Some Questions About The Ego-C

Hello, new member saying hi. I have some problems with my Joye eGo-C.

I'm using the default cartridges and atomizers since I'm still very new to all this.

My atomizers don't last very long at all. Usually they last around 2 days before they start to give a burnt taste to the vapor. I have read about cleaning them, and I have been feverishly dry-burning them as soon as they've become gunky around the coil. It doesn't really seem to help at all. While I am dry-burning them, they give off this very burnt smell (of course), and no matter how long I dry burn it, I always end up with this burnt taste in my mouth afterward.

Also, if I take the cig apart and clean everything off with a paper towel so all the parts are nice and dry, but as soon as I put a cartridge in and take just one single drag, the atomizer will have liquid all over it, on the outside of it. I try to vape using long, slow drags always, so I don't think it's about me trying to smoke my e-cig like an analog.

I have now ordered tons of replacement silicone tips for my cartridges, thinking that that might be the problem. I'm going to try changing the tip every time I refill the cartridge to see if that helps. I don't know if that's what people usually do?

Sorry for the not-so-coherent post!

I ran into similar issues with the ego-c. The atty's can be finicky IMO. I don't recommend dry burning the atty, that won't help the gunk. Only thing that will is cleaning them. When you clean all the pieces, even if you dry with a paper towel it's best to let the atty sit for 24-48 hours to dry completely. That's prolly why you're getting liquid all over it, although they also do leak alot, i remember always having to wipe it down.

Their biggest problem is that they don't wick the juice to the atty fast enough, which is why you're getting the burnt taste. Many have been in your shoes and eventually switch to cartomizers. The batteries are great, but the atty/tank setup is not. Personally i think you'd be better served using some boge low resistance cartos on the battery. Less problems, less maintenance, and if you get a bad one or it starts gunking up too much, just throw it out.

Hope that helps.

Here's what's going on. There is a little bit of material below the wick that surrounds the element within the atty. This needs to always be wet. Dry burning will carbonize this and leave a nasty taste and will also make it so that it doesn't wick very well. DON'T DRY BURN THESE ATTYS!!! They don't even need to be cleaned unless excess liquid is coming up the cartridge where the vapor should be. WET IS GOOD!!!

The most common problem I have is when I can tell that the atty is not wet enough and I start to get a toot that is not all there, like it's running out of juice even though it's full. As soon as this happens try taking a hard dry hit. Draw hard for a couple of seconds WITHOUT pressing the button. This helps get the juice flowing again to keep everything wet.

I don't recommend dry burning the atty, that won't help the gunk. Only thing that will is cleaning them.

Here's what's going on. There is a little bit of material below the wick that surrounds the element within the atty. This needs to always be wet. Dry burning will carbonize this and leave a nasty taste and will also make it so that it doesn't wick very well. DON'T DRY BURN THESE ATTYS!!! They don't even need to be cleaned unless excess liquid is coming up the cartridge where the vapor should be. WET IS GOOD!!!

Thank you both for your helpful answers!! :yes

Sounds like I should lay off the dry burning then. How would you recommend I clean them instead? Do people boil them in water to clean them, or what?

After some usage, my attys seem to get to the point where the coil doesn't glow anymore when I press the button. That's why I have been dry burning them, because when dry burning the coil will start to glow again. I thought that was how it was done... :wallbash:

i myself have never had much luck with attys. i tried them like you when i frist got my kit. 1. i didnt know any better. and 2. it was all i had. imho i think cartomizers are the way to go. especially with the DCT (dual coil cartomizer tank). extremely little to no mess. i get a full day of vaping hardcore before i have to even think about refilling it. and its just a hassle free way to vape.

now the cool thing about vaping is everybody has what works for them, be it direct dripping, cartridge/atty combo, cartomizers. and there is soooo much stuff out there your bound to find you sweet spot. but to me using attys is just to much a burden. hope you find that sweet spot and happy vaping!

imho i think cartomizers are the way to go. especially with the DCT (dual coil cartomizer tank). extremely little to no mess. i get a full day of vaping hardcore before i have to even think about refilling it. and its just a hassle free way to vape.

