Saddle Valve Users

So i've been using Smoktek DCT's, but i'd like to try out my boge's in a carto tank b/c i enjoy the flavor outta them a little better. Picked up a jtank and a saddle valve but i'm having problems trying to punch the carto.

My carto seems to want to slide around inside of the saddle vale as i twist it, forcing it the needle to the sides of the carto instead of dead center. Anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?

My saddle valve is a 1/4 inch, i'm thinking it's too big since the carto slides around inside of it. Should i go back and pick up a smaller size? i was also thinking maybe folding up a paper towel or something and lining the bottom of the saddle valve would help, acting as a cushion and preventing the carto from sliding around. Might try that if no one else has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I think the back clamp peice is reversible for 1/2 pipe try flipping it around so the space is smaller or some have inserts to reduce the size.Has to snug the screws down to hold it in place.I have used a lot of those for humidifiers and ice makers but Vision clearomisers has made it where I don't have to use them for vaping.Also make sure the needle is screwed clockwise all the way while clamping it on .

Edited by mcquinn

i haven't had any problems with sliding cartos... although you could try using a wedge..paper towel sounds good. perhaps one of the rubber caps from a carto might work too?

on another note: dont get a carto punch from avidvaper. they aren't that expensive, but mine won't punch anything after a dozen hole punches. pretty weak imo... :(

Most of those are built for one time use in plumbing and carto's are harder metal than copper or PVC pipe.So they will wear out pretty quick on stainless steel.I am not too sure that carto tanks are the way to go .You have o rings and carto punching and they are tricky to fill.I think I would explore alternatives like Vision products.But that is just me,I would rather vape than mess with hardware.

I like using both, carto tanks work much better for me for on the go, more liquid, no leaking, no fiddling, better throat hit.

All my visions leak from time to time and don't hold as much liquid so i dont like them for on the go, but the flavor is great so i love using them at work or at home.

I'll try adding some padding to the saddle valve and see if that works.

• 3 weeks later...