When Is Enough Enough? Ny Attempting Ban On Ecigs.

I'm sitting here at work checking my phone and my facebook page is covered with protests concerning the possible vaping ban in NY. I know this is a very passionate group that we belong to as vapers and I just want to know when enough is enough? Will this ban pass? Which states will follow suit if it does? What will that mean for average joe vaper? What are the community thoughts on this? Just thought I would rattle the cage with the topic tonight.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

these bans have been going on (or at least attempted) in a lot of states since vaping actually became a blotch on the market. and they will only continue to do so. this is nothing new. as long as the FDA isn't making money on ecigs, local governments and the federal government will do everything they can to outright outlaw them.

best thing you can do as an individual is to not just complain about it on a forum and make sure you email the senators and house representatives from whatever state the current ban is going on in, and give them a personal story or a list of FACTS of ecigs vs. cigarettes. MAKE SURE THEY ARE FACTS, IF NOT YOUR'E DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD. it's all we can do as a community. i don't believe any state has actually pulled it off yet but you can believe they are all trying. think of how much money each state (plus feds) make off of smokers? there's no reason they wouldn't try and ban the one thing that could actually bring the tobacco companies to their knees. all the other "quit smoking" products out there have less than a 25% success rate. FACT. they know it's not going to work and that's where big pharma makes it's money.

this can actually work. so of course they're intimidated. this could cut into BILLIONS of tax dollars for every state.

I'm not complaining on a forum. I'm trying to find out the collective thoughts on the subject. I do not live in NY and I could care less the laws that are passed there. I know the tax revenue is the biggest financial hit in dealing with ecigs. I just ponder when did public safety and health fall behind the potential of lost revenue?

I'm not complaining on a forum. I'm trying to find out the collective thoughts on the subject. I do not live in NY and I could care less the laws that are passed there. I know the tax revenue is the biggest financial hit in dealing with ecigs. I just ponder when did public safety and health fall behind the potential of lost revenue?

lol, relax killer. i wasn't attacking you. public safety? your'e joking right? you think the federal or state governments give a damn about our health or safety? THEY MAKE MONEY ON OUR ADDICTIONS AND SICKNESSE'S. it's all about the all mighty dollar my friend.

as far as you not caring what happens in New York, i agree with you, i could care less what happens there. the point is we should. IF a state manages to pass a ban on ecigs, other states will have an easier passage to do the same. so what happens when your state is on the list? then all of a sudden you'll care?

we have to stop this as a community as i said. regardless of what state the new regulations or bans are being proposed. united we stand, divided we fall has'nt rung more true in awhile my friend.

obviously you don't have to take the time out of your day to email the local representatives about this if you don't want to, but as i said, it only gets worse if a state does happen to push one of these bills through.

Cavvy is making a very valid point. I'm on the opposite coast from NY, but this issue is important. If they can find a way to get the ban pushed through you can be sure other states will follow suit as to not lose out on the money smoking generates. Time to start researching POC's in NY to contact to argue our POV.

The ban won't pass (that is just my opinion) It seems to me that there are at least a few judges and lawmakers that have had their lives touched by ecigs either personally or through others in their circles. Even if it did get banned there would be a federal challenge to it and it would go through the appeals court and eventually up to the high court. Also the executive election cycle is going on and there is a good chance of the bamster loosing his precious office. If a Conservative gains office we have a good chance of shrinking government. Anyway whenever there is a ban enacted it creates by default a black market which will cost the government more to fight than it would gain from acceptance. So sit back relax and enjoy your vape. Everyone in NY needs to vote Bloomberg out of office and enjoy a nice 32oz cola.

Is this really true? I've heard of a lot of issues regarding the classifications of ecigs and even of e-liquid. And after the whole 'blue' thing... Who knows. Until then, vape away I suppose. Or stock up in case of Armageddon ....

I live in NY but the issue should still be a concern to everyone who is involved in the vapor community. Although it appears it's not going to go anywhere, we all should be keeping our eyes on these things. All it takes is for one to pass then the snowball effect begins.

P.S: Why do people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less"? (Not attacking anyone, just wondering why that mistake is so popular)

• 2 weeks later...

I share your sentiments. Could it be because of the loss of revenue from taxes? If so, it's like they've chosen to side with the traditional cigars who've killed millions of us! I'm totally against the banning of e-cigs! But, what can we do..?