Help! Can Passthroughs Be Fixed?

I was wondering if passthroughs can be fixed when they stop working. I have 5, now duds, laying around now for my 510. My last quit today and I'm not very happy when vaping off a battery. Thinking of nothing but smoking a cigarette now. :( Anyway 2 of them quit working couple days after getting them and the others quit after a couple months. Was wondering if there is a way to fix them, or are they just shot after a little while??

I agree with Christopher and Jeff, The only other cause may be if you've been a little sloppy and let juice build up and is shorting out that atty. Unplug the passsthru and clean the connector and see if that helps.

OK thanks, I'll give that a try. One more thing before I try and take this apart, it isn't like they don't even light up anymore, they all still flash. When you push the button they keep flashing like the batteries do when they are dead. Sometimes they will then stop flashing and light up like normal and let me get a couple hits but then start flashing again and not work...

Are you talking about Ego passthroughs,the cheapo 510 5 volt passthroughs or the Joye 3.7 volt passthroughs?They can each fail for different reasons.The 3.7 volt Joye passthroughs have a 10440 battery that can go bad or the circut board in the battery box is usually the culprit.On those you can remove the battery box and make it into a 5 volt PT that will rock until the tactile switch craps out.The cheap 5 volt 510 passthroughs have the tactile switch which is not rated at the amps we draw and those go bad.From your comments about lights blinking I would guess you have Ego PT's .I have never used an Ego passthrough so I cannot have any guesses about what would cause those to crap out.My best advice for you would be go to MadVapes and get some 1XAA battery boxes and and assortment of switches and atty connectors and use your cords on some home made Passthroughs with high amp switches.Even better get some USB extension cords and cut those to length for even heavier cords.The color code for the wiring can easily be Googled to see which two wires you need to use for the 5 volts black and red I think.

Edited by mcquinn

They're pretty cheap joye 510 passthroughs, Not sure the voltage... Someone else told me to move it around till it worked and let me hit it and then tape it in place, and that seems to have done the trick. :)

Didn't know those had lights.

Mine have a blue light. Got them from eastmall but there is no picture on their site. I had to email them and ask if they still sold them when I ordered my last joye 510's. The gal there told me they had them they just weren't on the new site. They're working now again so I'm happy :)