Minors And Nictonie-Free Juice?

rkb

Hey guys love this community, i was vaping today and my friends only 17 and asked me how it worked and he wanted one himself. I explained to him and told him that since it has nicotine in it so he wouldn't legally be allowed to use it however i told him about the nicotine free juices and im not too sure how the laws would apply to it?

I am not sure about the law as e-cig's in general are considered tobaco products.I do think it would be a bad idea for someone who isn't addicted to smoking to start vaping as we do not know the long term effects of vaping only that it has to be less harmfull than tobaco use.

I am not sure about the law as e-cig's in general are considered tobaco products.I do think it would be a bad idea for someone who isn't addicted to smoking to start vaping as we do not know the long term effects of vaping only that it has to be less harmfull than tobaco use.

I agree strongly. But I was 14 when I started smoking so its not unlikely that a 17 year old would be smoking regularly. However it is harder to obtain quality vaping devices if you are a minor being you need a credit card and such. Its more than likely he would not be able to purchase anything until he has a debit or creditcard to use, but it also does not really verify age that I am aware of on most sites except for asking you to click yes if you are aware that it is for people 18 years or older so I feel a 15 year old with a card could really order whatever he wanted, probably even higher mg liquid (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Edited by BirdDog
admin edit

Most state laws for tobacco use are 18 years of age. I think there are a few states where the age limit is a bit higher. The laws will still apply even if it is 0 nic. It is the device and everything that makes it function applies to the laws. Some states have added ecigs to their current tobacco sale laws.

It sounds like your friend wants to give it whirl because he thinks that it looks cool. I would discourage your friend right now and wait until he is 18. It really would be damaging to the vaping community as a whole if someone was caught selling ecigs to a minor. We walk a fine line and nothing about the industry has been set in stone. E-cigs can be taken away, at any time, without any warning. I wouldn't want to risk my right to vape because a 17 year old thought it was cool.

Regardless of nicotine content, it would be frowned upon and I'm sure there would be negative repercussions. In a many workplaces, e-cigs are banned merely because it "looks" like smoking. The appearance of smoking is the kicker. I find that when a teenager is seen inhaling anything, the closest adult suffers retribution.

My advice, he should wait until he is 18 to make his own choices legally.