Ego-C Twist

Mike

OK, I'm jumping the gun a little bit because I just received it today but I thought I'd start this thread for everybody's personal experiences, questions and comments about the Joyetech Twist vv battery. I ordered mine Sunday, got shipped out Monday, in my mailbox Tuesday from Mike & Carol's Internet Store. They have the best prices I have seen and obviously fast service. I chose the 650mah battery for $20.99 + $2.99 shipping. 1000mah sells for $24.49. Here are my preliminary findings of my 650mah twist:

It is nearly identical in size and shape as a regular 1000mah ego battery. (mabey 1mm longer and same diameter)

The twist dial on the bottom has etchings that are hard to see but go from 3.2v to 4.8v.

There is no click between volt settings and the dial turns about 270 degrees, 3/4 of a full turn.

The light is green on the charger! First vape at 3.2 with ego c setup and lr coil:

It works. A little on the light side, now at 4.8....

Definite voltage change but this thick juice isn't working well with c-tank, switching to standard 510 atty...

It's working like a champ! Very nice.

More to come after I play with it for a while and compare it to my ProVari mini.

I picked one up too, so far so good. I was worried how vaping at a higher voltage would affect the battery life, but it still seems to last me most of the day. Nice the be able to bump it up a bit when you're craving that extra throat hit. I'm usually staying between 3.4-4.0

I'm waiting on new attys and clearomisers. I've been using my regular ego with lr306 and ego c tank and Vision clearos but I don't have a proper juice for the tank right now and my 306 attys are shot. The ego C tank is kinda finicky, It works OK for me at up to 70/30 pg/vg mix and not so well with more than that and I just made several batches at about 50/50. I never had these problems with the older mega tank systems but that's a different thread.

The Vision clearos I have are about 2.5 ohmes, not a true lr and I wasn't quite happy with them so I was using them on ProVari at 4v. I get the same results with the twist c at 4v and I'm happy about that.

I do have a couple of good SR 510 attys that I use on other 4.8 mods and and ProVari and when they are on the twist c at 4.8 the perform just like my other mods.

I read a report somewhere that claims the twist battery will not output max voltage to certain dual coil cartomisers for some reason or other.

I'm curious to find the setting for a lr306 which imo is perfect on a regular ego battery. I might have to set it a 3.2 The sr 510 reminds me of lr306 when I crank it to 4.8

There's a fine line when using Vision clearos at a higher voltage. Too high and the wicking can't keep up and the flavor is diminished. 4 volts is pushing it with what I have. I usually set my ProVari at 3.8 for best results and the twist c also. These results will vary with what you might be using because these come in different resistances. I have the new V2 coming and 901 atty and other SR and LR stuff to experiment with but I'm happy as a pig in **** to be using my mod attys on my eGo battery.

Yeah my ego-c tanks and attys have gone in the drawer to save as a backup for my backups lol. Right now all i'm usin are boge LR's and smoktech DCC's. I'm sure I'll try out a vision clearo sooner or later. Haven't played around w/ my 306's on different voltages, but I noticed I really really like my Boba's at higher voltages. To me it finishes w/ a slight marshmellow like flavor that tastes real good as a warmer vape, whereas w/ my fruity flavors i like it lower and cooler.

The 650 mah lasted me all day at work from 6am to 4:30 when I got home it blinked off. Of course I haven't been using it constantly, I was too busy banging nails and cutting rafters. Last night it lasted 3 hours with me on the button constantly. Last night I got the ego c tank setup to work for me with the 50/50 blend I have. I put in a fresh lr coil and tank and it worked great last night and all day with the twist battery. I used it mostly on the lowest setting(3.2v). It was just like what I was used to. Turning it up with the lr does give more th and a vapor but doesn't help with the flavor and is not necessary imo. Last night I mainly used a gold band sr 510 atty while playing with the settings. This atty loves it at 4.8 volts and it also works well at 4 but 3.2 doesn't get it going well enough for me that's why I use these attys on ProVari or my homemade mods which are 4.8 volts. The Elegance clearos I have work well at 3.2v but even better turned up a little bit, about 3.8v, They are 2.5 ohomes and I think the lr C is 1.8 ohms and the SR 510 is higher so this is why vv makes sense. If not you need to match the ohms with the voltage your battery puts out if you want a certain type of vape. Perfect for me is a lr 306 at 3.2 but if I want a sr 510 atty to work like that i need to be in the high 4's with the voltage.

Got my second twist battery today and some other goodies(first time with a 901 atty!). This one is also a 650mah but different color, I knew I would like these! The "wheel" on the bottom is much looser on this one. The first one I got is pretty tight. I chose 650 because it is the size I am used to(just like a 1000) and between that and a couple of Volt batteries they are plenty to take me through a day. Those 1000 mah twist batteries must be pretty long!

i got the 1000mah in black, it is pretty long but i also have a ego-t 1000mah passthrough that's a little longer than that standard 1000mah's so it didn't take me long to get used to. My camera's at work but the ego-c 650mah measures out around 27/8 inches, my ego-t 1000mah PT measures 45/16 inches and the 1000mah ego-c twist is 43/4

I just think of it as a big stogie lol

Here's a pic. for you.

th_ecigs-1.jpg

from left to right:

650 mah twist c with 901 to 501 adapter, chrome thread hiding piece, black and chrome Empire Mod hexagonal drip shield(which looks more bad *** than the pic shows) and 901 atty and drip tip

650 mah twist c with eGo c tank and such

1000 mah eGo T with Vision clearo

900 mah eGo T with EMDCC

ProVari mini with extension cap for 18490 bat. with sr 510, drip tip and a cheap drip shield that is loose and looks like crap and probably will leak

Volt e-cig, small auto battery

My stogies are all about the same size with the exception of the Volt but good things come in all sizes and packages.

Edited by Mike

• 4 weeks later...

got mine about a week ago at vapestock for $20! :punk: dont know how that happened.... but the company was electrionstix.com and its been kickin some vapin @$$! i was hesitant about the twist at the bottom from changing whilst in the pocket but its pretty stiff and doesnt move around at all... i could go on and on blabbing about it but bottom line is IT ROCKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Altsmoke has the stainless colored 1000mAh twist for $26 right now. They have all the colors actually. The 650mAh twists are $23. Think I'm going to order a 1000mAh for myself and one for my girlfriend tonight.

I got to try one this weekend. My friend snagged a couple of the 650mAh models and it was great! Especially on Dulcis in an LR clearomizer.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines