want something from Dekang that they don't have, they'll order it for you and let you know when it comes in. Most juices are $10 for 50 ml...try to beat 20¢ per ml. Dekang DK-TAB is one of my absolute favorites, and usually out of stock at most places, but not at Vapelite...they even have 0-nic for mixing down to your desired strength.

Edited by Rixter

Personally.....I use the corner of a kleenex or paper towel, twist the end, gently push into the open end of the atomizer, let sit over night or 10-15 min...depending on how impatient I am. you can use compressed air to hasten the procedure....use the compressed air nozzel at the battery end of the atomizer (very small hole)...keep the kleenex or paper towel in the open end.

There is no miracle cure....if the above doesn't work, I pitch it and start a new one.

Depends on why I am cleaning it.To change flavors between similar flavors I just blow it out.For dissimilar flavors I soak in hot water and rinse several times ,then blow it out and let dry.To try and revive a carboned up atty I soak in denture cleaner tabs then rinse several times ,blow out and let dry.Usually to no avail.

I rinse them with scalding hot water from the sink several times then let dry over night. I'm not sure that that actually helps but it makes me feel better. Atty's are disposable. If you get a few weeks out of one you've gotten your money's worth.

When I try out different flavors, I usually just vape out one flavor and then just move on to the next without cleaning at all. Sometimes there might be some residual taste, but only for a few pulls.

Like blucavvy suggested, rinsing in really hot water should clean an atty up nicely unless the last flavor you vaped was something very strong, like VaporGod's Arctic Wolf, which, in my opinion, will absolutely RUIN an atty...permanently!

yeah you don't have to clean an atty to try a new flavor, just do what rixter said. anything menthol flavored will NOT go away though so unless you dedicate an atty purely to menthol don't use any in your atty. most other flavors are gone in a few hits. i've gone through at least 4 different flavors on my current one with no cleaning.

A good soak in cheap *** vodka seems to work well enough for me. i soak for about 48 hours, rinse with hot water, then let it dry for about 24 hours or so. Echoing what everyone else has said, when it's time to pitch it, it's time to pitch it.