New To Ecigs, Want To Stop Smoking Analogs...

Josh

Hey there, sorry if I come across as quite ignorant about ecigs, but I really want to stop smoking analogs. I've been lurking on this site for the last week or so absorbing as much information as possible. I'm torn on which models to buy, because I don't want to sink a ton of money into this and come to the realization that I don't like it.

For a bit of history, I've been smoking for about a year now off and on. I know how bad analogs are, and I've been doing a ton of research on the health effects of ecigs vs analogs. I want to stop smoking analogs altogether, and it's not necessarily been a huge struggle but I want a healthy alternative.

What kits do you guys recommend for someone who doesn't want to spend a ton of dough? The kind of analogs that I usually smoke are camel menthol (full flavored, sometimes the light kind as well). I usually smoke about 3-4 a day, not much more than that. Main reason why I want to stop smoking analogs is because of the mucous problem that analogs cause (dead cilia, can't handle taking care of mucous buildup in the back of my throat, tired of spitting all of the time).

For you guys, is it cost effective to smoke ecigs? I'm not really sure how far a 10 mL bottle will take me (usually buy a pack of analogs once a week or so). Some of the models I've been looking at (eGo C and eGo B) are kinda pricey, but I want some more recommendations about which models are better than others.

In short, I feel like there's so much information on ecigs and I can barely absorb all of it. It's like a SEA of information and I'm about ready to drown! Lol

For $19.95 you can get started with one of the best cig-type ecigs from smokelessimage.com

I would suggest this because if you think vaping isn't for you then you it only cost you $20 bucks, and if you like it all you have to do is order an extra battery, extra cartos and some juice and you're good for a long time.

The $20 kit comes with 1 battery, a charger, 2 prefilled carto's (that can be refilled several times), and a 3 month warranty. They also offer 2 battery kits and a lot of other options but just to try a real e-cig this is a good way to do that. You can get a manual battery(has a button you have to press) or an automatic battery.

If you want to go straight to an eGo or other mod/big battery device you need to consider the following. It's always best to have at least 2 batteries and a charger. Sometimes the cheapest way to get this is to buy a starter kit but maybe not. You gotta search for what you think you are going to be using and see if it makes more sense to buy things separately. Maybe you could buy one 1000mah eGo battery that will last you all day, a charger, a clearomiser/cartomiser/tank/drip atty and/or whatever you want on it,and some juice. The possibilities are endless and I hope I'm not drowning you but there are lots of different ways to go about it.

I love my Twist C ego batteries and the regular ones too. I wouldn't recommend the eGo c tank because they can be troublesome, I do use them though and also Vision clearos. I also have been using my Volt e-cigs again, I had them on the back burner for a while but those little things do work nicely and I knew I would go back to them.

There are lot's of big battery mods that are not extremely expensive and a few smaller cig type ones that work well but I don't know what would suit you and I can only speak of what suits me.

By now I probably have you confused because I'm babbling but if you have any other questions just shout them out and someone will help you.

That would be good.Or I usually get my friends a Joye 510 kit and a box of Boge refillable cartomisers.I vape a lot and use about 20 to 30 ml a week and a carto every three to five days.Make sure you have enough stuff on hand because it take 3 to 5 days for shipping.The Joye kit with Boge carto's lets you try dripping as well as carto's and the kit comes with two atties and two batteries .Once you get used to the fact that vaping is not smoking but an acceptable alternative you should do ok.You will most likely never find anything that will duplicate smoking .There are however some very tasty eliquids and you will get your nicfix and be able to blow vapor rings with any kit out there.

The fact that you only smoke 3-4 analogs a day... tells me you should just stop smoking and not even switch to vaping! Not to mention you've only been smoking for around a year. If you must do something... then by all means try vaping... and go with an eGo!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! Now is a good time for you to do so. With the advantage of being able to lower your nicotine mg intake as you go along, I'm sure it won't be long before you're home scott free once again. Back to base one. Oh how I wish I never had started smoking. Good for you for catching your breath so early in your smoking habit.

I love both the Volt by xmokelessimage.com and the eGo-c-TWIST by TheVeteranVapor.com They both rock.

The Volt is one heck of a cig sized one, don't let the size fool you. It really does pack a good satisfying vape, unlike most ecigs in their "size" bracket". Being an infrequent smoker, charging the batteries probably won't be any problem for you at all. They last about 3 hours between charges, when they're constantly being vaped on.

The eGo TWIST is one that everyone should have in their arsenal against smoking. This one allows the user to adjust the battery voltage output to their particular ejuice flavor or type. Some flavors prefer a cooler volt, while others demand a hotter vape, and with the Twist you just turn the knob til you reach a nice position.

Either way you go, you'll come out ahead and no doubt will be back to try the other one anyway just to see how it goes for you. Most of us do use an assortment day in and day out, for various flavors, outings, and so forth. It never hurts to have more than one kit or type on hand at all times. Besides, like Nana always says, "you can never have enough back ups!".

When you vape, it's different from an analog. Be sure to take gentle slow draws, release a little bit of vapor and then inhale. If you have any questions of any sort, hop on by and let out a shout. That's what's so great about VT, the posters here rock!

I second (or fourth) the recommendations here. I bought a KR808 kit and am very happy with it. I would only add to purchase a bottle of juice if the vendor you order from sells it. I ordered a 6ml bottle with my kit, and ordered a sample package from another vendor. That package was hung up in the mail for 6 days. Trust me, purchase the extra juice in case you love it!. Welcome to VT.

So I thought I would update you guys on what I bought.

I ended up going with the Volt from smokelessimage.com. In short, I like it. The flavor is a bit weak, but I think I'm going to get used to this overall. I may go back and smoke a regular analog strictly to compare the difference between ecig and the real thing.

The carts were prefilled 18 mg nic. Not strong enough for me it seems, because I regularly smoked Camel Methol full flavor. However, I am getting a buzz from the ecig. I've smoked it quite a bit today, charged quickly using the supplied usb charger.

The juice I bought was menthol ice 24 mg (the highest I could buy at smokelessimage). I liked the icey mouth that the analogs gave me, not to mention the nice relaxed feeling that I got, but am tired of dealing with mucous buildup in the back of my throat.

Any strong menthol liquid recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I say buy an ego battery, charger and stardust clearomizer. I made the mistake of buying the ego kit, come to realize that the tanks leak like crazy and all the atomizers and tanks in the kit become useless and wasted money.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the family. :)

You might want to pick up some 24mg juice. The 24 will give you a bigger TH.

I'm not a menthol fan, but someone will be in shortly to steer you in some right directions. There's so many wonderful juice chefs out there! Actually, you might want to start a new thread titled "Top 10 Menthol Juices?"

Best of luck to you!