Hehe, cool... I just 10 minutes ago ordered some DCT cartomizers and a 6ml tank, to try out the world of cartomizers... I was hoping that I made the right decision and didn't order bad quality stuff, then I saw your post and now I feel more confident about my blind purchase!

Is this what you are using or something different?

That is exactly what mine looks like!

DCT's are awesome, but a few tips to get the best experience out of them.

1. Are you punching the carto yourself or using prepunched? If using prepunched make sure your juice is mostly PG, if punching your own be careful, if you compromise the shape of the carto at all, it'll prolly end up getting stuck in the tank, making filling/disassembling a nightmare.

2. After you fill the tank, add a couple drops of liquid into the top of the carto. This sorta 'primes' it up for use. I didn't do this the first time i tried DCT's and got an awful plastic taste. Since i didn't have a syringe to pull the juice in the tank back out it was essentially a waste of the carto PLUS 3 ml's of my favorite juice.

if you need to punch your holes or make them bigger, a cheap and reliable way is to pick up a 1/4" saddle valve from lowes or home depot for around $4. and danpio is correct filling the carto before you put it in the tank is not only the best but is just about mandatory! lol and also get a syringe like he said. just incase something goes amiss, and they do from time to time so your not out of the juice you put in the tank...

what kind of juice are you using kiahnlliya? pg or vg? anything higher than 50% vg i would recomend getting a triple hole punched carto from madvapes.com or getting a 1/4" saddle valve from a hardware store and opening up the hole so the thick vg can re wet the filler. also my favorite carto is here http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/510-SMOKTECH-XL-17ohm-RESURRECTORS-Bottom-plated-and-1-pre-punched-hole-for-all-the-DCT-tanks-I-sell-Box-of-5_p_93.html these have the best draw ive ever had in a carto and plus they have free shipping!

Don't give up on eGo C if you still have new attys. Try again and you might have one that works great, tank after tank, for weeks with no problems. Most of the time I get a month of use out of a single atty without having to do anything but refill the tank cart. They do seem to give a lot of aggravation to a lot of vapers including myself at times and I wouldn't recommend them but I've had good luck with them for the most part.

The DCT's do work good and I like that setup sometimes. Also clearomisers such as stardust, vision and whatever else they are called are a must try also.New_CE4_E_Cigarette.jpg

You know, now that I've stopped dryburning my attys they seem to work better. I didn't dryburn yesterday and the atty is still fine today, so that's definitively noticeable improvement! :yes

I've also tried the "hard dry hit" method when the juice seems to not be flowing, and it works very well! It also helps if I take the cartridge out, put it back in and twist it a bit before every vaping session. No more burnt taste and weak vapor! Yay!

I still have my tank + DCT cartomizers on the way too so I can't wait to try those out as well.

I've never had an eGo-C leak, but I have had some that didn't wick well (dry hits). One thing that worked for me was to insert a needle between the wick and the little tube that the wick is in. That will open up a little passage for the juice to get through. You don't want to boar a big hole. You may have to twist the needle back and forth while putting a little pressure on it, but it will go down. This has worked quite well on some the ones I had trouble with. You can also try pushing the wick down a little (not to much).

eGo-C1.jpg

So, an update... My DCT cartomizers and 6ml tank arrived today. The main difference that I've noticed is that the vapor is warm when I use the DCT. Kind of startled me at first, that one... :evil: Also, there is a lot of throat hit, much more than before. So much that I think I'm going to go from using a medium liquid to a low one. But maybe it's only while the cartomizer is spanking new? I guess I'm weird complaining about too much throat hit... :blush:

All in all though, very interesting! There's also more taste in the vapor compared to before!

I love the fact that the tank holds tons of e-liquid so I don't constantly have to refill and exchange those damn cartridges!

The main difference that I've noticed is that the vapor is warm when I use the DCT

The reason may be that the carto that you are using with it is a lower resistance than what you were using. Most attys and cartos come in different resistances and the lower ones produce a warmer vaper, use more e-liquid and produce more vapor. This is similar to having a high volt mod.

eGo C attys come in at least 2 different ohmes, standard and low resistance(SR or LR). I prefer LR with a standard battery or with the twist c at a low volt setting. The vapor is not noticeably warmer but it does produce much more vapor. Some other lr attys and cartos do produce a noticeably warmer vapor.